Default Appreciation Sub-Forums

Can we please have the sub-forum back so it doesn't get in the way of threads discussing the actual comic?

We don't have any plans to give appreciation threads sub-forums at this time.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

The X-Forums desperately needs one. It's hard to find normal discussion threads anymore. I mean, it used to have one back in the day, before the relaunch.

BANNED

I think it's not neccesary considering that we don't get much X-men news lately.

BANNED

Default There should be a separate forum for the appreciation threads

It would be the most popular forum on the site, and besides that the threads wouldn't dominate the other forums, where there are people who aren't much interested in reading them.

BANNED

After thinkihg about it more, y not put all appreciation threads eithr dc, marvel, valiant, dark horse, etc in one appreciation threads forum?

That way, it will make the less popular characters be known more like for example if Ghost from Dark HorsePBS shows up on the front page of the thread, then fans of other publishers might be tempted to check her appreciatio\thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    It would be the most popular forum on the site, and besides that the threads wouldn't dominate the other forums, where there are people who aren't much interested in reading them.
    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    After thinkihg about it more, y not put all appreciation threads eithr dc, marvel, valiant, dark horse, etc in one appreciation threads forum?

That way, it will make the less popular characters be known more like for example if Ghost from Dark HorsePBS shows up on the front page of the thread, then fans of other publishers might be tempted to check her appreciatio\thread.
    If the traffic from appreciation threads was maintained after transferring them all to some sort of master appreciation thread forum, I A) can't imagine how we'd moderate a forum like that, and B) what sort of lunatics would actually want/volunteer to moderate a monster like that.

RLAAMJR.'s theory about "less popular characters being known more" doesn't really make a lot of sense, tho'. The more popular characters or more active fan bases of other characters would keep their threads near the top of the forum more often than the less popular. Some appreciation threads would get buried/kicked off the first page pretty fast, I imagine.

An appreciation thread forum is something we've considered in the past, tho'. The biggest issue is, as I've mentioned, the potential traffic monster it could become and finding the right people to oversee that monster. (And before a surge of appreciation thread enthusiasts come forward to tell us they'd do it, please don't. I said that we have considered it, not that we are. For the time being it is most certainly not happening.)
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 12-03-2017 at 02:47 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

I know that the appreciation threads of the more popular characters would always be on the first page but the appreciation threads of the less popular ones can show up on the first page from time to time, therefore posters who usually stay on dc forums or marvel forums would be curious to check those threads

But yes, it could be very challenging for the mods who will be assigned to the appreciation threads forum.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 12-04-2017 at 04:15 AM.

BANNED

I really want other cbr posters to know other characters from other publishers. I really think making a general appreciation forum for all would be great.

If the most popular characters are on the first page, I can post the X (from dark horse pbs) is awesome appreciation thread so the thread will get to the first page and when other posters see it, they might check it.

It's really not practical and I don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules