Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Aquaman changes after convergence

So are they changing Aquamans appearance to look more like Jason Momoa after convergence or are the changes just going to be to his costume?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

It seems they have gotten rid of the green and gloves and his hair seems to be a inbetween between Arthur's current look and P.D Arthur:

"Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Good. All he needs is a beard, right now.

BANNED

The costume changes have already depressed me. I say they go ahead and use Mamoa's likeness, too (and the textured hair and the stubble is just an indication he's growing a beard). I knew this was going to eventually happen to my favorite DC character. :-/

I am just so tired of seeing all these changes to characters I've followed for so long. Is there any reason DC can't just get a good writer and a good artist and tell good stories? I guess constant upheaval is the new sales strategy.

I've always preferred Aquaman and Hawkman as high - adventure heroes.
    Sort of like a type of Conan or Prince Valiant.
    I feel the same about Namor and Thor over at Marvel.

All it would take is one mini-series by a big name writer and artist to set up the status quo.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    I am just so tired of seeing all these changes to characters I've followed for so long. Is there any reason DC can't just get a good writer and a good artist and tell good stories? I guess constant upheaval is the new sales strategy.
    Change is good, sometimes taking said hero out there comfort zone is a nice change of pace, these won't last but I will take these over typical safe stories anyday of the week!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

I liked his long haired, harpoon handed, shirtless look of the 90s. Doesn't have to bearded and long haired permanently, but it's something he could alternate with. He can still don the scale armor on occasion, like how Diana dresses for war sometimes.

They shouldn't make him look like Momoaman, because he looks like Rob Zombie in the upcoming movie, and has unnecessary Polynesian tattoos(at Momoa's request) that only serve the purpose of saying "haha look what we did to your blonde haired superhero".

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Change is good, sometimes taking said hero out there comfort zone is a nice change of pace, these won't last but I will take these over typical safe stories anyday of the week!
    Agreed. Besides, it's better to shake up the status quo than to keep retelling the same stories over and over again. The only post convergence costume that looks terrible is Flash. Too overdesigned.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I really like Aquaman to look a bit more rugged and less of a pretty boy, so I like that image a lot. I wouldn't make him full Khal Drogo, but he can share a few similarities. Long blonde hair, a bit of scruff. Nothing too intense.

Just keep Mera in the spotlight, don't change anything about her, and keep the stories fun and I'm there.

BANNED

Wish they incorporated the green in some way always big on Aquaman keeping the Orange/Green/Gold combo. Expecting suit to be changed after whatever this arc might be called.

Hoping he gets a beard to.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    SOME change is good, sometimes. Change in and of itself isn't always a good thing. At this point, some stability in the lives of DC's main characters might be nice. Scratch that, it would be nice. Just because a character is dependable doesn't make his series or stories "typical" or "safe".

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I've always preferred Aquaman and Hawkman as high - adventure heroes.
    Sort of like a type of Conan or Prince Valiant.
    I feel the same about Namor and Thor over at Marvel.

All it would take is one mini-series by a big name writer and artist to set up the status quo.
    Yeah, I see them - maybe with Wonder Woman - as heroes who have a decidedly warrior outlook. Geoff Johns was able for a time harness that with Hawkman as "Conan with wings." In the right writers' hands, they could really explore that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I really like Aquaman to look a bit more rugged and less of a pretty boy, so I like that image a lot. I wouldn't make him full Khal Drogo, but he can share a few similarities. Long blonde hair, a bit of scruff. Nothing too intense.

Just keep Mera in the spotlight, don't change anything about her, and keep the stories fun and I'm there.
    They COULD give her a better costume and make her a member of the Justice League
    I certainly wouldn't complain. Given Arthur is always so busy with Atlantean business, it would make so much more sense to have Mera take his place on the team. It's not like she likes being in Atlantis and he could still be a presence in the JL book even without being a regular member.

Incredible Member

I hope not, I like the current look Aquaman has. No need to look like shirtless 90s AquaHobo, who was some Namor-like erszatz.