Default What do you think Batman would be without Joker?

I've often wondered how do you think Batman would cope with the loss of his nemesis? Like if Joker was finally executed for his crimes how big of an affect do you think it would have for Batman? I think it would make for a good elseworlds story at least whether Batman kills Jokers or other wise in said story. I mean we've seen Joker without Batman but never Batman without Joker. I think it would an interesting story line especially if Batman did start to unravel.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Unravel?..Batman would nearly rejoice if the state validly executed him.

There'd be no unravelling and Batman's hard work would go on and villains would take Joker's place.

I don't think it would really be an interesting story to see Batman's life without Joker.

Now if Batman killed Joker, that shouldn't end up good (despite what might happen "in real life").
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 04-28-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

There'd be no unravelling and Batman's hard work would go on and villains would take Joker's place.

I don't think it would really be an interesting story to see Batman's life without Joker.
    Yeah, I don't think it would be very earth shattering, certainly not powerful enough to need it be elseworlds

Incredible Member

Most of Batman, New 52 Verse, already has been without Joker.

The past three years, we've got Penguin / Scarecrow / Poison Ivy / Clayface / Mister Freeze / Bane / Mad Hatter just about every month.

There can always be another six-twelve month long Batman vs Court of Owls or Riddler epic.

And there's Joker's "Daughter" too.

iMan 42s

I think it would be a powerful story for the Joker to finally go out. Like he is finally set to be executed and it is a race against time to bust the Joker out and Batman is the only thing standing between the hordes coming to free a man set to die.

Batman would have to choose if he is willing to let the justice system execute a monster like the Joker or defend the Joker so that lethal injection and whatnot would finally kill him. I think it would be a pretty powerful story exploring Batman's relationship with The Joker and what his full stance on death is considering the state would finally be putting the Joker down.

Still this is DC and someone else will bring him back in less than a year invalidating his death with a cheap return story, and thusly DC will not let the most popular Batman villain go down no matter how good the story is. It wouldn't be Earth shattering but keep in mind the Joker is entering the DC movie universe. They are going to want some synergy and as long as he is popular in comics and film they will keep him around. Batman would certainly change but I think it is unlikely that it would be something that DC would be willing to commit to.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

There would be less problems for Batman.

That depends on how you look at it I think. I started thinking about this while watching The Following and I've always felt there were similarities between Batman and Joker and Ryan Hardy and Joe Carroll. I remember seeing the effect losing Joe had on Ryan Hardy and I think it would be similar but different for Batman because Batman represents Order and Joker represents Chaos metaphorically speaking as some have often speculated. I can imagine without Joker, Batman wouldn't have anyone to focus his anger and issues on and eventually especially with his Batman Inc. he could become a tyrant of sorts similar to Ra's al Ghul. That's why I think it would make a good elseworlds especially if it was "What if Batman killed Joker?"

Now if Batman killed Joker, that shouldn't end up good (despite what might happen "in real life").
    True I think this would be the more ideal turn of events like Joker forcing Batman to kill him like Batman for whatever reason holding a shard of broken glass and Joker pulling it towards him. That would definitely cause an unraveling of some sort for Batman as his no kill code would be violated.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I think it would be a powerful story for the Joker to finally go out. Like he is finally set to be executed and it is a race against time to bust the Joker out and Batman is the only thing standing between the hordes coming to free a man set to die.

Batman would have to choose if he is willing to let the justice system execute a monster like the Joker or defend the Joker so that lethal injection and whatnot would finally kill him. I think it would be a pretty powerful story exploring Batman's relationship with The Joker and what his full stance on death is considering the state would finally be putting the Joker down.

Still this is DC and someone else will bring him back in less than a year invalidating his death with a cheap return story, and thusly DC will not let the most popular Batman villain go down no matter how good the story is. It wouldn't be Earth shattering but keep in mind the Joker is entering the DC movie universe. They are going to want some synergy and as long as he is popular in comics and film they will keep him around. Batman would certainly change but I think it is unlikely that it would be something that DC would be willing to commit to.
    I agree I think it would change Batman to be honest for some reason I think it would be good if something like that did happen Joker got free and Batman ended up killing him. Still your right they'd never commit to a change that's what bothers me about comics they find some way(usually the most absurd revelation or stunt) to "retcon" something instead of letting things play out.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

He'd get a good night's sleep.

That's your elseworlds, BATMAN: THE COMFY NAP.

Incredible Member

Pretty sad, probably.