Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hatred

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    SJW? Sassy Jehovah's Witnesses?
    Social Justice Warrior. Derogatory term for anyone right-wingers don't like. Especially anyone who suggests maybe it might be a good idea to respect the rights and feelings of other people.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Social Justice Warrior. Derogatory term for anyone right-wingers don't like. Especially anyone who suggests maybe it might be a good idea to respect the rights and feelings of other people.
    Is that what it means? There's a political leaning to it? I thought social justice warriors were just guys complaining about make believe characters having big boobs or something.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 06-05-2015 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Is that what it means? There's a political leaning to it? I thought social justice warriors were just guys complaining about make believe characters have big boobs or something.
    It's more a social ideology than a political one that overly focusses on equality so it also includes LGBT and ethnics issues rather than just big boobs. For example people who didn't like the idea of a minority character taking over Ultimate Spider-Man called people who did like the idea SJW to simply dismiss their views with the same thing happening with Dumbledore being gay in Harry Potter and the new female centric Mad Max. Of course it used to be a term reserved for trolls who go around arguing about "why is the colour pink used on the girl version of this item" on amazon product reviews or similar nonsense issues but it's been watered down to be meaningless now.

#youlearnsomethingneweveryday

BANNED

Is that what it means? There's a political leaning to it? I thought social justice warriors were just guys complaining about make believe characters have big boobs or something.
    It all boils down to politics eventually, yes. There are some people that sincerely think it doesn't, like a few of the younger and more naive GamerGaters, but they are being used by right-wingers, trolls and hucksters that inevitably pull the strings of these movements. Just like the people who jumped on the right-wing side of the manufactured Hatred controversy are being used.

Jump is right that it did used to have a real meaning, to describe a "keyboard warrior" who got histrionic online about social justice issues without doing anything in real life. It mutated into a general attack term for anyone the right didn't like, and is now something liberals have started wearing as a badge of honor.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-05-2015 at 05:14 AM.

BANNED

It all boils down to politics eventually, yes. There are some people that sincerely think it doesn't, like a few of the younger and more naive GamerGaters, but they are being used by right-wingers, trolls and hucksters that inevitably pull the strings of these movements. Just like the people who jumped on the right-wing side of the manufactured Hatred controversy are being used.

Jump is right that it did used to have a real meaning, to describe a "keyboard warrior" who got histrionic online about social justice issues without doing anything in real life. It mutated into a general attack term for anyone the right didn't like, and is now something liberals have started wearing as a badge of honor.
    You think the Hatred thing is a right-wing left-wing issue?

Fantastic Member

So the new internet users just recycled the old "armchair warrior" term coined 2 decades ago?

BANNED

Oh yeah. The whole GamerGate thing is to a large extent. GamerGaters are all either right-wingers or people with right-wing views who like to think of themselves as "left-libertarians" because being a right-winger isn't cool.

Beyond that, many of the Hatred devs openly support right-wing causes.

http://fucknovideogames.tumblr.com/p...r-developed-by
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-05-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Personally I see it more as an average game is getting praised & sales for being meaningless edgy when there's so many other indie games that are better, more innovative and interesting but if it floats your boat fair enough.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

GamerGaters are all either right-wingers or people with right-wing views who like to think of themselves as "left-libertarians" because being a right-winger isn't cool.
    LOL!

These statics show that most people that support Gamergate are liberals and left leaning individuals.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rRM.../viewanalytics

Never understood how you can through throw someone's political affiliation as a blank insult. I'm not into politics so full me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    LOL!

These statics show that most people that support Gamergate are liberals and left leaning individuals.

Never understood how you can through throw someone's political affiliation as a blank insult. I'm not into politics so full me in.
    I'm not understanding that chart, it doesn't actually ask/show if they are apart of/support gamersgate or not.

BANNED

LOL!

Those statistics were gathered by GamerGate itself as a propaganda tool after it was correctly pointed out the movement was fully in the thrall of right-wing hucksters, trolls and actual Nazis. The only indicator that a significant part of the respondent are liberal is the self-selection question. Answers otherwise indicate a heavy right and right-Libertarian bias. Like I said, it's not cool for younger people to think of themselves as right-wing even if they have severely right-wing views. A majority of the GamerGate dupes fall into this category.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-06-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Those statistics were gathered by GamerGate itself as a propaganda tool after it was correctly pointed out the movement was fully in the thrall of right-wing hucksters, trolls and actual Nazis. The only indicator that a significant part of the respondent are liberal is the self-selection question. Answers otherwise indicate a heavy right and right-Libertarian bias. Like I said, it's not cool for younger people to think of themselves as right-wing even if they have severely right-wing views. A majority of the GamerGate dupes fall into this category.
    You should fact check before popping off. The statics were done by Gamepolitics.com writer Allum Bokhari
    http://gamepolitics.com/2014/12/29/e...g#.VXTrc89VhBc

Politics do not exist in a vacuum. I've been to /leftypol/ a few times and I swear those guys hate SJWs more than anyone that supports gamergate.

TBH if anyone who is truly politically motivated and is actually interested in either side of gamersgates or SJW than that's pretty depressing. Americans Court rules that the news have the right to lie and distort the truth but the controversy is about if a game maker and a journo made whoopee or not, people are being arrested for protesting before they even attempted to protest because privacy laws have been eroded but people want to debate if it's ok to complain about girls in games tropes or not etc.
    Last edited by jump; 06-08-2015 at 02:25 AM.

BANNED

You should fact check before popping off. The statics were done by Gamepolitics.com writer Allum Bokhari
    http://gamepolitics.com/2014/12/29/e...g#.VXTrc89VhBc

Politics do not exist in a vacuum. I've been to /leftypol/ a few times and I swear those guys hate SJWs more than anyone that supports gamergate.
    Bokhari is both a gator and a right-winger with ties to outlets like Breitbart.com, not a neutral journalist. Again, this was a move by GamerGate itself to obscure its actual origins.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 06-08-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Bokhari is both a gator and a right-winger with ties to outlets like Breitbart.com, not a neutral journalist. Again, this was a move by GamerGate itself to obscure its actual origins.
    I'm sure every journalist got their bias but they can still be objective since that's what's required of them. Gamergate's origin or the revolt itself has nothing to do with politics at all. If anything the people involved don't want it to move into the political territory as things will get muddier than it already is so there wouldn't any need for it. This guy kept seeing Gamergate being assumed of being right-wing and seek out to see if that was the case. If you want a more neutral analysis check out everything David Auerbach written on the subject. This is his latest

https://archive.is/ovMc8