Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default In Terms of DC "Time," how long did Forever Evil take place?

The passage of time in comic books doesn't always mean much, but do we have an idea of how long the events of Forever Evil took place in terms of DC's time? Are we looking at something that took place over a matter of weeks/months? I wasn't sure if it was stated in any of the books.

A day or two at most. When I read it in a single sitting, there didn't seem to be a lot of chance for long periods of time to go by. A lot of the Justice League tie-ins are flashbacks, and Cyborg and the Metal Men probably took a few hours to be remade, but the main mini flows on from one event to the next. Arkham War (the only other tie-in I read) also feels like it happened in one night.

Sure? Because if u read Forever Evil: Blight it's stated in the ongoings that happened few weeks...

BANNED

Yeah, I think more like a couple of weeks. What we don't generally see, I think, is things like the Luthor/Batman group saying "OK, it's getting late. Let's find someplace to bed down for the night." We just see them moving from major thing to major thing.

I guess it's a bit like the fact that super-heroes probably go to the bathroom, you just don't see it.

Seemed like a week and half or so to me.. 2 weeks.

Amazing Member

Two day or so...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    A day or two at most.
    I would have thought longer. More like a week or 2. But that pic says otherwise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    Two day or so...
    Which issue is that from?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Which issue is that from?
    Forever Evil #5 .

Fantastic Member

Does someone like Black Adam have an advanced healing factor (for lack of a better term)? I guess I assumed he did, so a shorter timeframe might explain why it didn't heal on it's own.

That was one of the things that really bothered me about this event. things like Lex's caption up there indicated it happened over the span of a few days, but the logistics of that just can't work, and some parts of the story made it seem like it was taking place over weeks, if not months.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    That was one of the things that really bothered me about this event. things like Lex's caption up there indicated it happened over the span of a few days, but the logistics of that just can't work, and some parts of the story made it seem like it was taking place over weeks, if not months.
    Not arguing because I assume that's true, but do you have any examples off the top of your head. I'm trying to think of some and I'm drawing a blank

I am counting side books like ARGUS as well as the core series. Like, Steve Trevor is a normal dude, all planes are grounded, most cars are not functioning, those that are have roads blocked by bricked cars. Yet he makes a long journey in a couple days? How did the Syndicate get ALL those villains from all over the country gathered at the Watchtower so quickly? Not all of them can fly or have super speed or whatever. How did Gotham get divided up between all the villains so quickly? A lot of this stuff just doesn't make sense if you''re working with a few days max.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Not arguing because I assume that's true, but do you have any examples off the top of your head. I'm trying to think of some and I'm drawing a blank
    I was thinking about it as well. The things I thought about were related to how quickly both the army and Lex mobilized...but that's sort of what, the army in particular, is supposed to do. In addition, a lot of the damage was done by Johnny Quick, and time doesn't mean quite as much for him.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I am counting side books like ARGUS as well as the core series. Like, Steve Trevor is a normal dude, all planes are grounded, most cars are not functioning, those that are have roads blocked by bricked cars. Yet he makes a long journey in a couple days? How did the Syndicate get ALL those villains from all over the country gathered at the Watchtower so quickly? Not all of them can fly or have super speed or whatever. How did Gotham get divided up between all the villains so quickly? A lot of this stuff just doesn't make sense if you''re working with a few days max.
    Better things than I came up with!

For the villains, did they all get coins and have to make it there on their own, or did they have something like Argus, where Grid was able to bring them in (which I think he did with the group going after Killer Frost/Trevor)