Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    How often have people with practically zero film-making experience ever produced/directed anything that was even remotely Oscar-worthy?
    From Wiki: "Claremont initially did not view the comic book industry as the place where he would make his career, as he believed the dwindling readership to be a sign that the industry was dying, and found the material being published to be uninteresting.[10] Instead, when he began Bard College, he did so as a political theorist, studying acting and political theory,[6][12][13] and writing novels with the hope of becoming a director. His first professional sale was a prose story."

I would think that qualifies him at least a little bit? IA with ChronoRogue, Claremont is one of the main reasons for turning the X-Men around back in the day and without him I doubt there'd even BE any movies.

EDIT: The article got even better further in. "Claremont approached the job as a method actor, developing the characters by examining their motives, desires and individual personalities. This approach drew immediate positive reaction"
    Last edited by Spasticat; 05-22-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    My point is that the audience for movies and the audience for comic books are completely different.
    So because of that you don't think he'd do well? Joss Whedon has managed to do both and be successful. Claremont doesn't have TV experience, but he wouldn't be the first writer to cross mediums. Actually, now that I think about it, lots of of writers have crossed over between comics and TV. Film is harder, because of the amount of space, but eh. Claremont would just need someone to guide and reign him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Better for who?

If Claremont was in charge of the movies they wouldn't be releasing a 5th one and preparing for a 6th. But the few people left who read comics would have been thrilled with the first one.
    If it were so, that would mean it would have been a movie of extremely fine quality, not **** like Twilight or Hunger Games.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

There would be mind control, slavery, villains wanting to make Storm their queen, more mind control, more slavery, people introducing themselves in the middle of a fight, and yet more mind control and slavery.

It would also still be better than most of Marvel's films.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Claremont referring to Bendis as "another writer in the way" made my week.
    YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I admit that I may have let out a loud "SQUEE!" In my head when I read that.
    I Cracked up. It sadly may not be wise to do that on CC's part if he want's a team book. But that doesn't make what CC not true. CC is spot on.

Granted no writer is perfect, and some of CC's thoughts i don't agree with (Like Wolverine being with Jean. ugh.). Point is no writer is perfect, but CC is better than the majority.

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Exactly. Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto & Young!NaiveMystique? Barf.

Wolverine, Storm, Psylocke, Shadowcat, & Rogue. That's better.
    Don't forget, we'd also get Bishop, Nightcrawler and Gambit and a Phoenix saga with a Rachel cliff-hanger mid-credit!
    Best cast ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    If Lord Claremont was in charge of the X-Men Films, the Claremazons would be upgraded to be front and center, and the films would be Oscar worthy.
    QFT. We'd also get proper characterizations.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Claremont referring to Bendis as "another writer in the way" made my week.
    Yep, choked on my coffee here

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    If Lord Claremont was in charge of the X-Men Films, the Claremazons would be upgraded to be front and center, and the films would be Oscar worthy.
    Yassssssss!! QFT

BANNED

great now I have an image of McAvoy in leather waking up in Callisto's Bed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    From Wiki: "Claremont initially did not view the comic book industry as the place where he would make his career, as he believed the dwindling readership to be a sign that the industry was dying, and found the material being published to be uninteresting.[10] Instead, when he began Bard College, he did so as a political theorist, studying acting and political theory,[6][12][13] and writing novels with the hope of becoming a director. His first professional sale was a prose story."

I would think that qualifies him at least a little bit?
    No, it does not qualify him a little bit. I have always wanted to learn fencing, but that does not qualify me to fence on the Omympic team any more than Claremonty wanting to have become a director, but never actually having directed anything, qualifies him to make an Oscar-worthy film.

Mind Control. Probably a lot of Mastermind or Shadow King involved.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Mind control has already been done in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is to be the MCU Professor X and Moira MacTaggert competing with the MCU Hellfire Club of recruiting members of the Mutant race, training them in mastering their abilities and forming a super hero/villain team.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Mind control has already been done in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It is to be the MCU Professor X and Moira MacTaggert competing with the MCU Hellfire Club of recruiting members of the Mutant race, training them in mastering their abilities and forming a super hero/villain team.
    That was X-men: First Class, from Fox's X-men. The X-men haven't been introduced in the MCU. They do, however, have space sharks confirmed appearing in the next Thor film! Go space sharks!

BANNED

X-Men: First Class, achieved a certain degree of success though.

BANNED

What of CC bringing the Sage character front and center in X-MEN movies..