Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Sometimes, things need to be mixed up once in a while to form new story branches.
    That's pretty much what they said before OMD and Original Sin... Thanks, but I'd rather not have another recent retcon of that magnitude.
    "Tell me there's something better. Go ahead, try."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    That's pretty much what they said before OMD and Original Sin... Thanks, but I'd rather not have another recent retcon of that magnitude.
    fighting the abomination would hardly be a retcon of any magnitude.

i'll bite. it could be fun to see peter go up against a raging abomination as a one off. juggernaut and firelord are classic mismatches and this could be too, with peter using science to defeat jablonski.

but there is no compelling reason to make him a bigger part of spidey's world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post

i'll bite. it could be fun to see peter go up against a raging abomination as a one off. juggernaut and firelord are classic mismatches and this could be too, with peter using science to defeat jablonski.

but there is no compelling reason to make him a bigger part of spidey's world.
    There are plenty of reasons for the Abomination to play a bigger part of Spider-Man's world as a writer could reveal a side to the character that we have not seen before. And it provides an addition dimension to the Spider-Man mythos. Besides that, Emil's espionage side rarely gets addressed in the pages of the Hulk. Perhaps that side to his persona can be addressed in the pages of Spider-Man in a way that it resolves a lot of loose ends to several Spider-Man stories and cliffhangers..

I'm wasn't referring to him fighting Abomination in general but connecting Blonski to Richard and Mary Parker and him finding out about Spidey's secret identity. If the ASM movies have taught us anything, it's that it's a huge mistake to overblow the importance of Peter's parents.

There are plenty of reasons for the Abomination to play a bigger part of Spider-Man's world as a writer could reveal a side to the character that we have not seen before. And it provides an addition dimension to the Spider-Man mythos. Besides that, Emil's espionage side rarely gets addressed....
    sorry. i meant to say there are no good reasons.

iMan 42s

I am so tempted to start a fun thread based off this like you have no idea.

Spiderman vs Abomination? Spidey could stagger the Hulk but keep in mind the Hulk got substantially more powerful since and as such spider-man couldn't handle Abomination on his own. If he needs help fighting Vermin I honestly doubt he could take Abomination.

It's not like I couldn't see the fight happen but the connection to Peter's parents just doesn't work and seems contrived simply to bring in a Hulk villain. Peter fights monsters all the time sure but they need some sort of connection to him for it to work.

I could write a story where Black Cat fights Thanos on Xandar in the cancerverse. Doesn't mean it makes any sense.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I could write a story where Black Cat fights Thanos on Xandar in the cancerverse. Doesn't mean it makes any sense.
    That doesn't sound too out there if you consider that Thanos is probably a better guy than our current version of the Black Cat. :P

The Abomination's interest in Spider-Man goes all the way back to him father, Richard Parker who Emil felt was responsible for his family's death. Also, Emil might have had a personal connection to The Rhino, The Chameleon, and Dr. Miles Warren respectively. Whose to say that he was not responsible for tampering with the Goblin Formula that caused both Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn to go insane in the first place? His role in Spider-Man's world could be used to explain lot of loose ends and unresolved story plotlines to Spider-Man's history as well as Peter Parker. My take on the Abomination is that his hatred for Peter Parker/Spider-Man is far legitimate than his grudge for the Hulk. To Emil, Peter Parker is the true Abomination due to the fact that he's the son of a man who took the live of his loved ones. Thus, Peter's bloodline carries the burden of his father's guilt, which is known as The Sins of the Father.
    Has it been established in a past story that Emil has any connection to Richard Parker?

How could Emil have links to Miles Warren?

Emil and Rhino are both Russian, but the Rhino was a nobody before he got his powers. Why would Emil know him?

Why would Emil know about/ tamper with the Osborn formula?

How is a grudge against someone because of what their parents did in any way legitimate?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    You can't argue with an action figure two-pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    "A Tail of Two Kitties?" What does that have to do with anything?
    Best... Posts in the thread.

The Abomination's interest in Spider-Man goes all the way back to him father, Richard Parker who Emil felt was responsible for his family's death. Also, Emil might have had a personal connection to The Rhino, The Chameleon, and Dr. Miles Warren respectively. Whose to say that he was not responsible for tampering with the Goblin Formula that caused both Norman Osborn and Harry Osborn to go insane in the first place? His role in Spider-Man's world could be used to explain lot of loose ends and unresolved story plotlines to Spider-Man's history as well as Peter Parker. My take on the Abomination is that his hatred for Peter Parker/Spider-Man is far legitimate than his grudge for the Hulk. To Emil, Peter Parker is the true Abomination due to the fact that he's the son of a man who took the live of his loved ones. Thus, Peter's bloodline carries the burden of his father's guilt, which is known as The Sins of the Father.
    And, yeah . . . maybe Abomination and Mephisto are old high school buddies who got drunk one night and made this silly bet about Mephisto tricking Peter into undoing Peter and MJ's marriage because Abomination has the hots for MJ . . . yeah, that would work!

Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I'm wasn't referring to him fighting Abomination in general but connecting Blonski to Richard and Mary Parker and him finding out about Spidey's secret identity. If the ASM movies have taught us anything, it's that it's a huge mistake to overblow the importance of Peter's parents.
    soz. admittedly i skipped the whole abomination/spiderman conspiracy theory so i read your post out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post

It's not like I couldn't see the fight happen but the connection to Peter's parents just doesn't work and seems contrived simply to bring in a Hulk villain. Peter fights monsters all the time sure but they need some sort of connection to him for it to work.
    contrived is right. we can have two super powered scientists in the universe that aren’t somehow involved with each other. we can have ex-members of the cia that don’t have any prior relationships. the world is big enough for that. giving everyone all these forced connections and relationships makes the marvel universe seem small.

and a tad inbred.

would we make it so that every asian character in the marvel universe had a shared history? that would be as bad as sandman and osborne being related because of their hair. or every wolf themed character being part of some sort of lupine sub race of mutants. silliness.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sometimes, things need to be mixed up once in a while to form new story branches.
    And that can work brilliantly for a one-off.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    And that can work brilliantly for a one-off.
    Why, Peter has the versatility and the brains to have a recurring villian in Abomination. He's fought Jauggeruant with brains, he's fought the electro and carange with brains. It's under selling Spidey as a list hero of his reputation when he's more than capable of taking on people under the cosmic level and hulk/thor level.

contrived is right. we can have two super powered scientists in the universe that aren’t somehow involved with each other. we can have ex-members of the cia that don’t have any prior relationships. the world is big enough for that. giving everyone all these forced connections and relationships makes the marvel universe seem small.

and a tad inbred.

would we make it so that every asian character in the marvel universe had a shared history? that would be as bad as sandman and osborne being related because of their hair. or every wolf themed character being part of some sort of lupine sub race of mutants. silliness.
    God, I know, right? That sort of logic drives me nuts. It's whywe got horrible Black Panther/Storm stories. They're both AFRICAN, y'see, so CLEARLY they should have a thing, RIGHT?

Uugggh. xD

Seriously, though. The constant need to weave everyone into the same web by connecting them to each ther's past or what have you is TERRIBLE for the books and the setting.