Spoilers ahead!

spoilers:
    Mister Terrific is introduced, he's a douche

Different superheroes assist to Ollie's funeral

They tease about a big war coming

Roy Harper still calls himself Arsenal but has a new costume

They blame Firestorm for his dead
    end of spoilers

Funny stuff with Mr Terrific sorta becoming the black booster gold now. Yeah Haters are everywhere
    I wonder when Batman(not terry) will show up

BANNED

Mr. Terrific is more like Ozymandias, actually. He's a high-profile capitalist super hero who enjoys his fame and works towards a larger good. He doesn't care much for the little man, which is why he just crashed the funeral of the only hero who ever did.

Man Tr. Terrific became a dick. I'd like to see how that happened (probably just by fame).

I'm wondering if it has something to do with him being stranded on Earth-2 in the present. A horror like that could easily lead to a personality shift, and not necessarily one for the better.

I didn't like this issue as much as the first one, as it's mostly all setup with very little plot advancement. But I like how Firestorm and Mister Terrific are portrayed, and thought Buddy's speech at the funeral was well done, especially for the hints to things that might happen in the current era.

Yeah, I actually found Mr. Terrific and Firestorm(Ronnie) to be interesting characters, in this. A bit unlikeable, sure, but still interesting.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I'm surprised there isn't more love for this issue on here. This series shaping up so much better than I ever imagined. Love where they are going with Mr. T and for once I'm actually interested in Firestorm

This being my first exposure to Mr. Terrific in the New-52 (didn't bother with the awful series) I must ask - has he always been a d'ck, or did something happen in the 5-year gap? Also, isn't he currently stranded on Earth-2?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't more love for this issue on here. This series shaping up so much better than I ever imagined. Love where they are going with Mr. T and for once I'm actually interested in Firestorm
    I think the series is off to a great start. I just wish this issue had a little more action and plot momentum to it. I wish it had some Grifter too.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kalicki View Post
    I think the series is off to a great start. I just wish this issue had a little more action and plot momentum to it. I wish it had some Grifter too.
    The issue did seem short. The two page funeral spread had a lot do with it - but I really liked the easter eggs there. Also wanted to say that Jesus Merino's work looks about 10 times better than I ever remember it.
    Last edited by AlexanderLuthor; 05-14-2014 at 11:39 AM.

The issue did seem short. The two page funeral spread had a lot do with it - but I really liked the easter eggs there. Also wanted to say that Jesus Merino's work looks about 10 times better than I ever remember it.
    Definitely a lot better than Team 7.

Astonishing Member

I was just glad to see Jaime Reyes in the crowd scene, really hoping he has a role in this book - but at least it looks like he wont just be bumped off when Ted Kord comes back in a few months.

Also, was it just me or did Stargirl's costume keep changing? The old "bared midriff" in long shots, full-body in the close-ups?

Anyway, mostly a mood piece - where the funeral scenes and picking on who's around are the most enjoyable bits. Which is no bad thing, and the kind of issue that you can only really get away with on a Weekly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    This being my first exposure to Mr. Terrific in the New-52 (didn't bother with the awful series) I must ask - has he always been a d'ck, or did something happen in the 5-year gap? Also, isn't he currently stranded on Earth-2?
    I assume being a mind puppet forced to work for dark Supes could have that affect.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

- Mr. Terrific's personality surprised me. A lot. I'm starting to think Nu Terry Sloan was kind of an Emperor Palpatine to him.

- Roy's uniform reminds me a lot of the original Arsenal uniform.

- Is the bartender Superman? If so, it's a cute nod - even if unintentional - to the Wildstorm universe.

- Does Black Canary runs the League of Assassins now?