Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Facing the 'Divided' Marvel NOW! Future

Axel Alonso talks the challenge of launching a totally new character like Mosaic, and shares some insight on the latest round of Marvel teasers.

Full article here.

BANNED

"Web-Warriors" really pushed the concept of "Spider-Verse" and explored what Peter Parker's mantra of power and responsibility means to the larger Marvel Multiverse -- and it did so with a diverse cast of characters and voices.
    Except the art portrayed Anya and Pavitr as though they were as white as Gwen, so it's not exactly a remarkable show of diversity.

Black Panther doesn't fit that lineup. Everyone else is wearing red and blue.

Huh, now that I've looked him up, Geoffrey Thorne has actually written for a lot of cartoons and shows I've watched, though his USM episodes have been decent to okay.

I'd take more Spidey-satellites focused on Peter Parker if it meant more people get to write Peter and could focus on all the Spider-Man supporting cast members in limbo at this point, instead of just leaving most of it to Dan Slott. Though at least Spidey/Deadpool is solid, especially compared to Amazing Grace.

Loved Deadpool V Gambit #1! I hope Marvel Now will surprise me with some great Gambit project.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Victor Von Doom is going to be the new Iron Man now, I'm fairly certain of it since it was suggested by Newsarama. And Tony's going to die via Hulk, which takes two more brain boxes off the table and paves the way for T'Challa to being one of Marvel's core science heroes now.

And 'Divided We Fall' will be the new status quo with all the younger generation heroes losing faith in the older ones after deaths and going evil and all that jazz and pursue heroism on their own terms. That's how I'm calling it. Sort of like Dark Reign but Old vs New Heroes instead.

Who's the thunderbolts artist? I think I would've liked to see him as the artist on all new inhumans; too bad it's been cancelled.
    Last edited by protege; 06-24-2016 at 03:07 PM.

Uncanny Inhumans wasn't canceled. All New Inhumans was (that's who is featured in the upcoming Thunderbolts issue). Though they didn't mention that in the article. Which is interesting.

Needless to say, I am all over that Thunderbolts Issue. It looks like Crystal and her team is gonna lay a bit of a smack down (at least til Kubik gets involved). Really looking forward to it.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Uncanny Inhumans wasn't canceled. All New Inhumans was (that's who is featured in the upcoming Thunderbolts issue). Though they didn't mention that in the article. Which is interesting.

Needless to say, I am all over that Thunderbolts Issue. It looks like Crystal and her team is gonna lay a bit of a smack down (at least til Kubik gets involved). Really looking forward to it.
    Fixed then.��

BANNED

in all my years and espcially since the quesda era started at marvel i have never been more disappointed and or worried about the future of marvel than right now. Really joe, axel and breevort are way way smarter than some of the nonsense we ve gotten from marvel the past 6 months. I really get the feeling the disney overlords are taking a much more hands on approach to some of the recent decisons lately. The store i run is what i would call a marvel store but these past 3 weeks more and more people are sampling rebirth and moving over to DC and all the news of marvel now has been met with a GIANT YAWN not just at my store but with other retailers ive spoken to as well. I know Dc been in the toilet and has nowhere to go but up but there ideas just seem way fresher. MArvel if not going to the 24 issues a year at least do 18 issues a year on all their big books. Im all for more diversity and axel likes to talk about these so called comedy slash funny books but they do not keep the lights on. And really uncanny inhumans i can see people already lining up and calling for the 1st appearance of mosaic come on get real. THe spidey books are strong the deadpool books sell, jason aaron books do well , star wars continue to sell and the x-books when marvel decides to ship them besides gambit there was no x-book this past wednesday still are steady but the rest of the marvel line is DOA hopefully marvel has some tricks up their sleeve as i mentioned ive already seen some early june numbers and dc is getting closer and closer by the minute

Man, that was a whole lot of nothing.

Is Axel-in-Charge just not doing reader questions anymore?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Man, that was a whole lot of nothing.

Is Axel-in-Charge just not doing reader questions anymore?
    If he does it's usually just one decidedly safe question, most of the time.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I'll have to try and pick up Inhumans # 11 to see Mosaic.

Mighty Member

Well, it's nice to look at this and infer that most if not all of the Ultimates are still on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Victor Von Doom is going to be the new Iron Man now, I'm fairly certain of it since it was suggested by Newsarama. And Tony's going to die via Hulk, which takes two more brain boxes off the table and paves the way for T'Challa to being one of Marvel's core science heroes now.

And 'Divided We Fall' will be the new status quo with all the younger generation heroes losing faith in the older ones after deaths and going evil and all that jazz and pursue heroism on their own terms. That's how I'm calling it. Sort of like Dark Reign but Old vs New Heroes instead.
    I doubt it. They need to keep Tony alive to the end of Civil War, and by then I imagine the Hulk problem will probably not matter much.

I'd think Bendis would keep Tony alive to explore his new relationships (Amara, MJ, Doom), and discovery about his family, but who knows. There's also Iron Man's new "flagship" status that Marvel is big on, which probably also helps to a degree.