View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alex + Ada #14

8 27.59%
  • Bitch Planet #4

1 3.45%
  • Invincible #119

5 17.24%
  • The Mice Templar V: Night's End #2 (of 5)

1 3.45%
  • Morning Glories #45

0 0%
  • Outcast #8

3 10.34%
  • Pisces #1

2 6.90%
  • Red One #2

0 0%
  • Rumble #5

3 10.34%
  • Skullkickers #32

0 0%
  • Spread #7

1 3.45%
  • Sunstone volume 2

3 10.34%
  • They're Not Like Us #5

0 0%
  • Witchblade #182

1 3.45%
  • Other - The Fuse #12, Wayward #7

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 18 - Pisces launches, new Sunstone and more!

Welcome to the weekly Image poll, where we round up the comics released this week and our thoughts on them. It's simple: vote for the Image comic you liked best this week! Last week was very close, with Deadly Class #12 just barely pulling a win against Lazarus.

This week might be another close one, with the penultimate issue of Alex + Ada out, a new issue from the acclaimed Bitch Planet, plus fan-favourites like Invincible and Outcast all vying for the win.

Add to that 2 new notable releases and it's a fun week. First up we've got a new sci-fi horror series by Kurtis J. Wiebe (Rat Queens) together with Johnnie Christmas (Sheltered), called Pisces. Secondly, there's a new volume of Sunstone out, Stjepan Sejic's romance/comedy with a BDSM twist.

What are y'all reading? Sound off below!

215179.jpg

213933.jpg
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Probably will vote for Invincible, but Pisces has a solid enough creative team where I will need to read it before voting.
    Also excited for Spread, Alex + Ada, and Morning Glories. But doubt I would vote for any of them.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Still got to read Outcast and Red One this week, but I have just finished Wayward and They're Not Like Us.

First, Wayward is still not that good. The pacing is still awful! Dear god writer, slow down and let a moment happen! I think we had like three issues worth of story shoved into one issue here!

Second, They're Not Like Us is suddenly in rebound mode. After #2 and #3 made me want to smash my head against a wall with their irritating philosophy and uninteresting characters, things finally seem like they are going to somewhere and are actually started to get interesting. It's amazing what a writer can do when he actually focuses on the story and developing the actual characters.

No (new) Image books for me this week. Fortunately I still have not read last week's Chew or Deadly Class, so I do have some Image to read today.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

I've only got Pisces this week but I can't pick it up until the weekend. Looking forward to it though!

Pisces should be pretty epic with that creative team.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Invincible week is an automatic vote from me.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki

Just Alex + Ada & Pisces for me. A+A was great but i'm mad at it for ending so i'm voting for Pisces. Johnnie Christmas that was good, and graphic! I think this will be A+A's replacement on the old pull list.

Amazing Member

I'm gonna pull Pisces and give it a shot. Also picked up Outcast #8 and Princess Leia #3.

Outcast was it for me. It reads a lot better in trade, but I still enjoy it monthly. Atmosphere on this book is great. I'm not sure I followed the last couple pages, though. Still, it sets a good tone, and I'm excited for the next issue.

Invincible was a clunker, and Pisces was good but not enough to blow me away.
    Alex + Ada gets my vote, both because it is about to end, and it made me bawl like a baby.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    ...Pisces was good but not enough to blow me away.
    I added We Stand on Guard, Saga, and Kaptara to my pull list yesterday but not Pisces even though I was kinda planning on it. Might bite and either try it out digitally or buy the first volume when it eventually comes. We'll see.

Image aren't participating in Free Comic Book Day, are they? Would be cool if they organised any (digital) sales this Saturday, there's a few new series I've not yet had the chance to pick up (like Southern Cross, Mystic and this week's Pisces).

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    Alex + Ada gets my vote, both because it is about to end, and it made me bawl like a baby.
    Geez yeah talk about a tearjerker. I've been bracing for grade-A(+A, heh) heartbreak for a while now, but it still got to me.
    All the cool cats are reading CBR's Community Standards & Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Image aren't participating in Free Comic Book Day, are they? Would be cool if they organised any (digital) sales this Saturday, there's a few new series I've not yet had the chance to pick up (like Southern Cross, Mystic and this week's Pisces).

Geez yeah talk about a tearjerker. I've been bracing for grade-A(+A, heh) heartbreak for a while now, but it still got to me.
    Not sure about this year, but last year Image had a ton of issue #1's for free on Comixology on FCBD. I hope they do again, so keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post

Image's FCBD offering is a Savage Dragon issue/story.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki