Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I give him some leeway on that front because of that fact, but it's still kinda skeevy how he keeps dating girls not too much older than some of his daughter figures. Like that scene in The Wolverine where he and Mariko make pillow talk about what how her grandfather (who is himself young enough to be Logan's grandchild much like Marvel's sliding modern timescale combined with Logan's childhood being in the late 1800's means that Aunt May is also at least grandchild material) used to tell her bedtime stories about him.

But at least he isn't Dr. Octopus. OTOH, Ultimate Wolverine also hijacked Peter's body for awhile and tried to make it with his underaged (depending on the jurisdiction) girlfriend, but Ultimate Logan was a mega-douche.
    Ultimate Cap was worse. And Ultimate Reed was King Douchebag.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I give him some leeway on that front because of that fact, but it's still kinda skeevy how he keeps dating girls not too much older than some of his daughter figures. Like that scene in The Wolverine where he and Mariko make pillow talk about what how her grandfather (who is himself young enough to be Logan's grandchild much like Marvel's sliding modern timescale combined with Logan's childhood being in the late 1800's means that Aunt May is also at least grandchild material) used to tell her bedtime stories about him.
    What are the non-skeevy options?

If he were to marry Mariko he'd have to watch as she becomes an old lady and dies, just like her grandfather. Then the next one, and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Since you partially mentioned him, Red Hulk should never have been conceived as a viable concept for a character. He makes Wolverine's Jobber Aura look downright paltry.
    Good news:
    Doc Green has depowered Ross.

Red Hulk is no more!

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    What are the non-skeevy options?

If he were to marry Mariko he'd have to watch as she becomes an old lady and dies, just like her grandfather. Then the next one, and the next.
    I've never had a problem with Logan dating younger women; my main issue was him trying to get with a woman who was already committed. I mean, he's what, two-hundred years old? It's not like there are a lot of similarly immortal chicks for him to hook up with. Well, not ones that he would have much chemistry with.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Pell in One Piece. Him surviving is of the things that the entire fan base of franchise agrees was a misstep on Oda's part.
    Oh wow, I think I blocked this from my memory. To this day one of the very few things I've completely disliked in One Piece. There was absolutely no point in him living, and it cheapened his sacrifice. He wasn't even a developed enough character to make us happy he lived. Though watch Oda somehow make Pell's survival relevant and awesome in like 200 chapters from now.

Others

Frieza
    Captain Marvel (marvel version, the guy...or was that a skrull. In any case it was stupid)
    Jean Grey
    Norman Osborne
    Kakashi (that whole arc made me cringe)

Incredible Member

The Osborns - they concluded their natural run long before I was even born, now they're just one more lingering complication in a sea of growing Goblins who could literally be replaced by anybody.

Aunt May - she died, why bring her back at all? nothing spectacular about her to warrant bringer her back since it's not like she brings anything to the table to begin with, her death both allowed Peter some much needed growth as a character and was something that could actually be considered relate-able with just about every reader.

Jean Grey - arguably the cause of most of the infighting between the X-Men even after all this time, she causes problems every time she pops up. Even her young self causes more problems then she solves. Really just tired of seeing her and having everyone, both at Marvel and readers, act like she's the greatest thing to ever happen to the mutants. the Phoenix is essentially another type of symbiote that can literally bond with anybody, just like Captain Universe and the Uni-Force and Star Brand.

Steve Rogers - I'm still pissed about that little stunt he pulled at the end of Civil War. He's a traitor and he deserved to get shot.

Thaddeus Ross - the whole reason he was chasing Banner was so he could learn how to replicate the accident that turned him into the Hulk, he should have never become Red Hulk to begin with.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2015 at 11:13 PM.