Default Help a Canadian find a Online Store!

Hello CBR Forums. What is up?

Long story short: I just began collecting comics, for fun, because I always had been a comic reader (Lucky Luke, Snoopy, Tintin, Astérix, etc.) while I was young. Then, I discovered the Marvel/DC comics and now I am a fan of Deadpool and I wish to collect lots of his comics.

However, I can't find a CANADIAN online store which will have a big inventory for my needs. I found many many US website like Midtown for example, but they charge an astonishing shipping price. I know it's USPS's fault but $27 for a single issue from Midtown is pure craziness in my humble opinion.

So, I am looking for online stores, with updated inventories, back issues, etc. so I can fill my needs in comics, without leaving an arm and a leg for them to ship it to Québec, Canada.

I found EverythingComics and Happy Harbor (this one doesn't have shipping price before you confirm the order, so I am not a fan of...) so far.

Any suggestions?

Since English isn't my mother tongue, I wish I could shop online, easily, without having to phone to place my orders.

I am waiting for your inputs, in hope you guys can help!

Have a nice day!

Dan

https://www.expertcomics.com/ - I believe they are located in Quebec.

http://www.allnewcomics.com/

Is that it?

We have no other good online stores in Canada...?

Are you determined to have physical copies of the books? It sounds like going digital would make your life easier.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Kaletar

You could actually go to a store and order some stock that they don't have in their inventory.

My favorite store is La boite à BD on Dagenais (Laval). Otherwise there is BD Cosmos on St-Martin (also laval) which carries a good amount of Marvel.

If you really want online, I did order from mycomicshop.com which had reasonable shipping (15$ for about 20 comics which isn't that bad).

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Are you determined to have physical copies of the books? It sounds like going digital would make your life easier.
    Yes I want the physical copy. Collecting digital files, in my opinion, is ... boring

Quote Originally Posted by Kaletar View Post
    You could actually go to a store and order some stock that they don't have in their inventory.

My favorite store is La boite à BD on Dagenais (Laval). Otherwise there is BD Cosmos on St-Martin (also laval) which carries a good amount of Marvel.

If you really want online, I did order from mycomicshop.com which had reasonable shipping (15$ for about 20 comics which isn't that bad).
    I am in Saguenay, so Laval is pretty far from home. But thanks for the names of the stores, I'll see if we can do business by email or some sort of stuff...

I hope you find what you need. Welcome to CBR, Gunnar.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I hope you find what you need. Welcome to CBR, Gunnar.
    Thanks for your kind words!

I hope to find what I need too!

Salut Gunnar!

I have the same problem, and never did satisfactorily find a good online store with great shipping. I didn't mine NewKadia.com. They aren't in Canada, but you can get Canadian prices, and I think I remember the shipping being reasonable (but I might be misremembering).

There's also Comics Detective, but I don't know their shipping rates. http://www.comicdetective.com/index.html

As an alternative, perhaps make a point to visit bigger comic book shops whenever you visit larger cities? I'm closer to Ottawa, and the store I go to is good for preordering, but bad for just browsing for older material (and the other Ottawa stores are too expensive). So whenever I'm in Toronto, I make a point to visit the various stores that are on Yonge Street (as well as a large BMV retailer on Bloor Street) that have good selections and decent prices.

And then, be sure to go to Conventions. The Ottawa one is in a week, and all the retailers in the region set up booths with great selection, and some are pretty cheap.

So, in conclusion, the internet hasn't been great for issue collecting in Canada, but the retail market is still pretty good.

Bonne chance à trouver ce que vous cherchez

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Salut Gunnar!

I have the same problem, and never did satisfactorily find a good online store with great shipping. I didn't mine NewKadia.com. They aren't in Canada, but you can get Canadian prices, and I think I remember the shipping being reasonable (but I might be misremembering).

There's also Comics Detective, but I don't know their shipping rates. http://www.comicdetective.com/index.html

As an alternative, perhaps make a point to visit bigger comic book shops whenever you visit larger cities? I'm closer to Ottawa, and the store I go to is good for preordering, but bad for just browsing for older material (and the other Ottawa stores are too expensive). So whenever I'm in Toronto, I make a point to visit the various stores that are on Yonge Street (as well as a large BMV retailer on Bloor Street) that have good selections and decent prices.

And then, be sure to go to Conventions. The Ottawa one is in a week, and all the retailers in the region set up booths with great selection, and some are pretty cheap.

So, in conclusion, the internet hasn't been great for issue collecting in Canada, but the retail market is still pretty good.

Bonne chance à trouver ce que vous cherchez
    Merci de tes infos :-) Très apprécié!