Page 1 of 40 1234511 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default New Avengers 33 *spoilers*

We start off with Molecule Man taking Doom back to the beginning of how it all began, the collapse.

MM takes Doom to the Library, originally built by the Beyonders when they thought life was "valuable." Now their experiment is to see what happens if they kill everything at once, but MM has a plan to stop them.

MM is an "infinite being" the same across all realities and part of the grand experiment. MM instructs Doom to keep killing him on realities to start the chain of incursions so that they can defeat the Beyonders. He says Doom has 25 years.

Doom discovers a weakness in the Beyonders, that they are linear and cannot travel in time the way Doom has, his assault on them comes after Thor and the Multiversal Avengers fall, but it leads to the death of those hundreds of thousands of universes.

yeah glad it cleared up the massive collapse issue- that it wasn't from the mass murder of the cosmic abstracts.

Also, Doom really is Rabum Alal, and he did cause the early death of a universe on an alternate earth. I also like how Manifold got tied back into the plot line- that he could find his Earth's Owen Reece based on need.

Doom hinted that even though he was destroying one universe at a time with the execution of Molecule Men, that he hoped he could save at least something...I have to believe at this point that he is the one who built Battleworld, and he's been building it one chunk at a time with the help of Reece.

BANNED

See I think Battleworld is the the planet in the annual that Franklin sent.

It starts with Doom and ends with Doom and MM will probably play a role in saving the 616 or rather making the Nu616... the one that's left along with Singularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    See I think Battleworld is the the planet in the annual that Franklin sent.

It starts with Doom and ends with Doom and MM will probably play a role in saving the 616 or rather making the Nu616... the one that's left along with Singularity.
    In the final Avengers...
    spoilers:
    the rogue planet gets destroyed
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    In the final Avengers...
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yea, I just finished Avengers.

Yeah, everything makes sense now. So, now I see how Secret Wars #1 will work. Its the classic: "To save everything, everything must die first." Now all said and done I see how they all fit together. Well done Jonathan Hickman, well done. See how Secret Wars finishes this all off since we don't know if it will be done by August or September now.
    Mooper Films

According to solits its the Silver Surfer and Dawn who are tasked with revceating earth and the universe
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    In the final Avengers...
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Really?
    spoilers:
    I saw the beam from Sol's hammer hit it as the beam vaporized the galactic fleet, but we don't see it actually completely destroyed. All we see is them saying "lets put earth back in phase"
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Biclopcicle View Post
    Really?
    spoilers:
    I saw the beam from Sol's hammer hit it as the beam vaporized the galactic fleet, but we don't see it actually completely destroyed. All we see is them saying "lets put earth back in phase"
    end of spoilers
    See, that's what I got out of it too, but everyone forgetting the final incursion that happens in SW#1

I beleive they said the actual incursion happens in Secret Wars #2
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I beleive they said the actual incursion happens in Secret Wars #2
    It begins in #1

So did the Beyonders start the Incursions to make up for the fact that Doom and the Swans were so successful at taking out Molecule Mans? Did killing that first Molecule Man destroy that first Earth?

I feel like I got some of this, but definitely not all of it on the first reading. I'm going to have to reread this again.

So, all hope lies in Doom huh?

Not a fantastic start there.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by DrTraveler View Post
    So did the Beyonders start the Incursions to make up for the fact that Doom and the Swans were so successful at taking out Molecule Mans? Did killing that first Molecule Man destroy that first Earth?

I feel like I got some of this, but definitely not all of it on the first reading. I'm going to have to reread this again.
    Killing a Molecule Man destroys your universe. But a "critical mass" of destroyed universes had to be reached in order to start incursions. "when you reach a high enough threshold youll start seeing some real results from your work. The blue and red shift of incursions."
    ... I suppose the idea is that if he kills all the Molecule men, the Beyonder's cant destroy everything simultaneously. Why the beyonders didn't set off their "bombs" of Molecule men right as each Owen Reece became MM, I don't know. Maybe they created him but weren't exactly planning on multiversal collapse just yet.

then, the beyonders used a multiversal virus to capture Adaptoids and turn them into mapmakers- they were mapping the the earths that Doom had found MM and killed him. Those were the blue incursions. I guess a "red shift" incursion goes in one direction, while the Mapmakers are "going against the grain" backtracking to try and find the MM killer- and that's what creates a "blue shift" incursion
    Last edited by Biclopcicle; 04-29-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    So, all hope lies in Doom huh?

Not a fantastic start there.

Yeah kind of a humbling experience for ol tin face there, huh? lol. But I still love love love Hickman's Doom. Such a fantastic character