Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Avengers 44 *SPOILERS*

First Scene:
    we get the flashback of where Tony meets with Cap to try and make amends (this is after Cap remembers being mindwiped and after Tony was inverted during Axis). Tamara, Captain Universe is a waitress at the diner and is serving them. Tony "promises" cap that there is a solution to the Incursion problem. Capt Universe gets angry and lashes out because she knows that Tony is lying- he doesn't really believe there is a solution to the incursion problem. The Avengers Machine was all a smokescreen to occupy the worlds heroes as they all tumbled to their doom. Tony escapes before Cap can really do much of anything

Second Scene:
    The galactic fleet is headed towards earth and about to wax it. The Rogue planet shifts phase with the earth to protect it and Tony turns on Sol's Hammer and almost completely vaporizes the galactic fleet. Sol's hammer breaks down in the process but Tony survives as he activates his suit helmet.

Third Scene (Earth 1610):
    Maker has called Fury and Hawkeye to the City to discuss the incursions. Fury is incredulous, but he meets the Cabal, they tell him they're from another universe. To further help Fury understand, City uproots itself so that Fury can witness the incusion firsthand...

Fourth Scene back to 616:
    Tchalla meets with the president and basically tells him the end of the world is here and there's nothing that can be done about it. He also throws in a jab about how the world's powers let the cabal destroy Wakanda

5th Scene (1610):
    -They see the incursion. Thanos tells them its 616 and "the greatest heroes you have ever seen" are there. They plan a full-out assault...

Fast forward a few hrs to the time of the final incursion and the CAbal are plotting something sinister (naturally) but it isn't quite clear. They're definitely using Fury...

meanwhile Fury rallies the troops and SHIELD gets ready for the final incursion

6th Scene (616)
    -at the BAxter Building, the Illuminati and SHIELd avengers are planning whos gonna go in the life raft. They agree that Tony has become something different and he can't be trusted on the raft. And then Rogers goes to take him out.

7th Scene:
    -Cap is in modified War Machine armor and confronts Tony. They have a monster brawl. Rogers basically wants Tony to admit what Captain Universe said was true- that the Avengers Machine was all a smokescreen and Tony lied about its creation. He beats down Tony,(who catches the shield in his face!) and gets him to admit that to be the case. But then tony rebuts with that he wouldnt have done it any differently. Blasts Rogers in the face and .... a helicarrier falls on them!

Kev Walker was amazing in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Kev Walker was amazing in this issue.
    Sometimes I think he's a little too cartoony, but in general I like him and I liked his art here. A little jarring when juxtaposed against Caselli's smoother lines, but whatever. Great story. Wrapped up everything that got going in Avengers #1

BANNED

I'm believing now that the IM in AND Avengers is 1610 Tony stark.

Yeah, I believe too, everything makes sense now. Be interesting how this all wraps up in Secret Wars. Well done, Jonathan Hickman, well done.
    Mooper Films

BANNED

Does Rogers regains his youth?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Does Rogers regains his youth?
    No he's just in War Machine armor.

Incredible Member

[deleted.]
    Last edited by xpyred; 04-22-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    It appears as thought the Helicarrier falls near them. The glow on the left side of the impact is where Tony and Steve are fighting. They aren't dead....yet
    Yeah who knows...doesn't look great either way. Honestly I care more about Hyperion and Thor surviving. Grumpy cranky Rogers and inverted Tony...not too crazy about that

I love how this issue kind of confirms what everyone already knew.

Steve and Tony can't get their heads out of their asses. Namely Steve.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    I love how this issue kind of confirms what everyone already knew.

Steve and Tony can't get their heads out of their asses. Namely Steve.
    Actually Steve is kind of justified. Tony knew none of this would work all along, and basically let everyone spin their wheels. He mislead the entirety of the Avengers. I'd be furious too.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

That was good, but I wish it'd had at least a little more wrap up for the Avengers run. I know it's a prequel to Secret Wars, but it ends without really feeling like it wraps up anything. Prequels should be self contained stories...I don't feel this was.

I still enjoyed the heck out of it though, I just have to accept it is not a complete story.

As for Captain America, I think the folks upset about Steve have never been truly betrayed or let down by someone close to them. That kind of disappointment stings like a bitch and lingers for long long after. I get how he feels because I know I personally have had context for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Actually Steve is kind of justified. Tony knew none of this would work all along, and basically let everyone spin their wheels. He mislead the entirety of the Avengers. I'd be furious too.
    This too. Steve has guessed Tony knew all along this couldn't be stopped and Tony pretty much confirms that. That's.....dickish behavior even for inverted Tony.

The hellicarriers bombing NY in the last panel were from the Ultimate U, right? That was my first impression but on 2nd read I thought maybe they were Reed and company trying to save Tony to bring him on the lifeboat.

Incredible Member

I think Hickman wrote a totally unlikeable Steve and what made everybody think Tony was a monster was that he knew all of this was avoidable? That rage inducing but not monster calling. He wrote them more like jilted lovers at the end of the world.

Also, what's the Cabal cooking up?