Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    And nothing happened to Tony, Reed, and Pym when their "fake" Thor killed Goliath (pretty sure those experiments were illegal). Tony just chalked it up to being no different than a cop shooting a criminal, despite the fact that a clone/cyborg or a demigod is in no way a officer of the law, and that it was mentally unstable.
    That's a large part of it for the comics. The writers can come up with stuff like the SHRA and Clor and all that but they have very little talent, will or incentive to deal with it once it's brought up. I don't think there is a writer at marvel who can craft a story where consequences are dealt with in a way beyond the redemption mini-arc which is far more focused on making the character commercially viable, not dealing with what they did. Even if they have the talent they don't have the will.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Yup. And, in order to fight for that, he attacked UN-authorized soldiers doing their job after trying to talk over their superior officer on her ship. He then took a hostage, stole an aircraft, and went on the run, rather than... stop being aggressive.

But, well, Mark Millar and Captain America. Millar's Cap would rather join up with the Punisher and support his "freedom" to "punish" than let a woman be in charge while he's in the room and so clearly Captain America.
    I think reactive stories are fun. Heck, vigilantes or rogue cops or whatever are fun in stories. The woman who's had too much. The man who won't back down. I want to see Rambo *$%& up cops. You want to see Django kill almost everyone in that stately house. I want to see Spider-Man swing by and kick a mugger in the head. Because these are fiction. But, it's also nice to see a superhero talk out a problem, submit to authority in the proper situations, pass out cups of coffee after pulling people out of a burning building, or just checking if a building is empty before knocking it over on top of the Hulk.

Viceral, direct, reactionary action has its pleasures, but so does seeing a hero be decent to someone and not act like a total asshat all the time.
    Or maybe the heroes simple should use their powers for mundane utility, and let the government deal with the supervillains.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You are aware that those soldiers, under orders from their superior officer, tried to arrest him for speaking out against a law that wasn't even legal yet? They were going to lock him up (or worse) for saying he wouldn't join them if they started arresting vigilantes.

I'd also like to remind you all that Steve eventually turned himself in whereas Stark and Hill suffered no consequences whatsoever.
    Well, Maria Hill is (or was ?) still in charge of SHIELD to chase the X-men with Hellicarriers full of sentinels ready to deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck911 View Post
    Well the bigger problems you can't do anything about except the standard reactive stuff but the mom turning into flame burning down her apartment building. Kids playing superpower tag and accidentally killing their non powered friend. Those can be prevented, hulk can't. It like saying lets not worry about drug trafficking because they are Nukes around.

Superheroes stories by nature are reactive, They should be way more proactive.
    Well, the Sentinels are proactive way of dealing with the mutants.....................................

Here is difference between your point and my point. Your way assume nothing bad is going to happen. The reason this gone back forth because you guys have always assume the worse government is going abuse power folks because of super hero tropes.

My argument has always assume that government can abuse stuff. It has been about implement a plan does least amount screwing with people life while addressing one the question .

You said i would be assuming Banner that was dangerous before finding that He is actually is dangerous. Well how do you find out if Banner is dangerous? Any plan that allows Hulk to decide whether he should get help or not. Is a bad plan/system.Your plan lets Hulk go off with no system in place to stop him.SHRA has system that never lets Hulk go off or Lets off go off in a control environment. You would want to live a world where Cyclops and Rogue when first use their powers could kill people that's just silly to me.
    Well, the X-men has been fighting for 50 years for the right of not being vivisected by the Government; and anyways, we all know that most of the Marvel Universes are hellholes, and nothing good happens there.

And nothing happened to Tony, Reed, and Pym when their "fake" Thor killed Goliath (pretty sure those experiments were illegal). Tony just chalked it up to being no different than a cop shooting a criminal, despite the fact that a clone/cyborg or a demigod is in no way a officer of the law, and that it was mentally unstable.
    They were the ones that cloned Thor, right ?.
    Last edited by dragonmp93; 05-03-2015 at 11:13 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    They were the ones that cloned Thor, right ?.
    yea, they created him as a weapon against the anti SRA heroes, and as a way to scare them into registering

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't assume nothing will happen, but you can't prosecute and convict someone for something that hasn't happened. Until it actually happens -with criminal conspiracies being the exception- you have no legal or moral right to interfere with someones life. How do you find out if anything or anyone is dangerous? Lock them up before they do anything? Show me in the US constitution where it is ok to do that.
    Just for you adjusted it

How i would do a SHRA

SHRA would create 3 license that a Superhuman could get. It would be completely Voluntary the process of coming forward getting these license.

A-license would be to state your not a danger don't plan to use your power

B-license would be mandatory to use powers in crime fighting capacity in a work industry

C -license would be only mandatory if you plan to fight crime you need one these if you have powers

Nobody is forced to get these licenses and using your powers without one wouldn't get arrested if you don't commit crime or do something dangerous. Completely Voluntary unless plan to use your powers for a non hero job where you can use powers superhuman wielder for example or super hero work. Like i said it is about making superhumans control their powers where they are not a danger to others or themselves

BANNED

Just for you adjusted it

How i would do a SHRA

SHRA would create 3 license that a Superhuman could get. It would be completely Voluntary the process of coming forward getting these license.

