Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I just want another Waid+Rucka+Johns+Morrrisson DCnU 52 weekly series again. Each and every weekly from DC/Marvel has failed to match up to it.

I'm already dreading how long this is going to last. Sure, wars go on for a long time and drag out, but battles are quick and messy things. This is a battle. Apokolypse is making an incursion that will have to be stopped. The longer it drags on the more likely it is that everyone without powers dies (like Earth-2). The only way to do this without making Earth-0 a ghost town is to get it over quick. But we've already had one reference to Convergence so nothing is happening for at least two more months.

Oh, and seriously? A collapsing Multiverse story the month before "Time Runs Out" at Marvel, and both a Braniac and a Metron/Anti-Monitor story the week that "Age of Ultron" comes out? Stop trying to outdo the other company, and just make your own stories.
    Last edited by Conway; 05-02-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    I'm already dreading how long this is going to last. Sure, wars go on for a long time and drag out, but battles are quick and messy things. This is a battle. Apokolypse is making an incursion that will have to be stopped. The longer it drags on the more likely it is that everyone without powers dies (like Earth-2). The only way to do this without making Earth-0 a ghost town is to get it over quick. But we've already had one reference to Convergence so nothing is happening for at least two more months.

Oh, and seriously? A collapsing Multiverse story the month before "Time Runs Out" at Marvel, and both a Braniac and a Metron/Anti-Monitor story the week that "Age of Ultron" comes out? Stop trying to outdo the other company, and just make your own stories.
    DARKSEID WAR has been more than a year in the planning, and so has CONVERGENCE (originally titled BLOOD MOON). Surely, you're not laboring under the assumption that DC only very recently began planning these stories.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I would go as far as to say DS War was being planned since the first arc "Origins".
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I would go as far as to say DS War was being planned since the first arc "Origins".
    I would too. It's seems Darkseid war has LONG been in the making.

It is TERRIBLE that there was absolutely no JL in this. And Convergence has been a HUGE disappointment so far. In spite of that preamble, this was an interesting tale and exposition on how Metron fits in the nu52. Anti-monitor backstory bits and real name connection to him was neat. The whole issue of good art and smileworthy memory lane tripping kept me engaged til the end despite having so many pages of no action and flashback rehashing.

Mighty Member

This was one of the better Johns issues I have read in a while. His JLA has been entertaining. Can't wait for next issue.

All-New Member

Darkseid War is going to be sick. I wonder if there will even be a JL once it all ends.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    It probably alters the Orion/Scott story considerably, since we know Orion was pro-Darkseid before the switch, and he didn't turn out so bad. I wonder what that means for Scott Free?
    Yeah, I thought that was one of the most interesting parts of the issue, seeing Orion actually planning to take down the New Gods but then ending up as completely loyal to Highfather as he is in the present day. Scott would probably have been the inverse if he hadn't escaped and had Barda.

I wonder if Johns might show the first time Scott and Barda met on Apokolips, and they're falling in love?

Quote Originally Posted by akmal154 View Post
    Darkseid War is going to be sick. I wonder if there will even be a JL once it all ends.
    We'll be lucky if there's anything left after a war between two figures like Darkseid and Anti-Monitor!!
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    We'll be lucky if there's anything left after a war between two figures like Darkseid and Anti-Monitor!!
    I wonder if the heroes will adopt at "let barbarians fight barbarians" tactic on Darkseid and Anti-Monitor.

Fantastic Member

Darkseid vs Anti-Monitor
    image.jpg
    Bahahahahah

For Darkseid vs Mobius, maybe the JL will make some money by selling pay per view.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    For Darkseid vs Mobius, maybe the JL will make some money by selling pay per view.
    "We do not responsabilize ourselves for damage caused by RETINA-SEARING high energy beams"

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    It should be better than Mayweather vs. Pacquiao was last night.