Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default The Multiversity #2 Preview

It's finally here!

Superdemon!!!

Vampire Sivana!!!

Bring on the madness!
    I enjoy comic book adaptations but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost. Not a comic book movie fan.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

At last! Just show me a little more of Earth-11's Justice Guild and Earth-18's Justice Riders and all will be well in the world. I am ready for undiluted joy. Are you?
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Is this the first time Morrison's written Etrigan? Makes sense he'd be rhyming about what amounts to storytelling, and Etrigan being just the most astonishing dick bounces great off of him also technically being the Superman of this universe. And I'm definitely reminded reading this that I've heard Morrison doesn't like Constantine.

Also, Earths 43 and 13 are connected by one of the spirals, suggesting it may indeed function as a means of directing transportation through the Multiverse.
    Buh-bye

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Morrison has convinced me that Earth-13 should be the main reality for DC. The mystic league rocks!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Astonishing Member

I assumed Morrison couldn't resist going to Earth-13, but man, phew, glad to finally get it. Shakespearean Demon. The pinnacle of Gothic Romance. Count Sivana's hypnotized the Blood League into a problem! I like that Count Sivana's troopers have crazy black over-tech armor that's both vampire and techy (kind of Underworldy, actually, right?). And I note once again that the Superman of Red Rain looks a hell of a lot like the vamipiricized Ultraman after Mandrakk revived him. Plus Zillo Valla was the original owner of the Ultima Thule and Nix Uotan's mother, so I shouldn't be that surprised that we get some more focus on the Red Rain Universe either ... (recall that she was the Monitor of the vampire universe).

God, which one of the Sivanas is "Dark Sivana" from Earth-13? Sunglasses Sivana? Would he wear sunglasses in a world of perpetual twilight?

Manapul's History cover is really nice, but I think it's impossible to top that Starlin homage by Allred.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Snake sivana is my favorite!!

very nice, I'm really exited for wednesday

Constantine is so stereotypically English here that as one of those English weirdos I have to laugh.

Superdemon looks positively intimidating here, creates an interesting juxtaposition in that he is supposed to be the "good" guy.

On a footnote, only just noticed that the Blood League has an Ultraman, before that I assumed he was just another Superman analogue.

My body is ready for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Is this the first time Morrison's written Etrigan?
    It seems this is the mostly the first real significant use.

I'd love to see Grant do a gothic series with him (which probably won't happen). I love when Grant goes gothic romanticism.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Thanks for posting it!

The closest Morrison been to the The demon must'v been Klarion in Seven soldiers?

And while mentioning seven soldiers. Feels quite like it, it and Final Crisis wrapped up as one.

Can't wait to try to make sense out of it. Having quite recently read Seven soldiers, Final Crisis, Action Comics and the issues leading up to Ultra comics... My body is ready!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Thanks for posting it!

The closest Morrison been to the The demon must'v been Klarion in Seven soldiers?

And while mentioning seven soldiers. Feels quite like it, it and Final Crisis wrapped up as one.

Can't wait to try to make sense out of it. Having quite recently read Seven soldiers, Final Crisis, Action Comics and the issues leading up to Ultra comics... My body is ready!
    I believe Frankenstein was the Etrigan stand in (who was, when the team was based off of the Avengers, sort of a Hulk stand in).

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    At last! Just show me a little more of Earth-11's Justice Guild and Earth-18's Justice Riders and all will be well in the world. I am ready for undiluted joy. Are you?
    With this particular series? always!

Wednesday can't get here soon enough.
    I enjoy comic book adaptations but I'm a comic book fan first and foremost. Not a comic book movie fan.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Multiversity has been one of the only big events in recent memory to really live up to the hype. I wish Morrison would just keep cranking out these one-shots with different artists.
    That being said, I can't wait to have this whole thing in a nice big hardcover.

Amazing Member

Earth-43 Sivana doesn't wear a labcoat. He wears a labcloak.

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

Is this the first time Morrison's written Etrigan?
    Jason Blood had a notable appearance in Morrison's Animal Man, but not in Demon form. Other than that I think Etrigan's been limited to the occasional cameo role.
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

Multiversity has been truly lived up to expectations, looking forward to the grand finale.