Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I don't know if it's a horrible comic, but I'm kind of ashamed of reading Elfquest -- and in contrast, I'm not ashamed of reading My Little Pony comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Be honest, now: Do you actually like this, or do you "like" it the way people "like" Birdemic and The Room?

As for me, I have a fond affection for the ALF comics of my youth that I refuse to ruin by actually going back and reading them.
    It's great. If there ever was a comic book that demonstrated the mediums tendency for power fulfillment its this series. Sonich #10 is one of my favourite single comics.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Authority: Human on the Inside by John Ridley, at the time I read it I didn't saw nothing wrong with and the art was good. Now I can see its problems but still, I'm a sucker for the art.

I used to read alot of harvey licensed stuff.. like Monsters in my Pocket and Little Dracula. Ren and Stimpy by Marvel (even had a spiderman crossover haha). Batman Digital Justice blew me away when I was younger.. I dont ever hear anyone talk about it at all now.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

"At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Fantastic Member

Almost all of Scott Lobdell's New 52 entries. I know they're objectively awful, but I can't help it.

Perhaps more shamefully, I also have a huge soft spot for early Spawn.

Ultimates 3 by Loeb. It didn't fit with the UU but I still enjoyed it lol. Ultimate Power got a lot of heat too but I really liked that mini.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

I like the Rob Zombie approach: Nothing you like is bad, you like good stuff. All good stuff has some flaw, and you're just discerning enough you can like something for the parts you enjoy and remain aware of the flaws or failures. If it was really horrible, it'd offer you nothing.

Or, something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    The Authority: Human on the Inside by John Ridley, at the time I read it I didn't saw nothing wrong with and the art was good. Now I can see its problems but still, I'm a sucker for the art.
    The art's still good. And, most of the story. The approach to the characters and some of the gender/sex dynamics... let's just say John Ridley and I seem to understand some things differently. Not a bad comic, though.

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

I guess the most horrible comics I like are DC's Silver Age stuff - Batman fighting guys like Crazy Quilt and the Cavalier, Superman hiding behind clouds of cigar smoke and making Jimmy Olsen marry a gorilla. Campy, cheesy, 4-color stuff, but I love it.

I will also read anything with J'onn J'onzz in it, regardless of who was writing him at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post

I was out of comics when Spawn happened, but I saw and really liked the HBO cartoon and saw the movie in a dollar movie and thought it was ok.

I've been reading Spawn from the beginning (up to #64) and that is such a maddeningly inconsistent series. There will be issues and scenes that are interesting, then it goes into some just really dumb places. It could have used an editor going "do you really want to go there" to McFarlene. The spinoff series Curse of Spawn may be the worst comic series ever though, that comic infuriated me after just a couple of issues it's so terrible. That comic is just over the top willfully ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
    Almost all of Scott Lobdell's New 52 entries. I know they're objectively awful, but I can't help it.

I was having a hard time figuring out something but with the mention of Lobdell I recalled Alpha Flight volume 3.

Wasn't a big fan of the time travel arc, which evidently a lot of people was since it got cancelled, but I thought it was otherwise a pretty fun comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    Batman fighting guys like Crazy Quilt
    His gimmick was actually quilts?

BANNED

This is how I feel about much of Zenescope's output. A lot of it is terrible, but I'm drawn to it anyway.

(Not all of it, though. Some of it, particularly the Wonderland saga, is genuinely good stuff.)

Not sure how this will go over, but most Cerberus after "Melmoth" is basically unreadable junk. It's misogynistic, preachy, overtly religious and just plain terrible. Yet there are still some great moments and the entire thing still retains a sense of what I can only guess is Dave Sims's charisma, I don't know. I'm embarrassed for having read it all once, let alone twice.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I have a soft spot for Gen13 in general if that counts.