Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

That, and a sane Joker would probably have to go by an official name since, without the Joker look or breed of insanity, he wouldn't have a reason for the multiple choice past and could be recognized. I doubt DC would ever go that route. We're not supposed to know who Red Hood One really is.

I am curious to see how long Joker's "death" manages to last. Snyder will probably keep it permanent up until the end of his run, considering how much he's emphasized Endgame as his "last" Joker story, and leave it up to the next writer to do with it what they will. Maybe he'll address the idea that Joker always comes back in some form, even if it's not The Joker, like in the Detective Comics #27 story, but I don't see the actual Mr. J popping up again under Snyder and Capullo.

It would be nice to see Joker stay on the bench for at least a little while, maybe not too long though, so other Bat-villains can get more of a chance at the spotlight and someone has a really good idea for bringing him back.

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Then the problem is it just becomes a Joker rehash of Two-Face circa Hush to Face the Face. Or you know, Riddler circa Infinite Crisis to whenever Tony Daniel took over. Those are pretty damn fresh in the memory.
    Right, except this is the Joker. He won't be filling in for Bats, or opening a detective agency, now will he? (I know...I know...that was Dini. I honestly don't remember what Daniel did with Riddler. )

What *would* he do?

What would he be *allowed* to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That, and a sane Joker would probably have to go by an official name since, without the Joker look or breed of insanity, he wouldn't have a reason for the multiple choice past and could be recognized. I doubt DC would ever go that route. We're not supposed to know who Red Hood One really is.
    Sounds like a plot point to me if I ever heard one.

Does he remember his name? Should he choose a new one?

You guys are good at this.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Does he remember his name? Should he choose a new one?

You guys are good at this.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    Hee hee.

Can't see it past the bunny sir.
    Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah!

Generic condescending passive aggressive elitist statement.

We can do Joker stories without him being in them - y'know, until he's brought back

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Just read Death of a Family and Endgame this morning. I am so confused. Well not with the stories but what happens now? I see the new Batman and I saw the spoilers of who he is but I don't know how he fits into this. A Robo Batman? If anyone can clear this up for me I would like it.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    Just read Death of a Family and Endgame this morning. I am so confused. Well not with the stories but what happens now? I see the new Batman and I saw the spoilers of who he is but I don't know how he fits into this. A Robo Batman? If anyone can clear this up for me I would like it.
    Issue 41 comes out tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get some info on what's happened since the end of Endgame in there.

Issue 41 comes out tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get some info on what's happened since the end of Endgame in there.
    I know but where can I get a link to all of this? How we got here and who these people are? I was a part of the non 52. This whole new 52 stuff confuses me. Any wiki on all of this so I can catch up? I don't know what zero year is but its downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    I know but where can I get a link to all of this? How we got here and who these people are? I was a part of the non 52. This whole new 52 stuff confuses me. Any wiki on all of this so I can catch up? I don't know what zero year is but its downloading.
    1. Zero Year is the how Bruce became Batman in the New 52.

2. We don't know why Gordon's in the suit yet, other than there needs to be a Batman and Bruce isn't right now.

3. Who are you confused about? Gordon? Sawyer? Montoya? They were all around pre-Flashpoint.

4. Not at home so I can't provide you with links, but there are a number of wikis and sites out there that will catch you up on Batman in the New 52 timeline. Google is your friend. Plus if you've read Endgame you're at the present with everyone else.

1. Zero Year is the how Bruce became Batman in the New 52.

2. We don't know why Gordon's in the suit yet, other than there needs to be a Batman and Bruce isn't right now.

3. Who are you confused about? Gordon? Sawyer? Montoya? They were all around pre-Flashpoint.

4. Not at home so I can't provide you with links, but there are a number of wikis and sites out there that will catch you up on Batman in the New 52 timeline. Google is your friend. Plus if you've read Endgame you're at the present with everyone else.
    I guess I have two major questions. What's Pre-Flashpoint? And where did this new Gordon come from?

Edit: I read about Gordon on wiki and same with Flashpoint. I guess I am just not down with this new Batman idea. Ill give it a shot. Also no mention of Azrael in the new 52?
    Last edited by agentofthebat; 06-09-2015 at 12:25 PM.