Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Spider-Man vs The Abomination

Do you guys feel that the Abomination should be part of Spider-Man rogue galleries whereby he knows Spidey is Peter Parker in connection with his parents and wants to see him DEAD?

Nah. Abomination is a hulk villain.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

No, the strength difference is too much. Now maybe Captain Universe could fight the Abomination.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

What makes Abomination particularly interesting as a potential Spider-Man foe?

Why would he have anything to do with Peter's parents?

Why would that matter?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Do you guys feel that the Abomination should be part of Spider-Man rogue galleries whereby he knows Spidey is Peter Parker in connection with his parents and wants to see him DEAD?
    Uh, . . . no. Why?

Mighty Member

Why don't they just date?
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

How would knowing petes dead parents tell you that he's Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    How would knowing petes dead parents tell you that he's Spider-Man?
    Maybe he saw the second Garfield movie?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What makes Abomination particularly interesting as a potential Spider-Man foe?

Why would he have anything to do with Peter's parents?

Why would that matter?
    The Abomination's interest in Spider-Man goes all the way back to him father, Richard Parker who Emil felt was responsible for his family's death. Also, Emil might have had a personal connection to The Rhino, The Chameleon, and Dr. Miles Warren respectively. Whose to say that he was not responsible for tampering with the Goblin Formula that caused both Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn to go insane in the first place? His role in Spider-Man's world could be used to explain lot of loose ends and unresolved story plotlines to Spider-Man's history as well as Peter Parker. My take on the Abomination is that his hatred for Peter Parker/Spider-Man is far legitimate than his grudge for the Hulk. To Emil, Peter Parker is the true Abomination due to the fact that he's the son of a man who took the live of his loved ones. Thus, Peter's bloodline carries the burden of his father's guilt, which is known as The Sins of the Father.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-28-2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The Abomination's interest in Spider-Man goes all the way back to him father, Richard Parker who Emil felt was responsible for his family's death. Also, Emil might have had a personal connection to The Rhino, The Chameleon, and Dr. Miles Warren respectively. Whose to say that he was not responsible for tampering with the Goblin Formula that caused both Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn to go insane in the first place? His role in Spider-Man's world could be used to explain lot of loose ends and unresolved story plotlines to Spider-Man's history as well as Peter Parker. My take on the Abomination is that his hatred for Peter Parker/Spider-Man is far legitimate than his grudge for the Hulk. To Emil, Peter Parker is the true Abomination due to the fact that he's the son of a man who took the live of his loved ones. Thus, Peter's bloodline carries the burden of his father's guilt, which is known as The Sins of the Father.
    Yeah....

Nah

Astonishing Member

BANNED

You can't argue with an action figure two-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe he saw the second Garfield movie?
    "A Tail of Two Kitties?" What does that have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    "A Tail of Two Kitties?" What does that have to do with anything?
    Oh god I'm dying

Astonishing Member

Sometimes, things need to be mixed up once in a while to form new story branches.