Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default flash v4 makes no sense

alright so if the new 52 was a start over of the story line that introduced us to flash that only recently recieved his powers then why is it that he already has problems with villians like captain cold and weather wizard? this is supposed to be a new flash that is still learning his powers which they show him learning and yet he already has longtime enemies? it makes no sense. he remembers cold and more imortantly he knows that cold said goodbye to the freeze rays and can now do it all naturally. can someone please explain to me why this new story line has barry facing old time foes and not filling us in as to what happened between them?

Always Rakzo

Captain Cold and the rest of The Rogues fought The Flash before, is just that they have superpowers now so they're harder to defeat.

Is it actually a year one type arc? Because I know at the beginning most the heroes were 5 years into their careers (for some like Batman that just doesn't work in such a compressed timeline).

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    Is it actually a year one type arc? Because I know at the beginning most the heroes were 5 years into their careers (for some like Batman that just doesn't work in such a compressed timeline).
    Nope, The Flash New 52 series starts 5 years into his career, that's why issue 0 tells his story 5 years ago.

Much of the New 52 makes no sense. But, then again, Barry still learning about his powers and abilities several years after first gaining super-speed isn't all that far-fetched.

All-New Member

is it 5 years in but still for a new storyline one would think theyd fill you in as to what actually went down between barry and these villains in this new timeline. is it safe to assume that what happened in the previous versions is the same as whats happened in this new one? if so then why "start over"?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Also, to be fair, doesn't Barry remember the pre-New 52 universe? Editors and retcons be damned.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by icantstandthisindecision View Post
    Also, to be fair, doesn't Barry remember the pre-New 52 universe? Editors and retcons be damned.
    No, he doesn't.

The old Eobard Thawne doesn't even exist anymore.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by fairix View Post
    is it 5 years in but still for a new storyline one would think theyd fill you in as to what actually went down between barry and these villains in this new timeline. is it safe to assume that what happened in the previous versions is the same as whats happened in this new one? if so then why "start over"?
    No, they don't have to fill you in on exactly what happened with Barry and those villains in the new timeline. You just assume he battled them before, possibly in the same way, possibly differently. But the important thing is just knowing that this is not the first time.

Spectacular Member

It's five years into Flash's career so he's had ample time to build a gallery of villains. He's still learning his powers because his powers are complex. They fill in some of The Flash's back story in the zero issue as well as the first annual (which shows a wonderfully old school version of the rouges!).

The Flash V4 was one of those have the cake and eat it too titles in the new 52. A lot of Flash stuff still kind of happened so there's no need to rehash where Captain cold came from but it still starts a fresh for any newbies who may jump on board.

You're best bet is to just keep whatever you want to in your own Flash timeline. Outside of Oracle I can read Batman and make my own timeline and events for the old pre New-52 stories I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post

The old Eobard Thawne doesn't even exist anymore.
    The new Reverse Flash is trash.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    The new Reverse Flash is trash.
    Nah, I think he's pretty cool.

That also allows Dr. Elias to become the new Zoom (although I'm sure that it will be Thawne once again, what a waste).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by officersmile1466 View Post
    It's five years into Flash's career so he's had ample time to build a gallery of villains. He's still learning his powers because his powers are complex. They fill in some of The Flash's back story in the zero issue as well as the first annual (which shows a wonderfully old school version of the rouges!).

The Flash V4 was one of those have the cake and eat it too titles in the new 52. A lot of Flash stuff still kind of happened so there's no need to rehash where Captain cold came from but it still starts a fresh for any newbies who may jump on board.
    i actually am one of those noobies lol this is honestly my first time really reading comic books i didnt have much time befoore i got here to korea. and as a new new reader id like to know why captain cold hates him, whats the deal with weather wizard, and whats up with that heatwave guy? barry says he looks so different. really i just wanna know the backstory to it all. any suggestions as to where a brand new reader like myself should start.

BANNED

i actually am one of those noobies lol this is honestly my first time really reading comic books i didnt have much time befoore i got here to korea. and as a new new reader id like to know why captain cold hates him, whats the deal with weather wizard, and whats up with that heatwave guy? barry says he looks so different. really i just wanna know the backstory to it all. any suggestions as to where a brand new reader like myself should start.
    That's the thing - we don't know the back story either. They haven't defined it yet, specifically.