Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Probably sometime before any of that.
    If there's one thing I learned reading comics, it's to not worry too much about where everything fits in. Unless I want to go mad, that is.
    Definitely.

This might be what DC meant when they said they were going to focus less on continuity. The JL book will be doing one thing with Superman, and the Superman line will be doing "Truth."

Really enjoyed the League in this issue. Why can't they just be cool like this, all the time?

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

These last two issues have been great. JrJr draws a nice WW and Batman.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    These last two issues have been great. JrJr draws a nice WW and Batman.
    Other than that weird leg when he's firing the canon...

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Really enjoyed the League in this issue. Why can't they just be cool like this, all the time?
    Because that way leads to fun and camaraderie, and what's desired is distrust, division, and angst

I enjoyed this issue quite a bit. The Batman with a sense of humor who busts Superman's chops a little (like a true friend would). The involvement of the League as they try to figure out Superman's powers. It was all fun to read. I'm also glad that they implied that his powers gradually build back up after a flare, rather than just flipping back on like a light switch. I loved that the League went out to dinner together and had a few beers, relaxing together as friends. It was so refreshing. If JRJR ever wanted to do a Batman or Justice League book, based on this issue alone I'd read it in a heartbeat. I really enjoyed his lighter approach to the Superman book and Superman.

My one thing that bothered me was Clark talking about enjoying "feeling" human after a flare. It just doesn't make sense to me. He grew up essentially a normal kid in a normal family and didn't start to develop his powers until he was in his late teens/early twenties. So he would know what it's like to have the total human experience. It was a bit of a misstep, but the rest of the issue was fun.

Looks like we're seeing the seeds of Lois confirming his secret identity too.

Astonishing Member

Hm, imagine that Johns leaves and the characters start enjoying themselves.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Hm, imagine that Johns leaves and the characters start enjoying themselves.
    Strange, right?
    It's almost as if, to make a character feels human, having him grab a few beers with his friends works better than having a whole storyline about how utterly alone he is.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I enjoyed this issue quite a bit. The Batman with a sense of humor who busts Superman's chops a little (like a true friend would). The involvement of the League as they try to figure out Superman's powers. It was all fun to read. I'm also glad that they implied that his powers gradually build back up after a flare, rather than just flipping back on like a light switch. I loved that the League went out to dinner together and had a few beers, relaxing together as friends. It was so refreshing. If JRJR ever wanted to do a Batman or Justice League book, based on this issue alone I'd read it in a heartbeat. I really enjoyed his lighter approach to the Superman book and Superman.

My one thing that bothered me was Clark talking about enjoying "feeling" human after a flare. It just doesn't make sense to me. He grew up essentially a normal kid in a normal family and didn't start to develop his powers until he was in his late teens/early twenties. So he would know what it's like to have the total human experience. It was a bit of a misstep, but the rest of the issue was fun.

Looks like we're seeing the seeds of Lois confirming his secret identity too.
    Well actually this version was already super strong and invulnerable by the time he was 10 or so.. post crisis that was true he didn't gain his powers until his teens...but not the case with this version.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well actually this version was already super strong and invulnerable by the time he was 10 or so.. post crisis that was true he didn't gain his powers until his teens...but not the case with this version.
    I must be getting my versions jumbled. Though then again, just because he has super powers and doesn't need to do regular things like eat, that doesn't mean he can't. No reason Superman can't just go and get a burger or something with friends if he wants to. He can still taste.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    well the powers were gradual, they didn't hit him so strong.,

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Strange, right?
    It's almost as if, to make a character feels human, having him grab a few beers with his friends works better than having a whole storyline about how utterly alone he is.
    well Johns said that he only had JL, for sure JL is too busy to hang out with superman all the time
    Last edited by Blacksun; 05-01-2015 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    I must be getting my versions jumbled. Though then again, just because he has super powers and doesn't need to do regular things like eat, that doesn't mean he can't. No reason Superman can't just go and get a burger or something with friends if he wants to. He can still taste.
    I get what you are saying, and I agree. It was sloppy on jrjr's part, but it's not a big deal. This and Batman's characterization is a tad loopy...but it was a fun, entertaining story. Im willing to forgive a lot of small things if it meets that criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Because that way leads to fun and camaraderie, and what's desired is distrust, division, and angst
    Yeah because fun comics are for little kids only, amiright? I demand that they all should be in costume, scowling at each other, miserable because they are Superheroes. That is the only kind of stories, as an adult I am not ashamed to read.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Surprised that this isn't getting good reviews, I understand the criticisms but for JrJr first write job not too shabby.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I feel like the only way Superman books get good reviews is if A-list, popular writer [blank] gets assigned to the book. Oh well.