Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Spectacular Member Carmen_Rider's Avatar

It may be horrible to others, but I quite like Femforce and similar titles from AC Comics. They're a nice alternative, for me.

Uncanny Avengers
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'm an unabashed fan of Avengers: The Crossing, and the post-Giffen & DeMatteis Justice League books of the early 90's.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

People, if you like it how can it be horrible. Don't give in to what others are saying. The 90s are damned nowadays, back in the day we gobbled them up. The 80s with Secret War, 50s for cheesy villians etc. I stand to my decisions, not all stories are Watchmen or Mouse, just follow what you enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm an unabashed fan of Avengers: The Crossing, and the post-Giffen & DeMatteis Justice League books of the early 90's.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

I kinda liked Ultimatum. It was gross and all, and I knew it was wrong, but it was wrong in a way that felt good.

Flesh II from 2000 AD: it's sloppy and obvious and oen dimensional, but it has nothosaurus' and giant scorpions devouring the hell out of a time-travelling oil rig that kills dino's for their flesh. And the nothosaurus is the good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Speaking of guilty pleasure. I've grown to like Marvel vs DC. Yeah the fights were nothing but fan voting but it had some fun and interesting stuff in it.

I read it recently and boy , was it awful. Superman with a mullet, Thor in a stringy S/M costume and the fake Spider-man forced to fight by a homeless guy in an alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Daenarys Stormborn View Post
    Identity Crisis----
    It is the first time I read such an issue in Marvel or Dc. It was interesting to see the heroes reactions...and Deathstroke got to be out in full display being so awesome it didn<t really make sense. Actually, I chalk up that whole encounter to the heroes mentalities being unbalanced or fracture from the previous events (like those unable to accept a situation and whose inner frustrations become apparent in outward actions.) It was fantastic.

I really enjoyed ID Crisis, but Deathstroke beating the entire JL ? Cmon...

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    I read it recently and boy , was it awful. Superman with a mullet, Thor in a stringy S/M costume and the fake Spider-man forced to fight by a homeless guy in an alley.
    I do like how they have Ben Reilly undying his hair, taking photos, and saying "my professional name is Peter Parker" - this really shameless way of getting around the current status quo so they can have Peter at the Daily Planet. And Peter's not dead or anything! Ben just straight up stole his identity when he thought it would work! What a git!

Ok, I'll admit to still reading The Savage Dragon. Yeah, it's all fightfightfight<BOOBS>fightfightfight green guy with skinny legs. It's like domestic chocolate satisfying. Not great, not really memorable but cheap and if you accidently drop it in a puddle you wont get bent out of shape about it. Well, because nothing of value was lost.