Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Before Slott leaves, I really hope he has one more Paper Doll story in him. I would love, for instance, for her to come back and be obsessed with Spider-Man. Maybe they could team up!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Before Slott leaves, I really hope he has one more Paper Doll story in him. I would love, for instance, for her to come back and be obsessed with Spider-Man. Maybe they could team up!
    We'll likely see a Spider-Man vs Dr. Ock story than a Spider-Man vs Paperdoll story. Although I would love to see him do a Spider-Man story that features the She-Hulk and Tigra against Man-Killer and Titania.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    That's a prime source for info, but the credits are very inaccurate, they count multiple stories inside a comic as multiple credits. As a result, Slott (for example) gets 231 credits, which is way over the number of Spider-Man comics he's written so far.
    That doesn't make the credits themselves inaccurate.

You could, you know, just count the actual ASM issues he's written there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    That doesn't make the credits themselves inaccurate.

You could, you know, just count the actual ASM issues he's written there.
    Thomas was pointing Dr. J to spiderfan.org, in response to this question:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Is there a reference somewhere? I was recently wondering how many issues of ASM and satellite tiles did Jim Mooney draw or ink? Or Sal Buscema? Or who has written the most stories? Is there a website with an unofficial tally somewhere?
    In that context, the credits provide inaccurate info. That's what I was trying to clarify. And yes, counting the comics they've written, is what I did (although not there, because of the multiple stories "issue").

BANNED

Thomas was pointing Dr. J to spiderfan.org, in response to this question:

In that context, the credits provide inaccurate info. That's what I was trying to clarify. And yes, counting the comics they've written, is what I did (although not there, because of the multiple stories "issue").
    I understood which post you were referring to. No offense intended here, but how does that make the Spider-fan listings inaccurate?

They list creator credits as they pertain to relevant Spider-man appearances. So while there may be backup stories written by Slott listed from the same issue (sometimes they're written by people other than the main writer, but they're still treated as what they are which are backups), that doesn't in and of itself make the site's listings inaccurate.

Astonishing Member

Check out this post that I initially started:

http://community.comicbookresources....oo-Long/page34

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    I understood which post you were referring to. No offense intended here, but how does that make the Spider-fan listings inaccurate?.
    Dr. J: who has written the most stories?

Thomas: The website spider fan probably has the information you're looking for.

Me: no it doesn't, the information contained there recollects "credits", which can, for example, give you an inaccurate count of the comics written. I'm working on the assumption that Jay wanted a count of comics written, not stories as those that are only part of a comic. I could be wrong.

Dr. J: who has written the most stories?

Thomas: The website spider fan probably has the information you're looking for.

Me: no it doesn't, the information contained there recollects "credits", which can, for example, give you an inaccurate count of the comics written. I'm working on the assumption that Jay wanted a count of comics written, not stories as those that are only part of a comic. I could be wrong.
    It has the information. The information still has to be analyzed correctly, depending on individual standards.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It has the information. The information still has to be analyzed correctly, depending on individual standards.
    It's not a question of analyzing, but a conceptual one. He was asking for "an unofficial tally", of what only he could clarify. But unless he was asking for what they consider "credits" over there, it's not what he asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Slott and Spidey teamup? That's some Animal Man writing there.