A-license would be to state your not a danger don't plan to use your power

B-license would be mandatory to use powers in crime fighting capacity in a work industry

C -license would be only mandatory if you plan to fight crime you need one these if you have powers

Nobody is forced to get these licenses and using your powers without one wouldn't get arrested if you don't commit crime or do something dangerous. Completely Voluntary unless plan to use your powers for a non hero job where you can use powers superhuman wielder for example or super hero work. Like i said it is about making superhumans control their powers where they are not a danger to others or themselves
    The only problem I'd have with with B, I don't quite understand that one. Do you mean that you'd have to get a license if you were strong enough to lift up a car and wanted to use that power to fight crime? Because in that case it looks like you have that covered by C. A would be tricky because if you are just using your power around the house it shouldn't be anyones business, and really would the US government take a persons word that they wouldn't be dangerous? But if it were just voluntary with no loss of civil rights I wouldn't object to it. Then again SHIELD has about as much respect for civil rights as the Hoover run FBI and their view on constitutes illeagal search and seizer as well as unlawful imprisonment is about as bad as you can get.

It's a good start of a framework. I'm not against training and such and I think if you are going to fight crime with your powers then at the very least law enforcement training should be mandatory. Course Spider-Man never bothered with it but he's a bad example. Such as the Fantastic Four never set out to fight crime, it always came down to them being the only ones around when the bad guys showed up. To a historical point though Spider-Man, the FF, Iron Man... I can't think of any of the mu heroes except Captain America who was ever trained and they did ok. Course you will have to come up with a definition of what superpowers are.

BANNED

yea, they created him as a weapon against the anti SRA heroes, and as a way to scare them into registering
    I really would have loved to have seen that meeting.

Tony: Well this is a problem, let's scare them.
    Reed: I got a clone of Thor ready to go.
    Tony: Good idea, I mean sure Cap acts brave and all, but we both know he'll run in terror if Thor shows up in a bad mood.
    Reed: Yea, all those battles where they've never backed down from gods or demons or robots, but if we scare them enough they'll all fall in line. (Laughs)I bet Sue will run away screaming like a little girl.
    Tony: (Laughs) Yea! Just like a woman.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-03-2015 at 04:19 PM.

I love this game and it seemed appropriate.

The unenlightened masses
    They cannot make the judgement call
    Give up free will forever their voices won't be heard at all
    Display obedience
    While never stepping out of line
    And blindly swear allegiance
    Let your country control your mind

(Let your country control your soul)

Live in ignorance
    And purchase your happiness
    When blood and sweat is the real cost
    Thinking ceases, the truth is lost
    Don't you worry
    You'll be told exactly what to do
    I give my people the lives they need
    The righteous will succeed

The fires of greed will burn the weak
    So we'll make freedom obsolete
    Making whole the fabric of society
    Collective consciousness controlled as you will see

MIND CONTROL

Let your country control your soul

That's a large part of it for the comics. The writers can come up with stuff like the SHRA and Clor and all that but they have very little talent, will or incentive to deal with it once it's brought up. I don't think there is a writer at marvel who can craft a story where consequences are dealt with in a way beyond the redemption mini-arc which is far more focused on making the character commercially viable, not dealing with what they did. Even if they have the talent they don't have the will.
    Well, if the consequences are going to be like my country's peace process, then i dont know if it's better what we have than Senator Cyclops.

BANNED

I really would have loved to have seen that meeting.

Tony: Well this is a problem, let's scare them.
    Reed: I got a clone of Thor ready to go.
    Tony: Good idea, I mean sure Cap acts brave and all, but we both know he'll run in terror if Thor shows up in a bad mood.
    Reed: Yea, all those battles where they've never backed down from gods or demons or robots, but if we scare them enough they'll all fall in line. (Laughs)I bet Sue will run away screaming like a little girl.
    Tony: (Laughs) Yea! Just like a woman.
    And you know what makes them creating that clone even more disgusting? Thor was dead at the time. Him and Asgard had been destroyed and gone for years at that point. I mean what sick monster creates a clone of a dead friend and then sicks it on your other friend.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

No one comes off looking good from Civil War. They all act like petulant children. Which, at least the Sally Floyd mini addressed head on. No one faced any consequences, they all acted nonstop unconscionably, and innocent people suffered for it.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

And you know what makes them creating that clone even more disgusting? Thor was dead at the time. Him and Asgard had been destroyed and gone for years at that point. I mean what sick monster creates a clone of a dead friend and then sicks it on your other friend.
    spoilers:
    I guess that this is why FalconCap was checking if Miles, Sam and Kamala were sociopaths.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

No one comes off looking good from Civil War. They all act like petulant children. Which, at least the Sally Floyd mini addressed head on. No one faced any consequences, they all acted nonstop unconscionably, and innocent people suffered for it.
    Bad characterization was one of the worst parts of the story, common sense was the other and Sally came off as a very bad reporter.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-04-2015 at 06:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, if the consequences are going to be like my country's peace process, then i dont know if it's better what we have than Senator Cyclops.
    I think it would be interesting. In the X-men movies Hank is a member of the government. Still the US Government in the mu is so riddled with alien infiltrators, HYDRA, AIM, Maggia agents, secret military clicks with unlimited funding and no oversight (groups that make SHIELD look like the good guys) and so corrupt it's hard to imagine there's more than three good people working in the government at any one time. Anyone trying to do the right thing would be doomed to failure.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-04-2015 at 06:42 AM.

BANNED

Tony Stark, scum of the marvel universe. As he told Jen at the start of cw (and she came off as an idiot throughout most of it) when he's in a struggle he only cares about winning, how is beside the point. Reed of course just likes to play with toys.

Yup. And, in order to fight for that, he attacked UN-authorized soldiers doing their job after trying to talk over their superior officer on her ship. He then took a hostage, stole an aircraft, and went on the run, rather than... stop being aggressive.

But, well, Mark Millar and Captain America. Millar's Cap would rather join up with the Punisher and support his "freedom" to "punish" than let a woman be in charge while he's in the room and so clearly Captain America.
    No, he defended himself from an unprovoked attack. He was defensive, not aggressive, he was not subject to Hill's orders, and the SHRA was not a law yet.