Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Clever? I thought it was utter garbage and I'm so sick of embargo and attempts of cute suggestions. I HATE IT. Just have some freaking balls and be like, yeah, you'll build the Justice league, also their are guys named bruce wayne and Superman.

Do they think we are going to stop watching these shows if they do it, I believe in my heart they think that. Oh no! We have a movie coming come out, we don't want people to be confused. Because God help us as comic fans, we could NEVER figure out how this stuff is suppose to work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by big_boss View Post
    Clever? I thought it was utter garbage and I'm so sick of embargo and attempts of cute suggestions. I HATE IT. Just have some freaking balls and be like, yeah, you'll build the Justice league, also their are guys named bruce wayne and Superman.

Do they think we are going to stop watching these shows if they do it, I believe in my heart they think that. Oh no! We have a movie coming come out, we don't want people to be confused. Because God help us as comic fans, we could NEVER figure out how this stuff is suppose to work.
    Someone forgot to drink their cranberry juice...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

From what I understand, they're only allowed to use certain characters. At least, that was the way it worked on Smallville. They weren't allowed to use Batman or Bruce, for instance. The excuse being that because they were making the movies, the license was tied up. Of course this didn't stop them from having at least three separate cartoons with Batman in them on the air during that time. And they could use Clark Kent in the movies. I think there is also the fear that if they acknowledge they exist in the same universe as Superman and Batman, there would be pressure to put this particular Flash or this particular Green Arrow in the movies. Or give them their own shows. The Supergirl show is in a legal limbo as to whether or not it will take place in the same universe as Flash and Arrow. Acknowledging Superman or Batman directly might throw that into question if CBS says no.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Someone forgot to drink their cranberry juice...
    Uh no, since about 2000, A.K.A. 15 FREAKING YEARS, we've been doing this ridiculous song and dance around the bushes because of embargos and other garbage.

I don't understand the license stuff, Arrow and Flash are both WB television produced, AND WE'LL ALSO HAVE A DANG FLASH MOVIE LIKELY DURING FLASH SHOW. I mean DC and WB are working both the movies AND the shows together are they not? So what's the hold up? I can maybe see a situation where FOX being like "Since we have Gotham, we'd like exclusive rights to use Bruce Wayne and Batman Characters on our network" But more often than not, it's usually NEVER been this kind of conflict. Who oversaw Smallville? WB. Who oversaw Batman Begins? WB. You don't want to even show freaking Bruce in Smallville, fine, that's okay. BUT MY GOSH, on the 3rd to last episode, we have a main character DIRECTLY reference meeting "A billion dollar play boy with gadgets" and "A wonderous gal who will throw you for a loop". Who would freaking die if she just said, Batman and Wonder Woman? What is there to lose, what is the problem. Why does WB INSIST on limiting themselves like this and in turn, ruin our experience? I understand that there maybe some complications with CBS and CBS (but Lord help me, they better say superman more than once in that dang show or at least Clark kent).

I just wish they would allow us to have a more open experience with the characters we love instead of being like "NO MATTER WHAT, DON'T SAY SUPERMAN, DON'T SAY BATMAN, DON'T SAY WONDER WOMAN OR WE ARE SCREWED" Don't want to show them fine, but at least say their stinking names.

Astonishing Member

Its not a legal issue...because everything falls under the WB umbrella anyway. But yeah, this supposed 'embargo' is annoying.

I can understand NOT wanting Superman and Batman to appear in the CW verse. But censoring the name 'Justice League' makes no sense...if it was 'censorship'.

Also, lets face it...they can use the name 'Justice League' or they can't but that's clearly where they're heading with all the heroes being introduced. You can't have Flash, Green Arrow, Atom and Hawkgirl working together and claim that its NOT a 'Justice League'!

