All-New Member

Default Protecting collected editions?

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum as well as to collecting trade paperbacks.
    I have recently started reading and collecting and I'm curious as to what do you guys do to protect/archive your paperbacks?
    From a quick Google search it seems that most of the supplies out there are for individual issues which I know a lot of people bag and board, but what about the collected editions? Are there bags that are suitable for TPB'?
    I'm somewhat of a stickler for condition when it comes to stuff I enjoy collecting so I appreciate and look forward to your suggestions and ideas.

Thanks in advance!

For single issues I use mylar bags and boards from egerber. I don't collect tpb at all and only go hardcover. I put mylar sleeves over the dust jackets and that helps a lot. For tpb you can put them in silver or golden size bags.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    For single issues I use mylar bags and boards from egerber. I don't collect tpb at all and only go hardcover. I put mylar sleeves over the dust jackets and that helps a lot. For tpb you can put them in silver or golden size bags.
    Can the silver/golden bags comfortably fit a 200-300 page book?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-R-Ron View Post
    For big books with many pages I've found that magazine type bags work too, there is extra space but I just simply fold them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated-R-Ron View Post
    If you're reading paperbacks with that many pages, you're probably also dealing with lower quality paper stock, which means you're also going to want to keep them out of direct sunlight. Light can damage, weaken, and discolor even archival stock eventually, but it can happen particularly quickly with pulpy paper.