Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What's the standard procedure for deceased androids?
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Quote Originally Posted by xMatt View Post
    What's the standard procedure for deceased androids?
    Androids don't have any rights in the Marvel Universe. It has been shown they can be summarily executed.

Just because they're not recognised by the law, doesn't necessarily mean they don't have souls or that they don't exist etc etc.

Just wondering, why did you bring up the point about the Avengers leaving Vision in pieces?

They could have built him back together again, but I don't really see the point in doing that. We don't sew limbs back onto human corpses when they're buried or burned, right? They probably thought it a fitting 'burial' for an android.
    My fan fiction:

The Outstanding, a fan fic Universe where Marvel characters and stories are reshaped, revised and retold. Check it out!

The Ultimate Flash, where I take inspiration from classic Silver-Age Comics of Barry Allen and the new CW TV Show to give an old character a new spin! Click here to read!

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away the Marvel and Star Wars Universe combine! Check out Marvel: Star Wars' first family, the Fantastic Four! Read it here!

Just because they're not recognised by the law, doesn't necessarily mean they don't have souls or that they don't exist etc etc.

Just wondering, why did you bring up the point about the Avengers leaving Vision in pieces?

They could have built him back together again, but I don't really see the point in doing that. We don't sew limbs back onto human corpses when they're buried or burned, right? They probably thought it a fitting 'burial' for an android.
    Vision wasn't dead after Avengers Disassembled, unlike a human corpse.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Androids don't have any rights in the Marvel Universe. It has been shown they can be summarily executed.
    Earth androids, maybe. And yet, Roberta the former Baxter Building receptionist has been emancipated from her work and now lives on her own, apparently with Reed's knowledge and approval.

The Mekkan alien race first encountered by Ben Grimm way back inherited the planet of their now-extinct humanoid Maarin creators, and they have rights as a race of their own.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It's the same issue with superheroes and mutants - unless we expect comic books to become direct reference, social justice and legal rights periodicals (which could be great) it isn't going to change any time soon.
    My fan fiction:

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    The story about Reed and Val was really heartwarming. Thank you, Jeff Parker.
    It was better than the entire Robinson run. The whole thing was very disappointing imo.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Vision wasn't dead after Avengers Disassembled, unlike a human corpse.
    We in fact know that he was dead like a human corpse. See Dead Avengers mini.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

They were all pretty good, for the limited space they had and what they were trying to accomplish. Loved Ben's, though. I think the line went something like "you really want to experience clobberin' time?" That was perfect.
    Yes! That was great. That story definitely had Ben's personality. I loved the expression, through the mask, of the thief looking at his partner, right after Ben said that. Also the look he gave his partner when he pulled a gun and called Ben a freak. Complete disbelief mixed with, "have you got a death wish?"

I think Sue's story was my least favorite, mainly because it all occurred in one place.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Yes! That was great. That story definitely had Ben's personality. I loved the expression, through the mask, of the thief looking at his partner, right after Ben said that. Also the look he gave his partner when he pulled a gun and called Ben a freak. Complete disbelief mixed with, "have you got a death wish?"

I think Sue's story was my least favorite, mainly because it all occurred in one place.
    Technically, Johnny's and Ben's stories occurred in one place, as well.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I also liked the Thing story because it basically boils down to something as simple as this: "Ben Grimm is a hero".

Such a simple mission statement and it worked so effectively.
    My fan fiction: