Page 659 of 820 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 12295

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I’m kind of worried about that too. Jean is bound to overshadow her at least a little bit. She’s the stronger psychic and the more popular character. That’s fine so long as Psylocke still gets good development and use.
    While I agree with most of your points, I'm not entirely sure who actually is the stronger psychic right now. Since Remender began writing her, Betsy began using her abilities in creative ways again and after the boundaries of her telepathy were expanded, due to AoA Jean burning the Death persona out of her, she became strong enough to hurt Apocangel and defeat the Shadow King on the astral plane, but she messed up when she chose not to kill him. She was also a psychic match for a future version of Cassandra Nova, topping it off by locking her in Betsy's 3rd original body, then killing her (and her own mummudrai) under Humphries.
    Last edited by Drey; 08-21-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    While I agree with most of your points, I'm not entirely sure who actually is the stronger psychic right now. Since Remender began writing her, Betsy began using her abilities in creative ways again and after the boundaries of her telepathy were expanded, due to AoA Jean burning the Death persona out of her, she became strong enough to hurt Apocangel and defeat the Shadow King on the astral plane, but she messed up when she chose not to kill him. She was also a psychic match for a future version of Cassandra Nova, topping it off by locking her in Betsy's 3rd original body, then killing her (and her own mummudrai) under Humphries.
    Good point. All this talk about psychics makes me want a book with just them! It will probably never happen, but still.

at Apocangel.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Good point. All this talk about psychics makes me want a book with just them! It will probably never happen, but still.
    LOL, it's funny because most of my favorite X-characters are psychic. I could definitely read a book with all psychics as well!!

at Apocangel.
    Hehe.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that while Betsy fought Cassandra Nova, Nova had Mummudrai Betsy's psychic abilities in addition to her own. So that shows Betsy is quite a powerhouse. Hopeless's Betsy was able to get inside Stryfe's mind and made him see an illusion while she snuck up on him. Of course he saw through it fast enough, but to get past his psi-shields is something to be said.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I also love both but I'm very excited about Betsy returning to her original body. Love all the attention she's been getting and hope she will get decent development going forward.
    Though is it even really her original body, unless she took dna and such from her Asian body she just either created an entirely new body out of thin air or used Styxx's body, killing her in the process...and I don't expect fans of either body to be totally happy or that this issue will end much of anything...

Oh Logan look at you go. So optimistic and positive.

Im gonna try not to read spoilers BUT I'll probably cave.
    Last edited by CGAR; 08-21-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Oh Logan look at you go. So optimistic and positive.

Im gonna try not to read spoilers BUT I'll probably cave.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though is it even really her original body, unless she took dna and such from her Asian body she just either created an entirely new body out of thin air or used Styxx's body, killing her in the process...and I don't expect fans of either body to be totally happy or that this issue will end much of anything...
    Her original body was incinerated, but you know what we mean. According to some fans, this is the 3rd body she's been in and is on her way to a 4th.

Some of these psychics seem to go through bodies like it's out of style:

Professor X - Charles's original body was taken over by the Brood and his mind was placed in a younger, cloned body. That body was killed by Dark Phoenix/Scott and now he's in an even younger body with hair, due to taking over Fantomex's body as his own. 3 bodies.

Phoenix - Jean is on her 3rd body too if you count her first death as Phoenix (which I do because I still stand by the Classic back-up story that Jean merged with Phoenix, but also kept part of herself in her original body. She's literally a cosmic being, having two selves because she wanted to shouldn't be a stretch if she can eat stars). Her original body is killed by Magneto/Xorn and then the Phoenix Force resurrects her in a new body. Although I do wonder what happened to Jean's original body that she was in when she went to the WHR in Phoenix: Endsong.

Psylocke - Betsy's first body died from the Legacy Virus, second body is killed by Vargas, and now she will be in a 3rd body. Which doesn't include the OG body that Jamie offered her during Remender's run or Mummudrai Betsy's OG body that Cassandra Nova offered her. There's also fans who think that the body that was just killed by Sapphire Styx is one that Jamie created.

