Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    YEY!!! *Kieran, Rei and Chia Head embrace, their tears say more than words ever could*

I mean I agree, it wasn't a patch on Kyle&Yost's New X-men (but that was one of my favourite runs of all time), but it was still good, and didn't deserve the hate it got.
    YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    The Dazzler comic from the 80s...
    I always thought that was generally accepted as a decent comic.

Y'know there is another comic, I actually liked the Marvel comics Spellbound mini from the 80's. I mention this because I found recently that its not thought well of. But I really enjoyed it. And read it more than once... so uh, there.

I really, really like The Runaways. But no one ever talks about that comic. I think that I am the only person in the world who likes it.

BANNED

I thoroughly enjoyed Secret Invasion, and still buy anything related to it that I come across.

Quote Originally Posted by thor View Post
    I really, really like The Runaways. But no one ever talks about that comic. I think that I am the only person in the world who likes it.
    No way. I've never heard anyone say anything bad about it (until Vaughan left). I know quite a few people who grew up reading/loving The Runaways.

Princess Awesome bipolar danger girl's Avatar

I loved the old 90's Chris Claremont Rogue/Gambit story lines. He could touch her tear! She could wear his glove! Heart breaking and uplifting at the same flapp jacking time.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Thank you, that's reassuring to hear!! There's not a lot of discussion on it here, but that could just be because it was only rebooted a few days ago.

Thank you, that's reassuring to hear!! There's not a lot of discussion on it here, but that could just be because it was only rebooted a few days ago.
    It could also be that it's not polarizing enough, that stuff usually gets more discussion. Personally I found people recognized it as having set a new standard for teen superhero comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    YAY!

I always thought that was generally accepted as a decent comic.

Y'know there is another comic, I actually liked the Marvel comics Spellbound mini from the 80's. I mention this because I found recently that its not thought well of. But I really enjoyed it. And read it more than once... so uh, there.
    I think, much like the mainstream's hatred of Liefeld, the Dazzler comic was heavily speculated on and failed. So the biggest critics would have been the people who bought a case of 100 of them.

But there's a little joke that every time you buy a collection there's a Dazzler #1 in there. I had a copy I got from a collection at one point. Never read it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    As much as I enjoy talking trash about Loeb, his run on Hulk was fun, and far from unreadable.
    I'll second that. I enjoyed it too!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

That doesn't mean it's horrible. I've never heard a bad word against it, or at least for Vaughan's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I don't incluye the Dark Knight Strikes Again because I refuse to call it a horrible comic.

It also hasn't been around for a few years. But yeah, it was pretty popular. Still one of my favorite books of the '00s.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

90's "Trial of Superman". A space tribunal charges Superman with the genocide of Krypton! And the sentence...IS DEATH! Cyborg Superman plays tribunal bounty hunter! Superman helps a crew escape imprisonment! Superman on wanted posters throughout the galaxy! First Post-Crisis Bottle City of Kandor! The Superman Rescue Squad! Is Alpha Centurian the Cyborg in disguise?

It was just great fun. Space pirates, magical wizards, and lots of action. The art was sometimes poor (this was the Triangle-era), but at least there was a new chapter every week. I was about 12 back then, so I only got to a store that had a spinner rack about once a month (my small town store didn't get them), so grabbing 4 issues of Superman comics that continued one story each month was a thrill. The dialogue doesn't hold up well today, but I still enjoy it very much.
    Last edited by Clark_Kent; 05-07-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Car0lyn452

Quote Originally Posted by chrisopolis View Post
    I readily admit to loving the crap out of this comic back in the 90s.
    Wow! That is one muscular dude. He's got muscles on his muscles and I'd presume muscles on his eyeballs too! (Yeah I rock at lame references :P)

My favorite horrible comic that everyone hates is not exactly a comic but is in fact, a WEBCOMIC. A webcomic with the improbable name Shredded Moose!

People call this the worst webcomic on the face of the earth but I find it hilarious and brilliant if you observe it from an ironic perspective! (Even though I love it nonironically) Basically, if you imagine these comics as parodies of "edgy" gamer comics, suddenly they become entertaining as hell (and heck they're so over-the-top and silly that they might be parodies done by a master of deconstruction.)

http://imgur.com/fE2eznu,6J6vIQJ

http://imgur.com/fE2eznu,6J6vIQJ#1

Plus, I have an inexplicable crush on the fratboy main character. He may be an absolute monster to some (I just find him mischievous) but he's so damn cute I end up forgiving him. The best part is that by the end of this webcomic's run, the womanizing fratboy actually learns to appreciate the women in his life and treat them better! It's really sweet!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The Legend of Supreme had me cracking up the whole way through. It's legitimately one of my favorite titles, just because it's so astonishingly bad it's shocking it made it to print.

Whereas Batman: Odyssey is a damn masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The two year TRIAL OF THE FLASH ordeal from the early 1980s. It's not the most glorious era of FLASH history, but it's oddly addictive.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I remember hearing about that story but I didn't realise it lasted two years. Ouch!