Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I wonder why the Black Swan (and perhaps some others who learned of Doom's plans) has chosen to blow up Earths instead of killing Molecule Men? The end result seems to be the same, right? In fact, Black Swan's way of doing it seems to make more sense because if she destroys an entire Earth then that makes it harder for Mapmakers to gather resources and track the Swans.

If a swan blows up an earth and Owen reece is on it, that universe will eventually die. Just killing owen reece leaves the universe intact for some time (just think about those universes where stars were dying early, but the universe was still there...). Time enough to grab some stuff for battleworld, perhaps...

Incredible Member

Ahh, so the Black Swan is maybe stopping Doom from getting his hands on pieces of Battleworld (because of what she learned about Doom's plan)? Interesting. If she is working against Doom then she still appears to have quite a bit of respect for him, however. I just checked NA #6 where she says "Red means order, Red means the righteous judgment of Rabum Alal. But Blue - blue is an abomination. It means chaos...infection." Her goals are still ambiguous.

All-New Member

What happened to the Beyonders and Doom's time machine weapon?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by doctormolecule View Post
    Unknown. It possible that they were all wiped out but it is unlikely.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by doctormolecule View Post
    It appears to have not worked exactly how he'd planned. It's left deliberately vague (for now) what specifically happened, but we do know that a consequence was the early termination of hundreds of thousands of universes that had been previously unexplained.

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    It appears to have not worked exactly how he'd planned. It's left deliberately vague (for now) what specifically happened, but we do know that a consequence was the early termination of hundreds of thousands of universes that had been previously unexplained.
    Yeah this is the next big mystery- what happened to the beyonders? The "child" beyonder- is he still linked to Owen Reece? He's on the SW#4 cover...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Unknown. It possible that they were all wiped out but it is unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    I kinda like the Beyonders, because they are mysterious. It would be boring if they were just wiped out.

Spectacular Member markallenchi's Avatar

I'm starting to believe the Beyonders will not be a big part of SW. They are just a conduit for the story to take place and for Doom to create Battleworld. At the end, I can still see Franklin coming in to reform the multiverse.

I also like how Hickman shows how the moon was "destroyed" (see SHIELD and OS avengers tie-in)
    Mark Allen Chi

Amazing Member

Hickman certainly makes his readers think, that's for sure. This issue was a doozy but so epic. Really looking forward to Secret Wars now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by markallenchi View Post
    I'm starting to believe the Beyonders will not be a big part of SW. They are just a conduit for the story to take place and for Doom to create Battleworld. At the end, I can still see Franklin coming in to reform the multiverse.

I also like how Hickman shows how the moon was "destroyed" (see SHIELD and OS avengers tie-in)
    I didn't even notice that. Guess that answer is revealed.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

So this was exposition the comic with just a small bit of story at the very end so it felt like things happened. Bravo writer, bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by frostywontons View Post
    Hickman certainly makes his readers think, that's for sure. This issue was a doozy but so epic. Really looking forward to Secret Wars now.
    Well he certainly makes me yawn, that's for sure. That man loves his pretentious and "profound" narration and exposition. Too bad it never really gets interesting until the ending when the character gets to the actual point.

Actually, Doom is rather kinky for tricking out the Black Swans in those clothing, especially when they are so young. I also love how all of his followers have the exact same body type. Doesn't matter what's up with their heads, they have the exact same measurements it looks like. Creepy.

So the Incursions were just a way to get rid of those Earths whose Molecule Man had died prematurely (and hence wouldn't die at the same time when their time came?).

And the Swans killed so many billions of Owens Reeces that all the Universes save a mere 100,000 had to be destroyed with Incursions instead of with Molecule Men "bombs".

Or was it Doom who started the Incursions in order to mess with the Beyonder's plan?

I don't understand the bit about the "problem solving virus". The Beyonders infected the Superadaptoids, turning them into the Mapmakers, and then...what? What were the Mapmakers doing? They destroyed Earths, which did prevent the Incursions AND killed the local Molecule Men if they weren't already dead.

And what was Doom doing at the end of the comic? Was he throwing a building full with Owen Reece's energy at them?
    Last edited by Habis; 04-29-2015 at 01:26 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    So the Incursions were just a way to get rid of those Earths whose Molecule Man had died prematurely (and hence wouldn't die at the same time when their time came?).

And the Swans killed so many billions of Owens Reeces that all the Universes save a mere 100,000 had to be destroyed with Incursions instead of with Molecule Men "bombs".

I don't understand the bit about the "problem solving virus". The Beyonders infected the Superadaptoids, turning them into the Mapmakers, and then...what? What were the Mapmakers doing? They destroyed Earths, which did prevent the Incursions AND killed the local Molecule Men if they weren't already dead.
    No. The incursions were caused by the dead Molecule Men. The Mapmakers destroy Earths without Molecule Men. They know where Molecule Men die and they try to prevent the continue culling of Molecule Men.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    No. The incursions were caused by the dead Molecule Men. The Mapmakers destroy Earths without Molecule Men. They know where Molecule Men die and they try to prevent the continue culling of Molecule Men.
    So:

1.-The Molecule Men are universe-destroying bombs.
    2.-Killing a Molecule Man sets him early, destroying his universe.
    3.-Destroying enough universes starts the chain of incursions.
    4.-Doom and Molecule Man apparently did that to mess with the Beyonder's experiment.
    5.-The rogue Swans were trying to save the Multiverse destroying Earths to stop the Incursions.
    6.-The Universe itself (Eternity?) created the Black Priests to destroy Earths and stop the Incursions.

It still doesn't explain why the stars were dying, if is was neither because of Owen's death (Earth 616's Owen is still alive) or because of the Incursions...

And I still don't understand what were the Mapmakers trying to do. Destroying Earths delayed the end of that universe, but it still wouldn't die at the same time as the rest of the Multiverse. Did the Beyonders have a Plan B to destroy the universes laking a Molecule Man at the same time as those who had one?

Some people have said that the Mapmakers investigated the Swans, but the Incursions happened even in those Universes where the Swans hadn't killed the local Owen. Earth 616 suffered Incursions despite their Molecule Man being alive...so why did the Mapmakers visited and investigated only the world that had suffered an Incursion?

The Black Swans are appalled by time travel because Doom could use it to save their families. None of them actually have to be Black Swans, if Doom is actually a savior he could just flat out save them all before their tragedies. If Doom is building Battle World in some way of preserving Earth, the Swans start outright destroying Earths to spite him. Because if they can't have nice things, neither can he.