Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default Bobby Layne , Denies the Lions Again !

For over 67 years a man has stood vigilant and iron clad in his resolve. Even though he's now upstairs and enjoying his time in the great beyond he refuses to step down from his job. This job has led him to make sure the Detroit Lions never win a championship.

For 67 years he's made sure of it. Of course he gives the team and fans some glimpses possibly of winning , but he only snatches it away at the last second.

So in a special interview I asked Dean Martin , who parties with Layne why his friend keeps doing this. Deano insisted I drink myself an Old Fashioned as we talked through the special device.

"You gotta understand , they did Bobby dirty. And well if anyone does you dirty its only natural you get revenge , ya know. Like that babe I hooked up with in 61. Her husband insulted us during the stage show and well ...my pride told me I had to get with her. I should look her up , up here. I'm sure she's still a looker."

I had to get Dean focused back on Bobby Layne after 10 minutes of discussing all the broads he hooked up with and how the Rat Pack still do Vegas up there.

"Oh yeah he'll never let it go. They traded him and he's an old world guy. You do us wrong and we hold grudges for good."

I finally finished the interview with Deano after a couple more drinks. Knowing I'd get bombed myself if I was gonna find out why Bobby Layne still holds the grudge.

So I spoke with several people who I can't name here (they told me they didn't want their names revealed) but they all told me Layne was like a King in Detroit. He could party and drink , park his vehicle on the streets and do whatever he wanted then.

One guy told me Layne once walked into team meeting , hours late from partying. He threw down money on a table and told his teammates , "I got money here that says we win so lets go drink and f--- " (or something close to it).

So I started to understand why Layne is so mad. Why he won't allow Detroit to win. They took away his kingdom he played in and now....they reap what they sow !

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yeah, we all got the joke in the NFL thread, didn't need it's own thread.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, we all got the joke in the NFL thread, didn't need it's own thread.
    Sir I assure you , Bobby Layne is serious about this.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

I have no idea who this guy is.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I have no idea who this guy is.
    Ok....in serious mode.....

- Detroit used to be a very good NFL team and a brief dynasty in 1950s. They won 3 NFL Championships in a span. Their QB Bobby Layne was a rebel rousing , party guy. Its claimed he'd hit bars nights before games. Stories of him parking on side walks in the city and the cops letting it go is told. As well as coming in hours late to a team meeting and throwing cash down to his team saying lets win , then go drink and --- is one I read online. (no idea how true the last one is...but it fits the legend of Layne)

Along the way the Lions organization grew tired of their hero QB's antics off the field. So after he broke his leg and they had traded for a QB that year they were winning , they would trade an angry Layne away to Pittsburgh.

The story goes Layne cursed the team , saying they would never win a championship in 50 years or never win one ever. But a lot claim this curse story never happened.

What did happen as all the years passed is the organization never had a hero QB like Bobby Layne and has been a dumpster fire at times.