Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

"Everything dies." Then just get on with it Hickman. Don't waste YEARS meandering about pointlessly only to end up back here, it's boring and annoying. What a complete and utter waste of time. Also, Tony's a dick, Cap is awesome with his righteous anger and blah blah blah blah." Real original there Marvel.

As for the story itself, Hickman had a great Avengers run but it's over now and im really, really ready for the hero in-fighting to be over. It's time to see our heroes assemble and overcome once more.

so did tony decapitate steve at the end? because that's what it looks like. how gruesome.

Still not sure what Tony's 'secret' is meant to have been here. Did he somehow know from the beginning there was no way of winning? If so how? And what would him saying there was nothing to be done have changed? It's not like they would have just given up any attempt to stop the incursions because Tony said so.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    Still not sure what Tony's 'secret' is meant to have been here. Did he somehow know from the beginning there was no way of winning? If so how? And what would him saying there was nothing to be done have changed? It's not like they would have just given up any attempt to stop the incursions because Tony said so.
    Yeah. Supposedly the secret was he always knew that everything was going to fail but didn't tell anybody. It was rather weak.

Actually LIKES comics!

Quote Originally Posted by shgs View Post
    He's the futurist. Plus, I'm not sure about the timing of this but, the moment he saw The Living Tribunal dead, he knew. HE KNEW!

Of course he's no Doom ...

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    Exactly. They weren't going to save them anyway, might as well teach em a final lesson beforehand.

If you play with "ends justify the means", be willing to deal with it when it comes around.

Wakanda got it via the Cabal, the rest of the world can get it too.
    The only lessen T'challa taught them was "don't leave Thanos in your basement ... it might cone back to haunt you."

T'challa has no high ground here. He and his crew were willing to blow up entire planets for the same reasons the UN decided not to aide Wakanda. In THIS regard at least the Illuminati were no better than the UN. It's not like the UN realistically can do anything about Thanos anyways.

t'challa was absolutely insufferable this issue. i wish someone would push him off a stair while he exits the white house.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

This story has been one of my favorites. Very pleased with the run and ready for the conclusion that is "Secret Wars". So epic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tigris View Post
    He's the futurist. Plus, I'm not sure about the timing of this but, the moment he saw The Living Tribunal dead, he knew. HE KNEW!

Of course he's no Doom ...
    It doesn't explain why the Ilumanti, Rhodey, etc wanted nothing to do with him. Everybody acted like he was a threat to them all.

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    It doesn't explain why the Ilumanti, Rhodey, etc wanted nothing to do with him. Everybody acted like he was a threat to them all.
    Is Stark still inverted? If so that's pretty good reason not to trust him.

inverted or no, people should have stopped trusting tony a long time ago. the psychopath just blew steve rogers head off his body for trying to bring him in. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The only lessen T'challa taught them was "don't leave Thanos in your basement ... it might cone back to haunt you."

T'challa has no high ground here. He and his crew were willing to blow up entire planets for the same reasons the UN decided not to aide Wakanda. In THIS regard at least the Illuminati were no better than the UN. It's not like the UN realistically can do anything about Thanos anyways.
    That's false. Their unwillingness is the reason Namor joined the Cabal.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    That's false. Their unwillingness is the reason Namor joined the Cabal.
    How is that false? T'challa was the one that pulled the trigger in the Latveria incursion. The bottom line is the Illuminati used the same slippery slope the UN used.... and I don't entirely fault it because it made sense.

What I do fault is T'Challa faulting the UN for what happened to Wakanda when frankly that was more his fault than theirs. And it's not like the UN could have done anything about Thanos even if they tried so I don't really know what he expects here.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    How is that false? T'challa was the one that pulled the trigger in the Latveria incursion. The bottom line is the Illuminati used the same slippery slope the UN used.... and I don't entirely fault it because it made sense.

What I do fault is T'Challa faulting the UN for what happened to Wakanda when frankly that was more his fault than theirs. And it's not like the UN could have done anything about Thanos even if they tried so I don't really know what he expects here.
    It was a dead world. They didn't sacrifice anyone. It's false because books have words and the words stated as much.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum