Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman: Arkham Knight" Announces "Season Pass," "Premium" Editions

The "Season Pass" version of "Arkham Knight" will offer players access to new content for six months after the game's initial release.

Full article here.

I guess I'll just wait for the complete edition in a year then, to much pre-order nonsense in addition to this expensive mystery DLC.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The "Season Pass" version of "Arkham Knight" will offer players access to new content for six months after the game's initial release.

Full article here.

So wait for Game of the year edition huh

Arkham series DLC has either been useless or flat out bad.

But I still hate that feeling you get when you don't have the complete game.

Yep, throw me in with the GOTY crowd. See ya next year Arkham Knight.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklefist View Post

I hate this modern trend of releases and extra stuff later on you have to pay for. I always wait for the GOTY edition. Screw paying all that extra money.

BANNED

The material will include new story missions, supervillains, Batman skins, additional challenge maps and new drivable race tracks.
    I'm at a loss about what story missions they can include since Rocksteady said this will be their final Batman game. Maybe a coda or focus on Nightwing/Robin.

I'd love for them to kill off Bruce Wayne and have Dick as the new Batman. But that won't even happen.

Still.. 40$ season pass. Are they kidding me with this nonsensical pricing?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

What exactly was bad/useless about them? I still play Origins downloadable challenge maps and use all the suits. Before that, it was the same thing for City.

Definitely will be grabbing this a launch, with my new, snazzy, Batman PS4!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

It's 6 months worth of content after the games launch with "new" story missions that are added in the game after the fact. It's not part of the actual game, you aren't "missing" anything from the actual experience, people need to stop assuming that. This is Rocksteady and while yes they are a business , they aren't going to nickle and dime their fans and give them crap DLC for premium dollar. There have been good DLC to come from the Arkham Games like "Harley's Revenge" and "Cold , Cold Heart" which are both a couple hours of story that come after the events of their games . You aren't missing anything if you don't get the premium version of the game

This is hardly a surprise, as it's standard for most blockbuster games these days. It'll get a GOTY within a year or so.

I'm not paying $40 on top of the $100 I'm already paying for the Limited Edition without knowing what I'm getting other than vague descriptions.

I trust Rocksteady so im not against them doing a season pass and DLC. I don't think they're gonna pull a Destiny.

I don't mind the extra cash, Rocksteady deserves my money and not like I'm struggling right now so I don't mind.

The only game I'll ever say that about though.

Yeah, this. The Mr Freeze DLC for Origins and the Harley DLC for City were good, but could easily have been included in the main game. Everything else? Unnecessary, and the approach to the Catwoman DLC in City was absolutely disgusting. Selina's stuff was integral to the story - especially her last part - and to have that as DLC that you would need to pay for if you didn't buy the game new was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    It's 6 months worth of content after the games launch with "new" story missions that are added in the game after the fact.
    They could have been part of the game at launch. Anything story related should be included in the game from day one, and it should have been the same for Harley's Revenge. It's the same for any game that has DLC that's part of the story, like Evil Within and it's two story-based DLC's. They should be part of the game from day one, because they're part of the freaking story.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Did people forget that Harley's Revenge was released nine months after the base game dropped? There was no way you were getting that on the disc on day one. Arkham Origins wasn't Rocksteady so that shouldn't count for anything.