Goblin Queen - Madelyne is on her 4th? body. Original body was cremated, then she jumped into Jean's body and would take over from time to time, then she lived as a psychic shell that Nate Grey unconsciously created for her. Now she inhabits Ana Cortes's genetically-infused-with-Jean-Grey's-DNA body.

Emma at least dodged a bullet and managed to keep her own body after all these years. Except for the time she possessed Bobby's lol.

Phoenix - Jean is on her 3rd body too if you count her first death as Phoenix (which I do because I still stand by the Classic back-up story that Jean merged with Phoenix, but also kept part of herself in her original body. She's literally a cosmic being, having two selves because she wanted to shouldn't be a stretch if she can eat stars). Her original body is killed by Magneto/Xorn and then the Phoenix Force resurrects her in a new body. Although I do wonder what happened to Jean's original body that she was in when she went to the WHR in Phoenix: Endsong.
    Jean's body was destroyed in Endsong. She left that mini without one. It was retconned a few years later during the Sisterhood arc when Domino dug it up from its grave. Her body was presumably returned after Maddie was dealt with and thats what we are assumed to beleive the Phoenix brought back this year

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's body was destroyed in Endsong. She left that mini without one. It was retconned a few years later during the Sisterhood arc when Domino dug it up from its grave. Her body was presumably returned after Maddie was dealt with and thats what we are assumed to beleive the Phoenix brought back this year
    Ah, I see. Thanks. It's been a few years since I read Endsong and thought she took the body with her.

Ah, I see. Thanks. It's been a few years since I read Endsong and thought she took the body with her.
    The art wasnt too clear about what was happening and Pak had to clarify it but Jean saved her friends by taking the blunt of the Shi'ars event horizon attack and that destroyed her body

Ultimate Member

Well CGAR, Taz kept up the attacks on the Asian Betsy for years even after she(Betsy) only had that one body so turnabout is only fair play unless something strange happens...

BANNED

Her original body was incinerated, but you know what we mean. According to some fans, this is the 3rd body she's been in and is on her way to a 4th.

Some of these psychics seem to go through bodies like it's out of style:

Professor X - Charles's original body was taken over by the Brood and his mind was placed in a younger, cloned body. That body was killed by Dark Phoenix/Scott and now he's in an even younger body with hair, due to taking over Fantomex's body as his own. 3 bodies.

Psylocke - Betsy's first body died from the Legacy Virus, second body is killed by Vargas, and now she will be in a 3rd body. Which doesn't include the OG body that Jamie offered her during Remender's run or Mummudrai Betsy's OG body that Cassandra Nova offered her. There's also fans who think that the body that was just killed by Sapphire Styx is one that Jamie created.

Goblin Queen - Madelyne is on her 4th? body. Original body was cremated, then she jumped into Jean's body and would take over from time to time, then she lived as a psychic shell that Nate Grey unconsciously created for her. Now she inhabits Ana Cortes's genetically-infused-with-Jean-Grey's-DNA body.

Emma at least dodged a bullet and managed to keep her own body after all these years. Except for the time she possessed Bobby's lol.
    Technically Psylocke would be on her 4th? Since she died and Roma brought them all back a few minutes later in bodies REALLY close to their originals.

Well, today is the day. A horrible footnote in Psylocke’s history is about to be written.
    Let’s stay strong and cry our selves to sleep.

Just read and enjoyed. Betsy gets a chance to show off just how skilled she is - and there's a nice twist at the end which implies that this story is far from over. Excited to see what development Betsy gets now, and I like how the issue had a tribute to her early days. Nicely done - now to see where they go from here...

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lukevmarlowe View Post
    Just read and enjoyed. Betsy gets a chance to show off just how skilled she is - and there's a nice twist at the end which implies that this story is far from over. Excited to see what development Betsy gets now, and I like how the issue had a tribute to her early days. Nicely done - now to see where they go from here...
    I agree, and Silas' Betsy is even beautiful.

spoilers:
    Now... I can't wait to see where they go from here with Kwannon.
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey