Spectacular Member

Default Evas 00, 01, and 02 vs. Mewtwo

Mewtwo is dropped into the universe of Neon Genesis Evangelion and is told that he can only escape if he prevents Instrumentality from occurring. To do this, Mewtwo must not only destroy the Evas but also Adam and Lilith in Terminal Dogma.

NERV detects Mewtwo and they think that Mewtwo is an angel. NERV sends out the Evangelions to deal with Mewtwo.

Can Mewtwo defeat NERV and prevent Instrumentality?

This is animé Mewtwo from the First Movie and Mewtwo Returns.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Isn't he capable of mindfucking someone? He definitely can control the weather, and the EVAs will have a hard time striking such a small and mobile target.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Isn't he capable of mindfucking someone? He definitely can control the weather, and the EVAs will have a hard time striking such a small and mobile target.
    Movie/Anime Mewtwo seems to be pretty hard to beat in Rumbles. He could end up being the next Elsa!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by King of Asgard View Post
    Movie/Anime Mewtwo seems to be pretty hard to beat in Rumbles. He could end up being the next Elsa!!
    Who is Elsa?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Could Mewtwo teleport?

Because that would make his life a lot easier. While the Evas might have trouble targetting him directly, they could just throw an AT field in his direction and that would do.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Could Mewtwo teleport?

Because that would make his life a lot easier. While the Evas might have trouble targetting him directly, they could just throw an AT field in his direction and that would do.
    OTOH, AT Fields don't stop telepathy. Hell, since they're kinda the boundary of the psyche/soul of mentally fragile teens (not as redundant as it sounds, in this case) Psychic attacks are probably super effective.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    OTOH, AT Fields don't stop telepathy. Hell, since they're kinda the boundary of the psyche/soul of mentally fragile teens (not as redundant as it sounds, in this case) Psychic attacks are probably super effective.
    Eh, I'm not so sure though. An Eva really rocking out with it's AT field means you can kiss that section of the countryside goodbye. If one of the three Evas can just get a wave shot off then Mewtwo is a stain.

Also, psychically taking out the pilot doesn't necessarily shut the Eva down. It could prompt Unit 01 to go berserk, heck, the Black Hole Shadow Angel tried to shut Shinji down by trapping him in it's pocket dimension and psychically tearing him apart. Shinji freaked out and Unit 01 tore it's way out of the pocket dimension.

I'm not saying Mewtwo can't win but his best bet is teleporting into the machines and killing the teens and then getting the hell out of dodge again.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Eva 01 going berserk usually involves Shinji getting KO'd, or absorbed, or something on those lines. Being reduced to a screaming/sobbing heap ala' Asuka vs. the Mind Rape Angel isn't necessarily enough to do it.

As for the Sea of Dirac incident, that wasn't the Angel psychically tearing him apart, that was Shinji being absorbed by Unit 01, Synching up to 400%, breaking out in a Berserk mode, and then metaphorically deciding whether or not to stay absorbed, IIRC.

Worst case scenario, I guess MewTwo could just make it so they attack each other, stays out of their way, and waits until they black out from hunger or exhaustion. Was MewTwo capable of putting people to Sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Eva 01 going berserk usually involves Shinji getting KO'd, or absorbed, or something on those lines. Being reduced to a screaming/sobbing heap ala' Asuka vs. the Mind Rape Angel isn't necessarily enough to do it.

As for the Sea of Dirac incident, that wasn't the Angel psychically tearing him apart, that was Shinji being absorbed by Unit 01, Synching up to 400%, breaking out in a Berserk mode, and then metaphorically deciding whether or not to stay absorbed, IIRC.

Worst case scenario, I guess MewTwo could just make it so they attack each other, stays out of their way, and waits until they black out from hunger or exhaustion. Was MewTwo capable of putting people to Sleep?
    You got the two Angel encounters a bit mixed up, Shinji never reached 400% until the incident with the Twelfth Angel, Zeruel. That was after his dad forced him to maim Touji via Dummy Plug System and he subsequently quit Nerv. The Angel, Leliel, was psychically attempting to break him down after absorbing him into the Sea of Dirac by taking on the form of his child self in his subconscious. He didn't give in, but by that point, LCL purification broke down and his life-support was nearly depleted. Before he passed out, his mother appeared, and reactivated Unit-01.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melab View Post
    Who is Elsa?
    The main character in the "Frozen" movie. She has ice-controlling powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Melab View Post
    Who is Elsa?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Y'all just need to let it go already
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan