Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd love smaller stories. Tec is one thing, but they don't swing for the bleachers with the creative teams on that book. No offense to those creative teams, but who's working on Batman is always the big news. I'd love to see a big creative team do some basic batman work. TAS is great because nothing was trying to re define the mold, it was just telling good stories. I'd love something like that.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    I personally would like to see smaller story arches with some under used villans such as tweedle dee and tweedle dumb and manbat. I sort of miss these types of stories.
    Yeah, I miss those types of stories and the under used villains as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jules View Post
    Agreed. I've been spoiled by Grayson, with all its done-in-one stories. Now I've remembered how much I enjoyed them, back in the days when everything wasn't written for the trade but for the length the story actually needed to tell it.
    Me too. I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed a good done-in-one story until Grayson came along. Now I wish we would get those a bit more often then we do.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

I actually think the next writers should go bigger in a lot of ways. Snyder, as is being pointed out in another thread, has been reworking stories, which means he's largely writing largely in the lines of what's been done before. I think the next run needs to embrace big picture stuff, whether it be more fictional (fantasy, science fiction) or real (political thriller type stuff, for example).