Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Maybe Marvel can release tie-ins to the movie, like prequels or short stories.
    Good idea like the team building a firey robot and calling it Sunfire.

Eh, its strange considering Marvel and Disney both would stand to benefit from them putting out something even if it isn't in the 616 directly. But then again, maybe this is one of those Disney moves where they want to take full range on the property and are focused only on doing their own thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Eh, its strange considering Marvel and Disney both would stand to benefit from them putting out something even if it isn't in the 616 directly. But then again, maybe this is one of those Disney moves where they want to take full range on the property and are focused only on doing their own thing.
    When Days of the Future Past came to theaters, Marvel reprinted the very story, despite the X-men franchise being own by Fox. They even did stories for BOTH Amazing Spider-man reboot movies when Spidey films are owned by Sony.

Honestly, something THIS SIMPLE should not be overlooked by both companies. It maynot connect to the overall Marvel Cienematic Universe, but it's still a part of the greater Marvel Universe in the comics.

I mean SOMEONE should try to speak out and call Marvel out on this and the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Looks like we finally got an answer as of why Marvel will not do any tie-ins for the team....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...redirect=false

Honestly, I'm disappointed in both companies for this.
    I couldn't find this thread, I was going to post it but you beat me too it, ha. This movie is inspired by but is not based on the comic. Disney is changing so much from the comic it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    This movie is inspired by but is not based on the comic. Disney is changing so much from the comic it makes sense.
    It's basically more of a Disney property now than a Marvel property, IMO, and any promotion on it would probably benefit Disney more than Marvel.

“If you had two things, and on one you earned 100% of the revenues from the efforts that you put into making it, and the other you earned a much smaller percentage for the same amount of time and effort, you’d be more likely to concentrate more heavily on the first, wouldn’t you?”
    --Marvel's Tom Brevoort
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thad937 View Post
    I couldn't find this thread, I was going to post it but you beat me too it, ha. This movie is inspired by but is not based on the comic. Disney is changing so much from the comic it makes sense.
    But even if it is inspired by the very comics it comes from doesn't excuse the fact that MAYBE Marvel could REPRINT the series, no ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    It's basically more of a Disney property now than a Marvel property, IMO, and any promotion on it would probably benefit Disney more than Marvel.

“If you had two things, and on one you earned 100% of the revenues from the efforts that you put into making it, and the other you earned a much smaller percentage for the same amount of time and effort, you’d be more likely to concentrate more heavily on the first, wouldn’t you?”
    --Marvel's Tom Brevoort
    But isn't Disney OWN Marvel now, so does that mean More money either way ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    But isn't Disney OWN Marvel now, so does that mean More money either way ?
    Depends on how the money is divided and how much Disney cares in this situation.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

BANNED

Well we finally are given an answer in this week's Axel in Charge, but all I got to say is MARVEL IS MAKING A MISTAKE on their part.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=55190

Spectacular Member

According to Bleeding Cool, here's the real reason that we aren't getting any more "Big Hero 6" material from Marvel . . .

Since then, we have been reliably informed that the reason that Marvel are not publishing any Big Hero 6 comics, rather, is that they have an agreement with Disney Animation that lets Disney Publishing handle all the print publishing.
    Last edited by Kpop; 09-02-2014 at 10:41 AM.

BANNED

Chris Claremont you done it again!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hasn't there been about 3 or 4 threads started by the same poster about basically the same thing? I never even heard of Big Hero Six until the movie trailer came out. And the Marvel credit on it was so small as to be barely noticeable.