Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Avengers 44 *SPOILERS*

First Scene:
    we get the flashback of where Tony meets with Cap to try and make amends (this is after Cap remembers being mindwiped and after Tony was inverted during Axis). Tamara, Captain Universe is a waitress at the diner and is serving them. Tony "promises" cap that there is a solution to the Incursion problem. Capt Universe gets angry and lashes out because she knows that Tony is lying- he doesn't really believe there is a solution to the incursion problem. The Avengers Machine was all a smokescreen to occupy the worlds heroes as they all tumbled to their doom. Tony escapes before Cap can really do much of anything

Second Scene:
    The galactic fleet is headed towards earth and about to wax it. The Rogue planet shifts phase with the earth to protect it and Tony turns on Sol's Hammer and almost completely vaporizes the galactic fleet. Sol's hammer breaks down in the process but Tony survives as he activates his suit helmet.

Third Scene (Earth 1610):
    Maker has called Fury and Hawkeye to the City to discuss the incursions. Fury is incredulous, but he meets the Cabal, they tell him they're from another universe. To further help Fury understand, City uproots itself so that Fury can witness the incusion firsthand...

Fourth Scene back to 616:
    Tchalla meets with the president and basically tells him the end of the world is here and there's nothing that can be done about it. He also throws in a jab about how the world's powers let the cabal destroy Wakanda

5th Scene (1610):
    -They see the incursion. Thanos tells them its 616 and "the greatest heroes you have ever seen" are there. They plan a full-out assault...

Fast forward a few hrs to the time of the final incursion and the CAbal are plotting something sinister (naturally) but it isn't quite clear. They're definitely using Fury...

meanwhile Fury rallies the troops and SHIELD gets ready for the final incursion

6th Scene (616)
    -at the BAxter Building, the Illuminati and SHIELd avengers are planning whos gonna go in the life raft. They agree that Tony has become something different and he can't be trusted on the raft. And then Rogers goes to take him out.

7th Scene:
    -Cap is in modified War Machine armor and confronts Tony. They have a monster brawl. Rogers basically wants Tony to admit what Captain Universe said was true- that the Avengers Machine was all a smokescreen and Tony lied about its creation. He beats down Tony,(who catches the shield in his face!) and gets him to admit that to be the case. But then tony rebuts with that he wouldnt have done it any differently. Blasts Rogers in the face and .... a helicarrier falls on them!

Kev Walker was amazing in this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Sometimes I think he's a little too cartoony, but in general I like him and I liked his art here. A little jarring when juxtaposed against Caselli's smoother lines, but whatever. Great story. Wrapped up everything that got going in Avengers #1

BANNED

I'm believing now that the IM in AND Avengers is 1610 Tony stark.

Yeah, I believe too, everything makes sense now. Be interesting how this all wraps up in Secret Wars. Well done, Jonathan Hickman, well done.
    Mooper Films

BANNED

Does Rogers regains his youth?

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Does Rogers regains his youth?
    No he's just in War Machine armor.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I... I just don't agree. His artwork is still not very good. It's far too cartoony and the quality dipped a lot during the fight scene at the end.

So what I'm getting at is that everything was for nought? Nothing was going to stop to the incursions? Everyone was doomed from the beginning? Everything we've read and seen happen was pointless because "everything dies"? What kind of story is that?!

Also, I called it. There was no ending for this comic. The story just stops. You want an ending? Go read Secret Wars and give us more money! Ugh.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 04-29-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I... I just don't agree. His artwork is still not very good. It's far too cartoony and the quality dipped a lot during the fight scene at the end.

So what I'm getting at is that everything was for nought? Nothing was going to stop to the incursions? Everyone was doomed from the beginning? Everything we've read and seen happen was pointless because "everything dies"? What kind of story is that?!

Also, I called it. There was no ending for this comic. The story just stops. You want an ending? Go read Secret Wars and give us more money! Ugh.
    Everything has been pointless thus far... but like you said, it's not the end of the story. It's like the ending of Empire Strikes Back. It's the end of the movie, but not REALLY the end... there's obviously more story to tell and it's sort of a given that the good guys will overcome all this and win in the end.

Hasn't that been obvious since they announced Secret Wars
    We need better comics

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Hasn't that been obvious since they announced Secret Wars
    Oh sure, but I was hoping for some sort of resolution or some sort of satisfying way to end this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Everything has been pointless thus far... but like you said, it's not the end of the story. It's like the ending of Empire Strikes Back. It's the end of the movie, but not REALLY the end... there's obviously more story to tell and it's sort of a given that the good guys will overcome all this and win in the end.
    Oh how I wish this was more like Empire Strikes Back.

But yeah... I'm still not impressed that everything has been utterly pointless in the story. None of that alternate Avengers stuff mattered (even though had four months devoted to it), neither did the Builders and Origin Sites, Pod didn't matter, Captain Universe didn't matter, Mapmakers and Black Priests didn't matter, Starbrand didn't matter, Smasher never mattered, Hyperion didn't matter, having characters commit genocide and destroy friendships were all for naught, the entire first half of Time Runs Out didn't matter.... so much pointlessness because everything dies.

But yeah... I'm still not impressed that everything has been utterly pointless in the story. None of that alternate Avengers stuff mattered (even though had four months devoted to it), neither did the Builders and Origin Sites, Pod didn't matter, Captain Universe didn't matter, Mapmakers and Black Priests didn't matter, Starbrand didn't matter, Smasher never mattered, Hyperion didn't matter, having characters commit genocide and destroy friendships were all for naught, the entire first half of Time Runs Out didn't matter.... so much pointlessness because everything dies.
    Black Swan did say all along that the wheel shames everyone.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amazing Member

Oh sure, but I was hoping for some sort of resolution or some sort of satisfying way to end this comic.

That was the whole point, that everything dies, it's always been the story.

Fantastic Member

So how would you have told the story? Everything was going to end from the beginning. This is a story about how the heroes handle a situation where there really was no chance for saving everything. What makes the story matter any less than the thousands of stories where the heroes save the day? I know I've been entertained throughout the whole run so to me they mattered. As for Secret Wars; It's really just an extension of the story Hickman has been telling the whole time so it could be viewed that way or it could be viewed as a separate event that you have to buy. I know I would buy 8 or whatever it is more issues of Avengers and New Avengers so buying secret wars doesn't bother me in the least. Lastly all the characters etc you bring up could be involved in secret wars.
    Last edited by chaosfist; 04-29-2015 at 03:56 PM.

It's good emotion you're showing there. It's the sort of response this sort of sudden ending of everything should elicit. It is horrible, and the only response is that life is pointless.

But then there is Battleworld. Life isn't all pointless, because some mirror reflections of what happened in the Multiverse isn't going away. Sure, seeing two planets crash into each other is going to be traumatic to all the people living on them, because their stories will end, or so they think. The White Heat of destruction will fry each and everyone and ...........