Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rukkis View Post
    The hellicarriers bombing NY in the last panel were from the Ultimate U, right? That was my first impression but on 2nd read I thought maybe they were Reed and company trying to save Tony to bring him on the lifeboat.
    Yeah. That was the UU's helicarriers.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Kev Walker was amazing in this issue.
    I... I just don't agree. His artwork is still not very good. It's far too cartoony and the quality dipped a lot during the fight scene at the end.

So what I'm getting at is that everything was for nought? Nothing was going to stop to the incursions? Everyone was doomed from the beginning? Everything we've read and seen happen was pointless because "everything dies"? What kind of story is that?!

Also, I called it. There was no ending for this comic. The story just stops. You want an ending? Go read Secret Wars and give us more money! Ugh.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 04-29-2015 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I... I just don't agree. His artwork is still not very good. It's far too cartoony and the quality dipped a lot during the fight scene at the end.

So what I'm getting at is that everything was for nought? Nothing was going to stop to the incursions? Everyone was doomed from the beginning? Everything we've read and seen happen was pointless because "everything dies"? What kind of story is that?!

Also, I called it. There was no ending for this comic. The story just stops. You want an ending? Go read Secret Wars and give us more money! Ugh.
    Everything has been pointless thus far... but like you said, it's not the end of the story. It's like the ending of Empire Strikes Back. It's the end of the movie, but not REALLY the end... there's obviously more story to tell and it's sort of a given that the good guys will overcome all this and win in the end.

Hasn't that been obvious since they announced Secret Wars
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Hasn't that been obvious since they announced Secret Wars
    Oh sure, but I was hoping for some sort of resolution or some sort of satisfying way to end this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Everything has been pointless thus far... but like you said, it's not the end of the story. It's like the ending of Empire Strikes Back. It's the end of the movie, but not REALLY the end... there's obviously more story to tell and it's sort of a given that the good guys will overcome all this and win in the end.
    Oh how I wish this was more like Empire Strikes Back.

But yeah... I'm still not impressed that everything has been utterly pointless in the story. None of that alternate Avengers stuff mattered (even though had four months devoted to it), neither did the Builders and Origin Sites, Pod didn't matter, Captain Universe didn't matter, Mapmakers and Black Priests didn't matter, Starbrand didn't matter, Smasher never mattered, Hyperion didn't matter, having characters commit genocide and destroy friendships were all for naught, the entire first half of Time Runs Out didn't matter.... so much pointlessness because everything dies.

But yeah... I'm still not impressed that everything has been utterly pointless in the story. None of that alternate Avengers stuff mattered (even though had four months devoted to it), neither did the Builders and Origin Sites, Pod didn't matter, Captain Universe didn't matter, Mapmakers and Black Priests didn't matter, Starbrand didn't matter, Smasher never mattered, Hyperion didn't matter, having characters commit genocide and destroy friendships were all for naught, the entire first half of Time Runs Out didn't matter.... so much pointlessness because everything dies.
    Black Swan did say all along that the wheel shames everyone.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Amazing Member

Oh sure, but I was hoping for some sort of resolution or some sort of satisfying way to end this comic.

Oh how I wish this was more like Empire Strikes Back.

That was the whole point, that everything dies, it's always been the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Black Swan did say all along that the wheel shames everyone.
    Even the readers?

Quote Originally Posted by celeherald View Post
    That was the whole point, that everything dies, it's always been the story.
    I mean, that line has been getting used the entire time, even before the run started. Why did everyone believe there would be someone other outcome.

And I love how they resolved the "One is Life, one is Death" thing. It was Tony's show all along, to the detriment of everyone involved.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Black Panther is truely the ultimate *******.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid View Post
    Black Panther is truely the ultimate *******.
    Fail to see how considering that everybody sold out his nation and now wants his help. He was just brutally honest.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Fail to see how considering that everybody sold out his nation and now wants his help. He was just brutally honest.
    Exactly. They weren't going to save them anyway, might as well teach em a final lesson beforehand.

If you play with "ends justify the means", be willing to deal with it when it comes around.

Wakanda got it via the Cabal, the rest of the world can get it too.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Why is the UU willing to fight for survival but 616just gave up

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Why is the UU willing to fight for survival but 616just gave up
    Because The Cabal lied about this being a way out when there is no way out by blowing up another planet.

Even the readers?
    Yes, the wheel is a metaphor for the weekly Wednesday grind. That just goes on and on, but in the end it does not really matter.