Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    God, I know, right? That sort of logic drives me nuts. It's whywe got horrible Black Panther/Storm stories. They're both AFRICAN, y'see, so CLEARLY they should have a thing, RIGHT?

Uugggh. xD

Seriously, though. The constant need to weave everyone into the same web by connecting them to each ther's past or what have you is TERRIBLE for the books and the setting.
    At least Black Panther and Storm had a back-up story from Marvel Team-Up by Claremont and Byrne.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    At least Black Panther and Storm had a back-up story from Marvel Team-Up by Claremont and Byrne.
    captain america and spidey have teamed up multiple times but i don’t hear wedding bells in their future.

and cheers to tendrin for reminding of another groan-worthy moment (though if i remember correctly, it was a political marriage in earth x).

BANNED

Spiderman would get flattened by Abomination. Heck, why not just match up Spiderman against Surter or Ulik or the frost Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Spiderman would get flattened by Abomination. Heck, why not just match up Spiderman against Surter or Ulik or the frost Giants?
    or juggernaut? or firelord?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    or juggernaut? or firelord?
    Because it's cool, it's okay for people like Cap and Deadpool to fight big timers like Thanos and Ultron, but when it's Spiderman, it's ridiculous?

BANNED

No. Kingpin's the only rogue gallery villain he should share with others. Blonsky would be out of place in Spidey's world

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Seriously, though. The constant need to weave everyone into the same web by connecting them to each ther's past or what have you is TERRIBLE for the books and the setting.
    That's Julia Carpenter's job to see how the web of life weaves Spider-Man with everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Because it's cool, it's okay for people like Cap and Deadpool to fight big timers like Thanos and Ultron, but when it's Spiderman, it's ridiculous?
    No, not that. Doing it once isn't remarkable, but making Blonsky a recurring villain without a retcon to explain a heretofore unknown link between him and Spidey is what's being questioned.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I think boots purposely referenced two well-regarded stories with his post.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

iMan 42s

Spiderman admittedly could fight abomination. At the end of the day though the suggested reason is just weird.

A way this could possibly work is if Abomination just happend to be a henchmen of the real villain but I just don't see Blonsky having anything to do with this make any sense.

Also he's fought juggernaut and firelord and won. But if I wrote Prowler versus she hulk it doesn't invalidate Prowler from winning but it would be weird seeing as the two characters just don't interact with each other under any other circumstance. It would be like a Ghost rider villain showing up in spider-man's world and what sense would that make?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Save the idea for fanfiction . . . Spidey definitely doesn't need to poach old-time villains from other characters.

BANNED

To be fair toward Darthfury, this IS a shared universe. You can have the X-Men fighting Hydra. Just not on a completely regular basis. No reason Spidey couldn't fight Abomination. Probably don't gotta link him to Peter's past to accomplish it, though. They can run afoul of each other and one of them mention the Hulk being absent.

BANNED

Spider-Man would fight Abomination because it would draw She-Hulk into a scenario where she would want to Abomination. However, She-Hulk would lose, prompting her to "realize" that her powers as the She-Hulk would not be enough, leading her to give up any sense of value she could have had, instead choosing to stay as "Jennifer Walters(Human form)". Out of gratitude towards Peter helping her defeat, if not outright saving her from Abomination, "Jennifer Walters(Human form)" chooses to be a legal aid for Peter. And thus, Peter and Mary Jane recruit Jennifer's help in finding a loophole in Mephisto's contract, allowing the deal in One More Day to be rendered null and void and oh wait I'm sorry I forgot whose fanfics we were talking about for a moment there.

Because Spider-Man is about "youth". How could fighting Abomination possibly contribute to that theme? All enemies of Spider-Man must relate to his youth! Like the symbiotes, Morlun, or the Jackal.
    Last edited by Phantom Roxas; 04-30-2015 at 07:36 AM.

I hadn't really considered how the Abomination would represent a challenge to Spidey. It's like fighting the Hulk, but without the morals (and without editors having to worry about what's going on in the Hulk's book) and with greater tactical skill.

Any connection to Peter's parents would be unnecessary. All that's needed for a fight is for the Abomination to have a reason to be a supervillain.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Nobody is strong enough to take on Thanos or Ultron by themselves. Cap's shield provides much better protection though. It's all ridiculous because Spidey isn't nearly strong enough to take on A-bomb.

I wouldn't mind seeing Spidey fight the Abomination. He has already beaten a gamma radiated monster before in JMS's run, "Digger." In that story Spidey related to MJ that he had already came up with contingency plans should he ever have to fight the Hulk, so Spidey could beat Emil through brains not brawn. (Granted, those contingency plans were conveniently "forgotten" during World War Hulk.)

But like many, MANY, others have stated, there is no reason to connect Emil to Peter's past. Juggernaut is often included in the occasional art piece of "Spidey rogues" (For example the cover of ASM #647, "Origin of the Species") due to a great Roger Stern story. Just tell a compelling tale where the two run afoul of each other and develop a mutual level of animosity. You don't need a retconned shared backstory. Just like you don't need Spidey to be blood related to Taskmaster to battle him, or a cousin of Scott Summers to team up with him, etc.