Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I think I'm one of the few people alive who genuinely enjoyed Young X-men; and would have happily seen it continue...
    Me too! You are not alone

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Honestly? I really liked the Morlun arc. Granted, it was my very first Spider-Man arc, but Morlun was creepy as hell, the spiritual aspect (while stupid in retrospect) was actually kinda cool and would make sense with how intertwined Marvel heroes are with the occult, and I thought Ezekiel was badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Me too! You are not alone
    Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    While I didnt like it as much as the original New/Young X-Men run I enjoyed it enough and dont think it was as horrible as people say.
    YEY!!! *Kieran, Rei and Chia Head embrace, their tears say more than words ever could*

I mean I agree, it wasn't a patch on Kyle&Yost's New X-men (but that was one of my favourite runs of all time), but it was still good, and didn't deserve the hate it got.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Sam Humphries' Uncanny X-Force. Lots of people seem to hate it but I enjoyed quite a lot of it actually.
    DITTO! And Avengers: AI. Too many posters seem to hate it for the swearing, and look past anything else. Humphires wrote a great Psylocke, Storm, Puck, Pym and Vision; and redeemed Bishop, created the HILARIOUS Doombot... I really enjoyed both his runs, and never got why so many hated them???

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier X View Post
    Justice League Detroit!

The great art on the first few issues sort of hypnotized me. (I include the George Tuska art on the Amazo storyline.) But I re-read the whole run a little over a year ago and I had to very reluctantly admit that it really isn't very good.
    I'll see your JLDetroit, and raise ya Extreme Justice!

I hear ya Booster, I hear ya...

The Dazzler comic from the 80s...
    My mom thinks I'm cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Jeph Loeb's Rulk has good art.
    As much as I enjoy talking trash about Loeb, his run on Hulk was fun, and far from unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Celtic Batman View Post
    Amalgam Comics

Daft and a guilty pleasure!
    I have always wanted to read these, but I can't find them anywhere.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by !Pharozonk! View Post
    I prefer to think of Trial of the Flash as tragically misunderstood rather than bad.
    TRIAL OF THE FLASH was far from Cary Bates' best writing, far from Carmine Infantino's best illustration work, and far from DC editorial's best decision-making; I read the hell out of it anyway.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mark Millar's Nemesis and All-Star Batman & Robin.

I don't incluye the Dark Knight Strikes Again because I refuse to call it a horrible comic.

I unironically love most Silver Age DC. They did the best they could under the CCA with more self-awareness than most people realize. Jimmy Olsen going back in time to read Hitler his horoscope is high quality comedy and I don't think comics will reach that height again (I also love Curt Swan and Kurt Schaffenberger's art).

Not sure how many of you guys read/remember this, but issues 52 and 53 of the Marvel US Transformers run. It was the storyline that featured Landmine and Cloudburst trying to procure microchips to repair their damaged friends. They travel to a black market in space, end up getting captured by giant robotic cannibalistic spiders, and then proceed to travel to a planet that's populated by giant humanoids who've established a matriarchal society with a division between Amazon-type women and agrarian men.

It's regarded as one of the worst stories Bob Budiansky has ever written... but I love it to bits! I re-read it often.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

The thread title is somewhat... well I'll just say that if I like something, how can I possibly consider it horrible?

One story that I could think of that was off-putting at first, but grew on me, was sometime early in the early Transformers series. I vaguely remember it for the Autobots being disabled (except for Ratchet), Optimus Prime was beheaded, and Ratchet finds the Dinobots who come to the rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddon View Post
    Chuck Austen's X-men

I didn't read this comic but, this page makes me ask: What exactly did she uncover there with the two sheets of paper that wasn't already inferrable beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    The thread title is somewhat... well I'll just say that if I like something, how can I possibly consider it horrible?

One story that I could think of that was off-putting at first, but grew on me, was sometime early in the early Transformers series. I vaguely remember it for the Autobots being disabled (except for Ratchet), Optimus Prime was beheaded, and Ratchet finds the Dinobots who come to the rescue.
    Objectivity vs affective/subjectivity.

Sometimes I like things precisely because of how horrible they are.

Quote Originally Posted by thespianphryne View Post
    Objectivity vs affective/subjectivity.

Sometimes I like things precisely because of how horrible they are.
    Got it. Thanks for clarifying. My answer (Transformers) still valid, hehehe.

Astonishing Member

Hulk by Loeb and McGuiness.
    One More Day.
    Early 90s events from Marvel were fun (As Attlantis Attack)