Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    Batman has the Hellbat armor
    There's still the risk in using it...and I think it was pretty damaged by the end of Robin Rises.

Hasn't yet explained if Darkseid's daughter was the one talking to Anti-Monitor at the end of Forever Evil.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So...the REAL sequel/anniversary of COIE and IC is going to be DARKSEID war and it's going to be self contained to JUSTICE LEAGUE. Interesting.

I find it interesting though that in the run down of various "CRISIS", FINAL CRISIS, which directly involved DARKSEID was ignored while ZERO HOUR which has little or no connection to either DARKSEID or ANTIMONITOR was mentioned. Curious. Did it just slip Johns' mind or was it omitted for a reason? I wonder...

Anyway, should be fun. I hope the references to the New52/Post-Flashpoint universe as being still in a state of instability means that this Mini-Crisis results in some of the lamer stuff that the New 52 inacted, like the silly "5 year" timeline be officially broomed in favor of a more-vague time frame, allowing for some more elements of Pre-FP continuity being "snuck in". (Wolfman/Perez era titans and Wally West anyone?).

What I do like is that between this and Convergence, it's clear everything Previous is definitely still Canon...it's just history keeps getting rejiggered....however it all still matters in the larger scheme of things...which makes this "old" fan happy.

Actually if anything what I'm gathering from all the meta in this issue is that nothing will be altered at all. Metron is pretty clear that the multiverse cannot handle this anymore. To me its almost like Johns is saying "we're done with the cosmic-style changes".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhenry86 View Post
    Hasn't yet explained if Darkseid's daughter was the one talking to Anti-Monitor at the end of Forever Evil.
    Its definitely her. Grail's last word bubble, where she says Death to Darkseid, has the same red border the voice had at the end of Forever Evil.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-29-2015 at 08:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Honestly would not mind spectre playing a role in this (he did take on COIE anti monitor) along with orion. I guess the new Justice League confirms that most of the higher powers weren't that affected by flashpoint since anti monitor knows about his COIE days.

Spectacular Member

It had to have some effect and I fully acknowledge a lack of knowledge here, but wasn't Darkseid dead since Final Crisis but alive again after Flashpoint? Help me out.

I'd love to see Spectre too but I think we need to keep the Characters involved here about where we have it, I feel we get too many guys and focus may suffer a little.

Here is who I'd expect to see play some kind of role and please comment if you think this list needs an addition or subtraction:

Superman
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Green Lantern (Hal)
    Jessica Jones
    Cyborg
    Batman
    Shazam
    Earth 3 Wonder Woman
    Lex Luthor
    Aquaman?
    Captain Cold
    Mr. Miracle
    Darkseid
    Grail
    Anti-Monitor
    Orion (probably)
    Metron
    Owlman
    Maybe Ultra-man?
    Possiby Kaibak leading hordes of Parademons

So stoked for this event!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    This is what I think the Justice League book should be. It's the biggest characters with the company's top writer, it SHOULD be essentially an event-level book every issue.

I think Justice League has been much improved in the New 52 over where it was beforehand: mawkish under Meltzer, editorially driven under McDuffie, a shell of itself under Robinson. They've definitely gotten back the "this book matters" feel.
    This! While I enjoyed the pre Flash Point Justice League book it really didn't have that "it matters" feel that the new 52 one does. The event style stories not only work, but I feel like they are better then actual event books. When you have teams like the Justice League or Avengers the stories need to be huge. It is great how many of the major changes brought into the new 52 happened in Justice League because that is the perfect book for it.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

If this event leads to Wonder Woman taking on more of a leadership role, I'm all for it. She's already Queen of the Amazons (for now) and the God of War. Being a leader really shouldn't be that much of a stretch for her. That's what makes her so wonderful.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With Grail being revealed as the Anti-Monitor's partner this time around, I wonder if symbolically Wonder Woman will kinda have to fight as an uneasy ally with Darkseid.
    I've had that thought too, Darkseid seems the more reasonable of the two albeit only slightly. Darkseid at least has enough sense to call a ceasefire with New Genesis, Anti-Monitor just destroys entire universes for kicks.

Begs the question what exactly AM wants from Darkseid, perhaps something to do with the Anti-Life equation?
    Last edited by Black_Adam; 04-30-2015 at 06:09 AM.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    I've had that thought too, Darkseid seems the more reasonable of the two albeit only slightly. Darkseid at least has enough sense to call a ceasefire with New Genesis, Anti-Monitor just destroys entire universes for kicks.

Begs the question what exactly AM wants from Darkseid, perhaps something to do with the Anti-Life equation?
    He wants to be freed from his role, he says he has no interest in destroying reality this time.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    He wants to be freed from his role, he says he has no interest in destroying reality this time.
    Yeah I know just wondering how exactly Darkseid is linked to "his role" and Earth-0 as well. I do like Anti-Monitor having a purpose that isn't complete annihilation of everything though.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Yeah I know just wondering how exactly Darkseid is linked to "his role" and Earth-0 as well. I do like Anti-Monitor having a purpose that isn't complete annihilation of everything though.
    I think Darkseid's life essence is some sort of ingredient to his plan to break free.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm sort of wondering if the Anti-Monitor and Grail might be secret lovers.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    So...the REAL sequel/anniversary of COIE and IC is going to be DARKSEID war and it's going to be self contained to JUSTICE LEAGUE. Interesting.

I find it interesting though that in the run down of various "CRISIS", FINAL CRISIS, which directly involved DARKSEID was ignored while ZERO HOUR which has little or no connection to either DARKSEID or ANTIMONITOR was mentioned. Curious. Did it just slip Johns' mind or was it omitted for a reason? I wonder...

Anyway, should be fun. I hope the references to the New52/Post-Flashpoint universe as being still in a state of instability means that this Mini-Crisis results in some of the lamer stuff that the New 52 inacted, like the silly "5 year" timeline be officially broomed in favor of a more-vague time frame, allowing for some more elements of Pre-FP continuity being "snuck in". (Wolfman/Perez era titans and Wally West anyone?).

What I do like is that between this and Convergence, it's clear everything Previous is definitely still Canon...it's just history keeps getting rejiggered....however it all still matters in the larger scheme of things...which makes this "old" fan happy.
    I feel final crisis was omitted because reality wasn't really altered there but threat to multiverse was still there, should have been included.

Mighty Member

I didn't care for how Wonder Woman was written at all in the first couple arcs of JL, but I think Johns' take on her was massively improved in Amazo Virus and I love how Fabok draws her. I'm definitely looking forward to her having an increased role in the book.