Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    We already know (roughly) when Hickman is leaving the Avengers though. Too big a gap between Gillen ending Iron Man and Hickman ending the Avengers I think?
    We do? When's this happening? Do we have a full schedule on when Marvel titles are ending/switching creative teams?

I love Gillen's writing, but didn't care for the current Iron Man run, unfortunately. I'll probably go back eventually and grab them all when they're $1.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RawrJoey View Post
    We do? When's this happening? Do we have a full schedule on when Marvel titles are ending/switching creative teams?

I love Gillen's writing, but didn't care for the current Iron Man run, unfortunately. I'll probably go back eventually and grab them all when they're $1.
    Hickman (and I think Brevroot) have said that's when the Avengers run is ending. Getting news from a few creators, like Gillen and Hickman, doesn't mean a full schedule is available to fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    If true, expect Jason Aaron to leave Thor as well.
    Why would we expect that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Guggenheim.
    Thank you
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

I have really enjoyed some aspects of Gillen's run on Iron Man, but I'm not sure it ever quite lived up to my expectations. I do feel that this current rings of the Mandarin story is one of the stronger arcs of the book so far.

It will be interesting seeing what direction the book goes in now. I'd think a top-notch creative team could get sales to bump a bit.
    Check out my reviews at http://comicperday.blogspot.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Hickman (and I think Brevroot) have said that's when the Avengers run is ending. Getting news from a few creators, like Gillen and Hickman, doesn't mean a full schedule is available to fans.
    I just generally meant if someone compiled a list of when creators said they're ending their runs. That's great news though, the run has been a little dragged on if you ask me. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by RawrJoey View Post

The run isn't fantastic, but absolutely worth a dollar an issue.
    Check out my reviews at http://comicperday.blogspot.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Why would we expect that?
    It would fit the pattern.
    Pull List
    Avengers, Captain America, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Hulk, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, Uncanny X-Men
    Justice League, Action Comics, Superman, Detective Comics, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg

BANNED

Hopefully, Marvel will have Gillen take over Thor: GOT.

Please, Marvel?! Pretty please.

This is the only thing by Gillen that I didn't enjoy. So with that, I look forward to his next book because I will buy it.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel_Is View Post
    Hopefully, Marvel will have Gillen take over Thor: GOT.

Please, Marvel?! Pretty please.
    Anything that takes Aaron off Thor would NOT be a good thing as his run continues to be outstanding. Gillen on IM, not so much. It's been good enough to keep me with it but it never quite seemed to take off. That said, the current arc has been his best so it looks like he'll go out on a high note. Curious as to what his next Marvel project will be - and who'll be taking over IM.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 05-22-2014 at 12:59 PM.

His run has been slowly going downhill since the end of the first five issues. That said the last issue was really good. One thing Gillen got right was Tony's personality. Hopefully the next writer has that as well as great IM stories. A return to techno-thriller stuff would be great. Plus a shift away from the Iron Legion, its been done to death in the year since IM3.

I'd also like a return of Stark's stature and charisma in the Marvel U along with his wit and sarcasm. He can have both, ya know?

I reaaaally hope it's not Inhumanity related.

I'm guessing either Adj. X-Men or Avengers. Adj should be over soon, and if its Avengers, he probably needs quite a lot of time to work out the story. It's a major relaunch.

Astonishing Member

Probably for the best.

I think Remender on Captain America will probably be next to go.

The majority of the creative teams for Marvel NOW seem to have been really hastily assembled. The only major successes was probably the Aaron and Ribic Thor and Hickman's Avengers.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope this next round of musical chairs on writing assignments comes off better. Fraction left Fantastic Four early and really never got much traction on that title since it stayed stalled on the same story. I really couldn't get into Gillen's Iron Man. It's one of those titles you buy, read a few issues then don't get back to it. I even think some of the Avengers stories seemed to be in a holding pattern lately. I feel like when it was mandated to switch writers for the "Marvel Now" (or whatever it was) some were not as prepared for it as others.