Page 646 of 820 FirstFirst ... 146546596636642643644645646647648649650656696746 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,690 of 12295

So it's Betsy white yet?

I'm personally fine with it because the story that led to Betsy being Asian always made me feel uncomfortable and unwilling to really give her much time.

Ultimate Member

Isn't that Uncanny roster just temporary in conjunction with the next big event and then it'll change, though as for Betsy I'd think that a bigger thing for her than anything with Jean would be her interacting with Warren again...though still a fan of the Asian Betsy and the timing of the change is very odd...

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbox View Post
    Nope. I'm a Black woman. Does that invalidate my opinion as a fan for almost my whole life? Sorry if it does. I've also never seen an outcry against this from the AsAm comic fan community. This is kinda of an inversion of the Iron Fist thing they had rallied around a few years back: now another white character is a skilled martial artist along with Danny Rand, Elektra, Taskmaster, Daredevil, Bullseye, Black Widow etc. I'd prefer if they just took her back to being bad at combat since she learned those skills from bonding with the remnants of Kwannon's psyche.

Looking forward to everyone changing their display pic since they're so thrilled with the alterations lol. Plenty of Outback era panels to grab from.
    It doesn’t invalidate your opinion at all. I was just curious.

Since it’s seems like I’m the only one campaigning

E4688498-3AA8-4A70-8F94-7F39452EDCC7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Morrison didn’t have them around each other much. If you go back to the run, Jean and Emma barely fought alongside each other. It was really only the Shiar arc with a Nova. I think a better example would be X-men v4 with Betsy, Rachel and M
    That could be true. I guess I always think of them during the Quiet issue when they were in Xavier's brain and it being one of my favorite X-men issues ever. That trio also worked great together though.

I saw someone ask Zub awhile back if he had anymore plans for Psylocke but he said his x-work as of Mystery #4 is pretty much done. He said Jordan White would be the person to make noise to if you wanted more of him. I liked the way he wrote Betsy and her inner monologuing during issue 1 so I'd be down for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Thank you for reaching out. I don't do the Twitter thing. It took me forever to finally break down and sign up for Instagram just this year.

Anyway, in regards to avatar changes as a poster mentioned earlier, I'd love to change my avatar but a pompous, loling Monet is just too fun for me.

As for the comment about Betsy and Warren interacting. At first I was like OMG where is Warren?! What's gonna happen with him and Betsy?! But when I think about it more, I'm kinda so over it. I want her to get over her body issues and for him to get over his Apocalypse issues. They've both been trapped in the same vicious cycle for years. Once they move on, then they can get back together. Until then, I'm tired of it and need new, fresh stories. The End.

Regarding the topic of multiple telepaths in one book, Morrison still had great ideas in how to find creative uses for them other than psi-blasts.

Spectacular Member

Nerd rage incoming

I have been a fan of Psylocke since seeing her in the Marvel Superheroes arcade game when I was a child. I had my mom buy me the toy that had her sword light up. I drew her, I bought every game she appeared in, and sought out comics that she played a major role in. I didn't learn about her past until I started looking X-Men up on the internet and while I did find it weird, I chalked it up to comics being comics. In the past 15 years, the character has died, been resurrected, sucked into an alternate reality, plucked back to 616, plugged into her original body, transferred back, had her original body destroyed, faced a wraith that looked like original body etc. Literally ANY of those times would have been fine to take her back to square one if they felt so inclined. But instead, we get that slapped together in a weird miniseries. Like!? This comes 2 years after having a small role as an antagonist in a Summer blockbuster and like 2 days after making her a playable ninja in Future Fight. Water u dewin!? It's not like she was constantly speaking in haiku and lounging in kimonos, embodying some full on stereotype.

I'm taking this decision comes hot off the trail of ScarJo/Ghost in The Shell and Tilda Swinton/Doctor Strange but instead of acknowledging those faux pas, this is kind of doing the same thing: taking a recognizable Asian face and replacing it with a white one. 27 years of ink, pixels, figurines, animation cels, and casting calls thrown aside lol. At least she'll make the Guinness World Record for THE most confusing comic book heroine ever conceived. Here's hoping that since they changed Blink and Domino for live action projects, they don't feel the need to cast a white actress should she ever appear in anything in the future. Sheesh.

