Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Possible Justice League reference in last night's Flash?

In last night's episode of the Flash, Barry and the others stumble upon Well's secret room with Gideon the computer. Who proceeds to tell Barry that he will be a founding member of something just before she is cut off. Could this be a reference to the Justice League? And if so, is this an acknowledgement of other heroes like Superman and Batman? We know Waynetech exists in that universe because the paper makes a reference to it. But so far, neither Arrow or Flash has acknowledged the existence of either Gotham or Metropolis. There is some rumors the new Supergirl show will take place in the same universe as Arrow and Flash but CBS is dragging their feet about whether or not they will commit to this idea.

penetrator of things

The official CW Flash twitter people posted this teaser before the episode aired:

hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

I caught that too. It certainly seems like that's what they were going for. Plus the newspaper is a nice reference to Infinite Crisis. So you'd need a JL in that kind of environment. I've heard rumors that there will be a Smallville crossover at some point as well. Not sure on the details, as it's just a rumor so far. Though that could tie into implying that one day Barry will be working alongside Clark and Bruce. They may not show it on the actual tv show, but they could imply that's where Barry is heading.

Retired

"Founding member of the Justice Smith Fan Club--Central City Chapter."

CW had a live action JL before so hopefully we see one again.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 04-29-2015 at 10:36 AM.

BANNED

Worth noting the show stopped before saying "Justice".

I like to say that the TV version is going to be the Justice Society and the movie will be Justice League.

I think that's absolutely what they were referring to. But I was more excited about the paper referring to GREEN Arrow rather than just The Arrow. I don't remember where I saw that though. Some screen grab somewhere?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    I think that's absolutely what they were referring to. But I was more excited about the paper referring to GREEN Arrow rather than just The Arrow. I don't remember where I saw that though. Some screen grab somewhere?

Stephen Amell already confirmed that he would be called Green Arrow at some point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I caught that too. It certainly seems like that's what they were going for. Plus the newspaper is a nice reference to Infinite Crisis. So you'd need a JL in that kind of environment. I've heard rumors that there will be a Smallville crossover at some point as well. Not sure on the details, as it's just a rumor so far. Though that could tie into implying that one day Barry will be working alongside Clark and Bruce. They may not show it on the actual tv show, but they could imply that's where Barry is heading.
    Except that Smallville had it's own version of Green Arrow so that might make things a little more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post

Stephen Amell already confirmed that he would be called Green Arrow at some point anyway.
    Green Arrow AND a Hawkgirl? 'Scuse me while I pick the pieces of my head off the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post

I think we're all missing the big bombshell there, Hawkgirl!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Except that Smallville had it's own version of Green Arrow so that might make things a little more difficult.
    Never saw Smallville, how was their Green Arrow?

Pretty decent. He was very much a Batman stand in though and the creators never tried to hide it. They even did an origin episode for him on the island and everything. Him and Lex were frenemies when they were kids. Him and Lois used to have a relationship. Typical TV drama stuff. I think the actor who played him is on a soap opera now.
    Last edited by superduperman; 04-29-2015 at 11:44 AM.

From what I remember of the article (have to see if I can find it again), the plot conceit was that Barry goes back in time and changes something. So when he comes back to present day, he's essentially in an alternate timeline/dimension. Not sure if it will actually happen, but that was the rumor.

Also, glad to see more of DCs heroes showing up. I like Ray Palmer/The Atom on Arrow. They did say they were building a television universe for DC. So it's fun to see it all playing out. It's also very cool that Barry built his own AI.

Edit: Turns out it was just a rumor. The person who wrote the original article discovered that his source was inaccurate. So no crossover with Smallville. He posted a retraction. Oh well.
    Last edited by manduck37; 04-29-2015 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

Green Arrow AND a Hawkgirl? 'Scuse me while I pick the pieces of my head off the floor!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think we're all missing the big bombshell there, Hawkgirl!
    We already knew Hawkgirl was coming. She's part of the cast for Legends of Tomorrow and she's rumored to appear in the Flash finale.

Never saw Smallville, how was their Green Arrow?
    He gets a lot of hate for some reason but I loved him. He was witty, charming, and badass. He had a great suit and some of the episodes that spotlighted him were spectacular. Unfortunately he made his identity public around season 9 which kind of ruined any chances of seeing him in costume after that but he still was a lovable guy.

Retired

I thought it was cleverer that Gideon was stopped short before she could say "Justice League of America." But I also thought this was a work-around. They could suggest the Justice League (the same with the big wall art in CCPD) without actually identifying the Justice League. So they don't run afoul of a WB embargo on using the JLA (I'm guessing), but they still can make the association.