Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hatred

BANNED

Default Hatred

Was thinking this game had a thread, but guess it was before the reboot.

Game gets a trailer showing cops, a June 1st release date, and for some reason an AO rating.

The environments in this game look great when you're in firefights, makes me wish more top-down and isometric shooters would come out...and I already was wishing that before this game.

TBH the game sounds as tacky as hell and controversial for the sake of controversy, as for the game itself there's nothing to hook me in like Hotline Miami's surreal retro vibe and the people making it don't have a great track record.
    Last edited by jump; 04-29-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    TBH the game sounds as tacky as hell and controversial for the sake of controversy, as for the game itself there's nothing to hook me in like Hotline Miami's surreal retro vibe and the people making don't have a great track record.

What else have the developers made? Hatred is the only thing I can find on their resume.

Hatred looks like dumb fun. I'll pick it up when it's on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What else have the developers made? Hatred is the only thing I can find on their resume.

Hatred looks like dumb fun. I'll pick it up when it's on sale.
    The studio is made up of people from The Farm 51 who's biggest game is Painkiller Hell & Damnation.

BANNED

TBH the game sounds as tacky as hell and controversial for the sake of controversy, as for the game itself there's nothing to hook me in like Hotline Miami's surreal retro vibe and the people making don't have a great track record.
    Games looks like it's a parody of what the media made the columbine shooters out to be. The main character is this antisocial character in a black trench coat that wants to kill people because he hates the world, the game is also using a font style that's very much like Doom...which is the game the media made such a big deal about them playing.

Gameplay wise it looks like a really good twin-stick shooter style game with some really nice destructible environment. Doesn't really seem any more "controversial" than GTA. It's just a game where the point is to do the Kill Frenzies / Rampages challenges of old GTA games, (which was one of the more fun things to do in GTA) it's also the thing most people do when they're just dicking around with a GTA games.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Games looks like it's a parody of what the media made the columbine shooters out to be. The main character is this antisocial character in a black trench coat that wants to kill people because he hates the world, the game is also using a font style that's very much like Doom...which is the game the media made such a big deal about them playing.

Gameplay wise it looks like a really good twin-stick shooter style game with some really nice destructible environment. Doesn't really seem any more "controversial" than GTA. It's just a game where the point is to do the Kill Frenzies / Rampages challenges of old GTA games, (which was one of the more fun things to do in GTA) it's also the thing most people do when they're just dicking around with a GTA games.
    Seriously you don't see how this game will be controversial?

BANNED

Seriously you don't see how this game will be controversial?
    I see how people could overreact to it, but the overreaction seems pretty stupid. It's a game with what seems like a parody character (of what some people thought violent games would turn kids into) in a game built around a mode that used to be in the GTA games. Some gamers reaction to this game is just over-the-top.

I see how people could overreact to it, but the overreaction seems pretty stupid. It's a game with what seems like a parody character (of what some people thought violent games would turn kids into) in a game built around a mode that used to be in the GTA games. Some gamers reaction to this game is just over-the-top.
    I don't see how it's a parody since it's so devoid of humour nor does it point out flaws with the stereotype, perhaps you mean statement instead but you're kidding yourself that the reason this game has got as much attention as it has isn't because of it's killing simulator tag line which is understandable with the sheer volume of generic indie games out nowadays. BTW I'm not condemning the game for it's violence, it's just looks very average to me.

BANNED

I don't see how it's a parody since it's so devoid of humour nor does it point out flaws with the stereotype, perhaps you mean statement instead but you're kidding yourself that the reason this game has got as much attention as it has isn't because of it's killing simulator tag line which is understandable with the sheer volume of generic indie games out nowadays. BTW I'm not condemning the game for it's violence, it's just looks very average to me.
    Everything the character is saying is funny, it's so over the top that it's funny. The act of putting this over-the-top parody of what the media made the columbine shooters out to be, into this type of game (which has a lineage to GTA), and is using a Doom like font for it's title is in and of itself funny. It's like it's making a joke out of the idea games are killing simulator, especially games with a gameplay style were you aren't going to come away having learned anything about shooting a gun.

The environments in this game look great, visually the game looks nice, and the shooting seems too be good. Maybe it doesn't feels as good, or maybe the AI ends up sucking...but just by the look of it, it looks better than average.

I've watched the trailer for the second time I don't see the/any humour from the trailer. The voice actor is playing it straight but unlike say Leslie Nielsen or Adam West who deliver funny lines seriously the dialogue isn't absurd or poke at it's tropes, it's just generic ramblings. Watch the Far Cry Blood Dragon trailer, that's parody.

BANNED

I've watched the trailer for the second time I don't see the/any humour from the trailer. The voice actor is playing it straight but unlike say Leslie Nielsen or Adam West who deliver funny lines seriously the dialogue isn't absurd or poke at it's tropes, it's just generic ramblings. Watch the Far Cry Blood Dragon trailer, that's parody.
    The dialogue isn't absurd? What?

The dialogue isn't absurd? What?
    Not really, it's just generic ramblings to me. Watch any rubbish cop show with a serial killer and they will be saying similar things but if it get's you laughing then each to their your own I suppose.

Game doesn't offend me at all (hell, games like MKX, GoW and Killing Floor 2 are way more violent), but I'm not sure I see the fun in mowing down people who aren't fighting back. Seems like I'd get bored in 10 minutes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Game doesn't offend me at all (hell, games like MKX, GoW and Killing Floor 2 are way more violent), but I'm not sure I see the fun in mowing down people who aren't fighting back. Seems like I'd get bored in 10 minutes.
    That trailer shows cops fighting you.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The fact that game plays everything straight is what makes it funny to me. The fact the main character looks like Nathan Explosion makes it even more funny to me.