Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1047

I picked up the New Teen Titans Volume 14 TPB today. It's the last volume in the collection.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Recent pick ups (The Norse Mythology is a library borrow, the others were purchases)

Alex Ross' FF: Full Circle
    Jeff Lemire, Matt Kindt & David Rubin's Cosmic Detective (via Kickstarter)
    Might Marvel Masterworks Hulk Vol. 2 (starting with the TTA material)

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My Doctor Doom omnibus arrived last week. It weighs in at 8 pounds and 2001 pages.

Under the book jacket it has a cool printed cover

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    My Doctor Doom omnibus arrived last week. It weighs in at 8 pounds and 2001 pages.

Under the book jacket it has a cool printed cover

What's in it besides the Brubaker mini?

-M

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Sorry, I've not revisited this thread but here is the listing of the contents....

FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #5-6, #39-40, #246-247, #258, #278-279, #350 and #352; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #5; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #20; GIANT-SIZE SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #1-2; SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #13-14; CHAMPIONS (1975) #16; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) #14; UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #145-147; IRON MAN (1968) #149-150; MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #10-12; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: EMPEROR DOOM; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DOCTOR STRANGE AND DOCTOR DOOM — TRIUMPH AND TORMENT; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #67-70 and #500; FANTASTIC FOUR SPECIAL and BOOKS OF DOOM #1-6 — plus material from FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #236, #358 and ANNUAL #2; ASTONISHING TALES (1970) #1-3 and #6-8 and MARVEL DOUBLE-SHOT #2.

It also has various bonus features in the back like variant covers, the parody ads done by Mike Mignola, pin up pages etc.

Sorry, I've not revisited this thread but here is the listing of the contents....

FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #5-6, #39-40, #246-247, #258, #278-279, #350 and #352; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #5; MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #20; GIANT-SIZE SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #1-2; SUPER-VILLAIN TEAM-UP #13-14; CHAMPIONS (1975) #16; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) #14; UNCANNY X-MEN (1981) #145-147; IRON MAN (1968) #149-150; MARVEL SUPER HEROES SECRET WARS #10-12; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: EMPEROR DOOM; MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DOCTOR STRANGE AND DOCTOR DOOM — TRIUMPH AND TORMENT; FANTASTIC FOUR (1998) #67-70 and #500; FANTASTIC FOUR SPECIAL and BOOKS OF DOOM #1-6 — plus material from FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #236, #358 and ANNUAL #2; ASTONISHING TALES (1970) #1-3 and #6-8 and MARVEL DOUBLE-SHOT #2.

It also has various bonus features in the back like variant covers, the parody ads done by Mike Mignola, pin up pages etc.
    Cool. Thanks for the info.

-M

You're welcome!

You're welcome!
    One of the players in my D&D group is a fan of Doom, but doesn't own very many comics at all, so I keep looking out for good collections to recommend to him to give him a good Doom fix. I gifted him a copy of the Marvel Milestone Edition of FF #5 last holiday season, and he usually pics up a print of some sort with Doom featured when we go to cons, but I wanted to find something to give him a good deep dive of Doom reading, and this looks like a good start. The only Doom story that is one of my favorites that isn't listed in there is Avengers #25 with Doom vs. the Kooky Quartet, but that's my classic Avenges bias speaking.

-M

I picked up 3 things today:

Tarzan of the Apes Volume 1
    All-New Firefly Volume 1
    Enola Holmes: Mycroft's Dangerous Game

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Incredible Member

Crisis on Infinite Earths
    Superman: Secret Origins by Geoff Johns
    G.I. Joe Classic Vol 1 by Larry Hama

Just did an Ollie's run and it looks like they got a fresh supply of trade stock. Picked up the following while I was there...

Golden Age Superman Omnibus Vol. 4 and Super Friends Vol. 2.

-M

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Just did an Ollie's run and it looks like they got a fresh supply of trade stock. Picked up the following while I was there...

I'm assuming the Super Friends one reprinted material from the old Super Friends comic book?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm assuming the Super Friends one reprinted material from the old Super Friends comic book?
    yes the last 20 issues of so of that series.

-M

I picked up the OGN hardcover Sapiens Imperium from Humanoids Inc.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

-M
    I could be wrong, but I think 2023 marks the 50th anniversary of the Super Friends TV show.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!