Page 654 of 820 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704754 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 12295
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    But...that's never been Betsy? Even when she was white she still wanted to be the warrior? The fact that everyone is acting like she's suddenly going to become Emma 2.0 or suddenly get regulated to side character status is very strange. Marvel knows that her whole thing is being the psychic ninja badass. Why bring about this massive change, start putting her at the forefront of events and covers if all they're going to do is ignore her randomly for someone else?And again, the psychic knives just seem to be a huge indicator that that is still going to be her status quo.
    Yeah all these weird things people are saying is making me giggle. It's like they assume things that aren't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Not sure because I haven't read this series yet, but isn't there a scan of her bursting out of Saphire Styx body as psionic energy? Is it possible that that happens in the book and she uses her TK to form herself a corporeal body again in the way that she has always seen herself? That would burn out her TK and they could go from there
    There is. I'll see if I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So are we saying that Asian body made her everything that she was and without it she's basically nothing?

That comes off so weird to me. What if this new body is superior? We don't know anything yet. But for people saying she can't have a warrior mentality and be a fighter still because she doesn't have an Asian body is so off-putting. And how exactly is she losing everything. She literally says in that panel all the past versions of her and experiences are her. BETSY BRADDOCK.
    It's the same as people saying She loved her asian body because it was asian, more than she loved just being capable of fighting.
    There's a huge difference between Body Dysphoria, which Betsy has never been shown to have, and just being able to kinda handle herself in a fight.
    Her being asian didn't have anything to do with it. It had to do with her just being capable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Exactly. She's had this mentality. The original arc just gave her the means (the brainwashing and training, not the body). She's lived this life and it would only be regressing her character. The body doesn't make the warrior.
    /slow clap

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    She says I may Not have the body of a Japanese warrior anymore but that doesn't make me helpless. Then proceeds 5o shove someone and run away. I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume she could possibly lose the ninja aspect. Let's not act like these dots are out of left field. I always make valid and logical conclusions.
    True but then this happened...

There’s like forty of them and counting? She’s discombobulated, gathering her bearings and trying to find a way to escape and find her friends.
    Sometimes it’s easier to cut and run then have a pointless battle.
    Exactly.
    I know some of you have never been in a physical altercation, or think a Ninja can't lose a fight. But a weaponless combatant can't win a fight against 11ty billion psychic zombies. Even with a weapon there's 11ty billion psychic zombies.
    I can almost guarantee if it was Daredevil, Captain America, or Batman running from 11ty billion zombies people would say nada. But since it's Psylocke the rules are different somehow?

I don’t think i’ve ever read anyone say Betsy loved her Asian body because it was Asian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I don’t think i’ve ever read anyone say Betsy loved her Asian body because it was Asian.
    No, it's what Logan constantly says. Lol. I didn't want to name drop. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    For a minute there I thought you mean Logan the character.

BANNED

Yeah, I don't get where you guys are getting she's not a warrior anymore from that preview? All she says is she's not in the body of a Japanese warrior woman and then goes on to say she's not helpless. If anything that gives me "I'm not in THAT warrior body anymore but I'm still a badass bitch"
    EXACTLY^^^^ You betta PREACH hunty

This isn't a who is right and who is wrong situation here. There is plenty to go on to worry of the possibility. Stop invalidating others opinions because they don't jive with yours. It's super unbecoming.

Also I would like to point out that these are decrepit and decaying zombies. Obviously billions is an exaggeration because many have obviously already perished there. You know all the skeletons and ashe from previous souls.
    Last edited by Psy; 08-18-2018 at 09:41 PM.

There’s pretty good arguments on both sides.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Uh, when did I ever say that, I said that she liked the new body that she was in because it allowed her to be a fighter, not because it was an Asian body over a Caucasian one...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Uh, when did I ever say that, I said that she liked the new body that she was in because it allowed her to be a fighter, not because it was an Asian body over a Caucasian one...
    The body didn't allow her to be a fighter.

I'm curious about the psychic "shells" or "zombies" as some of you put it. They are obviously shells of all the souls that Sapphire Styx has absorbed over the centuries. Many of us (even Betsy herself) assume these skeletal creatures to be hostile, but what if they aren't? What if Betsy has it all wrong and they were reaching out for help?

Interesting too that even while Psylocke is dead (again), she is still a telepath. In a way, that's the best power to have since it's very possible that you can't, or choose not to die because your mind is so strong as to exist outside the body and/or take over another body.

The more I think about it,the more I find the entire premise of it worthless and shameful.Even if the consequences are explored in a mini,I expect Psylocke's presence to diminish further without her most recognisable look.

Purple hair - check
    Psy Knife - check
    Butterfly - check

I'd say she's still pretty recognisable. Her hair shade and pink outfit might not be to everyone's taste, but that's not as set in stone as ethnicity is.

Can we just talk about muscle memory and how it's a REAL thing. No the body didn't make her a fighter. It DID get her on the path to it and any training she did would belong to the Eurasian body. Now unless it's written in that she retains it. Beyond that, no, logically her English body would not be able to do what her Eurasian body could. That's not how it works. Her English body and muscles would need the training first.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Can we just talk about muscle memory and how it's a REAL thing. No the body didn't make her a fighter. It DID get her on the path to it and any training she did would belong to the Eurasian body. Now unless it's written in that she retains it. Beyond that, no, logically her English body would not be able to do what her Eurasian body could. That's not how it works. Her English body and muscles would need the training first.
    Yes, muscle memory is a real thing, but I don't entirely agree about her OG body not being able to retain her fighting prowess. Due to the nature of the Psylocke/Revanche storyline, both bodies were superior at martial arts. They were complete mirror images of each other. When Psylocke regained her OG form in Sisterhood, she did not lose her martial arts and was still a physical fighter.

Many posters say that current Psylocke's body was recreated by Jamie. If so, then that's a new body that's a couple of years old by now that has managed to keep the martial arts and didn't have to be trained. So if Psylocke recreates her OG body, then why all of a sudden after all the back and forth with the bodies or a new body from Jamie would she not keep the martial arts this time?

I think many are bringing a little too much of real world comparisons to a medium where characters can pretty much defy the rules of reality. We've seen the future teasers, she has the psychic knives and the butterfly effect. The psychic knives represent her physical prowess, IMO.

Although I really don't want to mention this, but Chris Claremont did retcon in some fighting skills in Psylocke's past history when she was part of S.T.R.I.K.E. in X-treme X-men #4.
    Last edited by Drey; 08-19-2018 at 05:33 PM.

All-New Member

Betsy's new look for X-men Dissasembled

batman-f-1.jpg