Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667686970 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1047

More Carlos Meglia hardcovers (this time his last books published in color before he passed away in 2008).
    For those who are not familiar with his work, his art can be found in:
    - Superman / Tarzan: Sons of the Jungle (2001)
    - Superman Infinite City (2006)
    - Star Wars Underworld (2000)
    - Star Wars Tales (1999) #5
    - Spyboy (1999)
    - Wildcats (1999) #7
    - Monster World (2001)
    - Elektra (2001) #19 / #20

and a few more I probably missed.

The hardcovers I was looking for were hard to acquire. (More on that as we go).
    None of these hardcovers are in English (or another language I know), so I have a hard time following the story but the art is magnificent.
    First here is his very last book he worked on (as far as I know): Red Song. The sad part is that it has a 1-star rating on Amazon by someone who praised the art (and the story) but is annoyed that they never put out more books. Well, I guess a creator's death will do that... unfortunately. The image next to it is not a book, but an art print signed and numbered by Meglia I picked up in my quest to complete my collection. It is related to his other Soleil book Canari.

Speaking of Canari... it is his best work ever.
    The art is dynamic and the colors are simply astounding.
    Remember the short-lived Soleil/Marvel collaboration from 2008 - 2011?
    Yeah, they weren't very well presented by Marvel. The Soleil large pages were shrunk to standard comic book size and then they left a 1-inch white space all around it to make the art look even smaller. However, beggars can't be choosers, so I was buying them and hoping Canari will get its turn. Never happened, so I had to look for the French editions before they would disappear from the market and/or get too pricy. Vol 1 was pretty easy to buy. It had a decent price too.

Vol 2 however was a real nightmare to find.
    First I ordered a copy on eBay, which never arrived (got my money back though), then I ordered from a seller who would only sell Vol 1 AND Vol 2 together.
    That got lost, thanks to Covid shipping nightmares. Got my money back again, but I was really losing hope I'll get the book ever. Finally found a copy on Amazon that arrived without problems. This one is in German. Well, I'm more versed in German than French, but still not enough to dive into reading. That being said, I enjoyed the heck out of its art. I'm really sad this great... GREAT artist left us too soon.
    R.I.P. Carlos Meglia

links to my books:
    "TWISTED HOLIDAY HORROR TALES"
    @ comiXology
    @ IndyPlanet
    "Blues Ratz"
    @ Amazon: Spec. BLUE Version Paperback
    @ IndyPlanet: Collected Edition

Had to make an Ollie's run a few days ago, and picked up the following from their bargain selections while I was there...

a GN adaptation of Call of Cthulhu I had never seen before...

Vol. 3 of Ostrander's Suicide Squad...

and the HC of The Twelve

the HC was $6, the others $3 each. Less than I would pay for one standard trade.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Was in Columbus for an appointment at the OSU med center, so took the opportunity to stop in at the Eisner-nominated for best retailer shop the LAughing Ogre to poke my nose around. Great store, excellent selection, wonderful staff. While there, I picked up the following two trades...

Usagi Yojimbo Saga Vol. 9

and the original TMNT series by Eastman and Laird Vol. 2

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Was in Columbus for an appointment at the OSU med center, so took the opportunity to stop in at the Eisner-nominated for best retailer shop the LAughing Ogre to poke my nose around. Great store, excellent selection, wonderful staff. While there, I picked up the following two trades...

Usagi Yojimbo Saga Vol. 9

and the original TMNT series by Eastman and Laird Vol. 2

-M
    I'm still waiting for my copy of The Usagi Yojimbo Saga Book 9 to come in at my LCS.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Went to my first comic con in almost a year and a half, and picked up the following while there...

-M

This massive Doctor Strange volume, that collects Dr Stange's first five years of adventures. I've never bought a comicbook of Doctor Strange, but I love Steve Ditko, so I have big expectations. I have read some of the comicbooks collected in here thank to my brother and I really liked them

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I finally got HoX/PoX, in a mexican edition that it is as close as possible to the US edition.
    I bought the US edition many months ago, but it got lost in shipping, so I got a refund, but I started prioritizing other comics back then, so I didn't look out for it again. Time passed, and yesterday, I decided it was the moment to check out this story arc, which I have huge expectations on. I've really liked the few chapters I have read

Picked this up at Gem City Comic Con last weekend...

Interesting small press book set in the era of and just after the fall of the western Roman Empire.

-M

Went to a local quarterly con yesterday, and one of the dealers was Gem City books who had brought their damaged and dinged bargain stock. Normal trades were $2, normal HC $5, and other special buys ranged from $10-$50 for Masterworks, deluxe editions, omnibus etc.

I don't mind creases and corner dings as I am reading not collecting/displaying, so I stocked up on reading material and art books...

These were all $2 each... filling in Wicked and Divine and Seven to Eternity runs

the oversized deluxe Critical Role Vox Machina Origins HC was only $10

Monstress and Black Monday Murders came form Gem City and were $2 each, the other four (Batman, Kane, Pathfinder, and Plutonia) were from a different dealer and were $5 each

more to come...

-M

Stuff of Legend Omnibus Vol. 1 ($5)

Art of Marvel's Savage Sword of Conan...

A couple of Spirit Archives for $20 each...

more to come...

-M

These were from the dealer with $5 trades... Shanghai Red and Redlands

back to Gem City Books for the 2 volume slipcase edition of the Complete Peanuts covering 1950-1954 for only $15

more to come...

-M

More from Gem CIty Books...

Paper Girls Deluxe Vol. 1 and 2 $5 each

and the MOTU collected mini comics for $10

and Baltimore omnibus vol. 2 for $5

more to come...

-M