Super Moderator

Default Pipeline - Apr 28, 2015

Augie finishes up his epic re-read of "All Star Batman," and looks at what might have been.

Full article here.

You are not alone! As the detracters stopped buying, those that continued have gone to appreciate it more. Esp the late comers who tried the collected edition.

Its Jim Lees best art ever too.

Why wont jim finish it? Is there a rift between him and Miller? Miller say something about his art?

How bout scott williams to draw and ink it?

ASBaR is one of the most batsh*t (no pun), insane, over-the-top superhero comic put out there by the Big 2...in the absolute best way possible. It's a Batman comic that refuses to take itself seriously, which is partly why people reacted to it the way they did.

While I hate that it won't be finished, due in a large part to people's negative reaction to it I'm sure, I do love the fact that I can go to conventions and pick up issues from vendors for cheap because everyone else refuses to read it.

Thanks for covering this book over the last few months, I know I've enjoyed reading.

When ASBaR came out I stopped reading monthly titles and only read them when DC had a digital sale. Of course I knew back then I need to have the series, because something that gets so much negative reaction has to be good.
    Why readers are so in tears over it is still beyond me as it features a Batman much more realistic than most other depictions. Miller being Miller and Lee firing on all cylinders made for such a great combo. Sadly they cave in before a decent ending.

One of the best Batman storylines, but what do I know, I still love the 90s

I don't love 90's Image and don't rate Jim Lee in the slightest - but even I find his art quite agreeable on ASBARtBW. It's easily his best work.

And the story is great. I really hope it gets finished one day.