Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Money! I saw an episode once out of curiosity years ago...mostly just some typical Pamela Anderson cheesecake. Alan Moore does a lot more hard core stuff than this. It actually got some decent reviews. I wonder if those stories about the dropped lawsuit were true about Stan and a lap dancer?
    It does make me wonder sometimes why creators like Alan Moore or independent creators seem to get a pass when it comes to the sexism topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Yeah, there is little sense in hating a hack writer who only has a career because he rides of the coat tails of talented directors that somehow make people forget the mountain of awful scripts he's done.

Now they are only hating because the person in charge with the Justice League -and wonder woman (and oh God, John Constantine)- proves once again that he knows jack shit about superheroes (or even goddamn story telling, did you hear that ''pitch''?) and believes one of the best female characters out there was just there to have some one boys fantazing about being the Hulk could jerk off to. What are the chances he thinks the same of, say... Captain Marvel, or Supergirl... or even Wonder Woman? pretty freaking high.

Oh yeah, you have to dig real hard to find a reason to hate David fucking Goyer, that lovable genius.
    Well, what's a script without a capable director to shape the overall film?

I liked BB and MoS.
    Doesn't mean I think he's a genius. Nor do I think the man should be absolutely hated for his other poor works, to the point the internet turns something as innocent as a single remark on a podcast into this sensationalism. Yes, I said innocent, because I understand the context of his words; where, when, and why he said it. It wasn't a serious remark.
    I grant Alvarez his point when he said Goyer's in the public eye, and his actions/words will be scrutinized, so he should have been more careful about what he said. But I think we can all agree that this case is particularly exaggerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I agree. She's also funny, comfortable with her sexuality, optimistic and joyful rather than angsty, works hard to balance the facets of her life, and is compassionate.

(I couldn't resist adding more boxes.)
    You're boxes are fine.