But it's embargo... or tease?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

According to John Wesley Shipp (Barry's dad) the Supergirl series will exist in the same universe as Arrow and Flash. And Superman will apparently be appearing on that show or at least referenced directly by name so... By extension don't Superman and Metropolis exist in this universe anyway?
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    According to John Wesley Shipp (Barry's dad) the Supergirl series will exist in the same universe as Arrow and Flash. And Superman will apparently be appearing on that show or at least referenced directly by name so... By extension don't Superman and Metropolis exist in this universe anyway?
    I wouldn't give this guy any more attention. He's furious for literally the silliest reasons ever. But yeah, I believe Superman will have some role on the show (either on screen or off screen) and it's rumored that Lois Lane could appear if it gets a series order. We'll find out next month.

Spectacular Member

Dude, what are you even saying right now? Are you seriously angry because they didn't say Justice League? That's a bad look fam. Seriously, get some fresh air or something, maybe get a job, meet a girl, etc.
    If you don't like my post then ignore me or don't read them, I don't know what your problem is. I'm not angry, but I'm annoyed every time DC pulls this card for 15 years. If you would actually stop trying to impress people by acting tough on the internet and read my post and think about it, you would have understood that. I just want the people who created these characters to stop acting like they can't even talk about their own characters in their own shows.

And I have a job and wife for your information.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    CBS is sort of walking that back or at least downplaying it. An executive there isn't too happy that the show isn't even on the air yet but fans are already asking for them to team up with another network. So I can see why they haven't acknowledged Superman yet if this deal is still in the works. The problem with comic book stuff is that the fans tend to get ahead of the executives in terms of things they'd like to see. We saw this with Constantine. People were wondering if it took place in the same universe as Arrow before it even got off the ground. And then there is the movie universe.

I'd rather they not. It isn't a question about them having the balls for it. Should Barry really know about the Justice League before the League even exists. It was just a cute thing for us fans since we know Barry's future.

BANNED

If you don't like my post then ignore me or don't read them, I don't know what your problem is. I'm not angry, but I'm annoyed every time DC pulls this card for 15 years. If you would actually stop trying to impress people by acting tough on the internet and read my post and think about it, you would have understood that. I just want the people who created these characters to stop acting like they can't even talk about their own characters in their own shows.

And I have a job and wife for your information.
    No one's trying to act tough and no one's trying to impress people. I'm not trying to argue with you or be mean to you but you're furious for the stupidest reason ever. You're mad because DC teases stuff instead of outright saying what they are. It's one thing to be a little ticked off about it or disappointed but you're actually psychopathic about it. It's like DC Entertainment burned your house down or something. I mean Jesus dude don't take it personally but there's nothing wrong with teasing. If you know what they're referencing that should be enough. I mean I'd totally understand it if you said "man, I wish DC had just said Justice League instead of teasing it". Yes! We would all agree! But you have reached full on psycho babble that no one can understand. You're furious! Like I said, it's a bad look, and immature. I just don't understand where this intense anger is coming from because it's such a small thing. Do you strangle the grocer when they give you a free sample instead of the full meal? I mean come on man this is just silly.

There is also the case of not knowing if Supergirl will be any good. I'm sure people involved would at least like to see how the first few episodes are received before making such a huge decision as to whether it's linked with the other shows. If it comes out of the gate to the success and quality Flash had then we're likely to hear something sooner rather then later. CBS would be crazy not to capitalize on that success and the success CW has been having. By that time the push for Batman v Superman should be strong. If it sucks though then they've dodged a bullet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeoStar9X View Post
    There is also the case of not knowing if Supergirl will be any good. I'm sure people involved would at least like to see how the first few episodes are received before making such a huge decision as to whether it's linked with the other shows. If it comes out of the gate to the success and quality Flash had then we're likely to hear something sooner rather then later. CBS would be crazy not to capitalize on that success and the success CW has been having. By that time the push for Batman v Superman should be strong. If it sucks though then they've dodged a bullet.
    It doesn't even have a series order yet, just a pilot. We won't find out if it's going to be an actual show until May 13th. Some of the actors involved with the production said it felt like they were shooting a movie.

It doesn't even have a series order yet, just a pilot. We won't find out if it's going to be an actual show until May 13th. Some of the actors involved with the production said it felt like they were shooting a movie.
    If it doesn't get picked up, think we can still get a look at the pilot?