It feels so weird to feel this strongly about this but imagine they made Beast human again: yeah, thats how he started but any fan younger than 60 didn't grow up with that being their hero.

(Also the costume is trash garbaj. Dodson and Yu can't even seem to agree on what the shoulders are supposed to look like.)
    This is exactly my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Regarding the topic of multiple telepaths in one book, Morrison still had great ideas in how to find creative uses for them other than psi-blasts.
    Good point. I think the issue is less that we have multiple telepaths in a book but rather that the writers tend to not be very creative with how characters use their powers. If I see another book with Lightning Lass instead of Storm I swear...
    Last edited by TurboTaj; 08-15-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Quick question: would you guys like for her to keep the other psychic weapons in her new old body?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

You're not alone,he must be bombarded with questions such as this if his tweet on the 13th means anything.

But good job,Christopher!

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Quick question: would you guys like for her to keep the other psychic weapons in her new old body?
    psychic weapons seem pointless if they are just TP and not TK. The only weapons Id like to see is the psy-knife and katana bc those are so iconic with her. The other stuff she's done can go away with the TK (which I hope is gone)

Someone may have already posted this but:

Do we even know if the person in that body is Psylocke?
    As far as I know, we never got any confirmation that it was Psylocke in Sapphire's mind

Lets read the solicit for #4 again:

One of The X-Men Is Changed Forever!
    •Past and present clash in final battle on an island of secrets and sin!
    • What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx?
    • Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?

What if Betsy is dead for real, and this is actually Kwannon ?

Nerd rage incoming

I have been a fan of Psylocke since seeing her in the Marvel Superheroes arcade game when I was a child. I had my mom buy me the toy that had her sword light up. I drew her, I bought every game she appeared in, and sought out comics that she played a major role in. I didn't learn about her past until I started looking X-Men up on the internet and while I did find it weird, I chalked it up to comics being comics. In the past 15 years, the character has died, been resurrected, sucked into an alternate reality, plucked back to 616, plugged into her original body, transferred back, had her original body destroyed, faced a wraith that looked like original body etc. Literally ANY of those times would have been fine to take her back to square one if they felt so inclined. But instead, we get that slapped together in a weird miniseries. Like!? This comes 2 years after having a small role as an antagonist in a Summer blockbuster and like 2 days after making her a playable ninja in Future Fight. Water u dewin!? It's not like she was constantly speaking in haiku and lounging in kimonos, embodying some full on stereotype.

I'm taking this decision comes hot off the trail of ScarJo/Ghost in The Shell and Tilda Swinton/Doctor Strange but instead of acknowledging those faux pas, this is kind of doing the same thing: taking a recognizable Asian face and replacing it with a white one. 27 years of ink, pixels, figurines, animation cels, and casting calls thrown aside lol. At least she'll make the Guinness World Record for THE most confusing comic book heroine ever conceived. Here's hoping that since they changed Blink and Domino for live action projects, they don't feel the need to cast a white actress should she ever appear in anything in the future. Sheesh.

It feels so weird to feel this strongly about this but imagine they made Beast human again: yeah, thats how he started but any fan younger than 60 didn't grow up with that being their hero.

(Also the costume is trash garbaj. Dodson and Yu can't even seem to agree on what the shoulders are supposed to look like.)
    100% agreed.

Betsy is an amazing character as it is right now. We had interesting stories about her two bodies in the past. I dont have words for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_xfan View Post
    Someone may have already posted this but:

Do we even know if the person in that body is Psylocke?
    As far as I know, we never got any confirmation that it was Psylocke in Sapphire's mind

Lets read the solicit for #4 again:

One of The X-Men Is Changed Forever!
    •Past and present clash in final battle on an island of secrets and sin!
    • What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx?
    • Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?

What if Betsy is dead for real, and this is actually Kwannon ?
    The thought has crossed my mind. I can only hope Marvel wouldn’t do it. Not only would it be awful, but it wouldn’t make sense for them to kill off a B-lister like Psylocke and replace her with a Z-lister like Kwannon. That’s not to say that I couldn’t see Kwannon returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    You're not alone,he must be bombarded with questions such as this if his tweet on the 13th means anything.

But good job,Christopher!
    Well most of it was backlash and support for the change.

I just wanted to know if they would give it a proper spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yes. It further differentiates her from other psis. I also like that she actually did more training in the use of her powers to create all kinds of weapons.